Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2013, 7:56 pm
She

Thanks for clarifying

I have platinum status but not sure how much help that would be. Guess I just have to book it and see
Old Jun 10, 2013, 8:02 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by She
Thanks for clarifying

I have platinum status but not sure how much help that would be. Guess I just have to book it and see
I would call the hotel and see what occupancy is looking like and how warm they are to Platinum members overall. It's helpful to set expectations accordingly IMHO
I'd also see if they have a way to confirm my accommodation in advance or closer to arrival date if that's something that may be important to you
Old Jun 11, 2013, 7:25 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

At the GH Kauai, suite upgrades (and suite awards) book into the Garden Suite category which is a suite on a low floor with the lawn area right outside your patio - it does face the ocean but being on a low floor you probably cannot see the ocean from your suite. Yes, being elite helps but is not a guarantee for a further upgrade.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 10:25 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
It is 6000 points up to 4 nights at the higher rate my bad thanks to our moderator for the much needed correction
Its typically the lowest category suite without ocean view
Having elite status really helps
If your stay is longer than 4 nights, say 6, can you simply apply 12,000 points to upgrade for all 6 nights (assuming availability, rates, and all other conditions to upgrade are met)?.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 11:38 am

Programs: UA, AA, LH, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, Hertz
Originally Posted by laxsnaogg
If your stay is longer than 4 nights, say 6, can you simply apply 12,000 points to upgrade for all 6 nights (assuming availability, rates, and all other conditions to upgrade are met)?.
Yes - however, this is where it's better to use the diamond suite upgrades if you have access to them.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by todorovic
Yes - however, this is where it's better to use the diamond suite upgrades if you have access to them.
Plus with Diamond suite upgrade Certs, the underlying rate can be a discounted paid one (AAA, Senior, Corporate).
Old Jun 11, 2013, 7:03 pm

Does anyone have any idea what percentage of Hyatt guests are diamonds? I know it must differ from property to property but ballpark, I would guess maybe 5%.
Old Jun 14, 2013, 8:01 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
How easy is it to redeem a free night using the Hyatt credit card at properties such as GH Beijing, or other big Asian (particularly Chinese) cities? How easy as in how early on do you usually have to book?
Old Jun 14, 2013, 8:46 pm

Originally Posted by agp423
How easy is it to redeem a free night using the Hyatt credit card at properties such as GH Beijing, or other big Asian (particularly Chinese) cities? How easy as in how early on do you usually have to book?
As easy as calling Hyatt Reservations and finding out availability
The sooner the better IMHO
You can always cancel but want to jump on it and book when a standard room is available for redemption
Old Jun 15, 2013, 4:32 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
I remember reading somewhere that some Hyatts only open up one room for redemption per night per hotel, is that true or often practiced?
Old Jun 15, 2013, 7:58 am

I remember reading somewhere that some Hyatts only open up one room for redemption per night per hotel, is that true or often practiced?
No - as long as a standard entry level room (not deluxe / view / etc) room is available for revenue booking it is available for reward redemption certainly with points (nd probably also the Chase card nights). We've not heard of people having much if any trouble with awards in China.
Old Jun 16, 2013, 7:47 pm

Programs: UA MM/1K, SPG Lifetime Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, Natl Exec Elite
Perhaps you're confusing Hyatt with a very large recently merged airline that claims to have the best award redemption in the industry - as long as you don't want a business class seat to any destination that anyone actually wants to go to?

IME Hyatt has excellent award redemption availability. Some of their very best hotels do get fully booked on occasion, but they do not 'cheat' on award availability nearly as much as some of their competitors.
Old Jun 16, 2013, 8:38 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by SportsTech
IME Hyatt has excellent award redemption availability. Some of their very best hotels do get fully booked on occasion, but they do not 'cheat' on award availability nearly as much as some of their competitors.
...cough...cough....Hilton....cough....cough....
Old Jun 18, 2013, 12:56 am

Originally Posted by jasonvr
...cough...cough....Hilton....cough....cough....
I am sorry to hear about your serious nagging cough regarding Hilton redemption of available standard rooms
Afraid that cough may be chronic from what I have observed.
Management folks that work inside the company are hacking their lungs out as bad as we are.In other words agreed ^
As for the damage they did to their program this year
it didn't reduce my business it essentially ended a 20 year relationship null and void.
Old Jun 18, 2013, 9:00 am

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
I am sorry to hear about your serious nagging cough regarding Hilton redemption of available standard rooms
Afraid that cough may be chronic from what I have observed.
Management folks that work inside the company are hacking their lungs out as bad as we are.In other words agreed ^
As for the damage they did to their program this year
it didn't reduce my business it essentially ended a 20 year relationship null and void.
When they really started degrading the program and eliminated the Diamond Force on award stays (without announcing anything) and essentially made Gold the same as Diamond, I stopped as well, granted, after only a ~8 year relationship, 6 of which were as Diamond, and sometimes "double Diamond" (based on yearly spend).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.