Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2012, 4:50 am

Originally Posted by glennaa11
is there an easy way to determine what reward level a property is...e.g. for figuring out where you can stay with the free level 1-4 hotel for having the Hyatt Visa?
See here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/18338584-post1.html
Old Apr 5, 2012, 6:29 am

Programs: most of them
perfect! Thanks so much.
Old Apr 5, 2012, 8:26 am

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
I caught wind of a Hyatt Diamond challenge.

Is it on now? and usually when is the challenge offered during the course of a year?
There are no dates associated with Hyatt's challenge. You contact Hyatt and request the challenge. You'll have to provide proof of elite status at a competing hotel chain and provide proof of recent activity. If your info checks out, then they'll grant you the challenge. Good luck!
Old Apr 5, 2012, 3:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by kenbo
There are no dates associated with Hyatt's challenge. You contact Hyatt and request the challenge. You'll have to provide proof of elite status at a competing hotel chain and provide proof of recent activity. If your info checks out, then they'll grant you the challenge. Good luck!
thanks..

I was reading up on the challenge, and I guess if I do the challenge on the latter part of the 2012, I'll keep status until February 2014. Offhand, does anybody know the cutoff date.

We'll be travelling 7 weeks to Europe, so certainly a good time to add 30+ nights when travelling, but I would have to time the challenge to begin.

My motivation is to stay in a suite in Kauai and time that out.. but we usually go on spring break late March early April. Any advice to getting status to extend to that period through the challenge, and have the diamond status on our way to Europe? We leave July 10th, and get back August 28th, 2012.
Old Apr 5, 2012, 4:12 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
We'll be travelling 7 weeks to Europe, so certainly a good time to add 30+ nights when travelling, but I would have to time the challenge to begin.

... We leave July 10th, and get back August 28th, 2012.
Can't help with cut-off date, but be aware that European Hyatts esp over summer will be $$$ - you should probably expect to average over $300 per night, depending on your mix of hotels... and possibly substantially higher.
Old Apr 5, 2012, 4:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Stewie Mac
Can't help with cut-off date, but be aware that European Hyatts esp over summer will be $$$ - you should probably expect to average over $300 per night, depending on your mix of hotels... and possibly substantially higher.
Thanks for the insight. I was expecting something more reasonable.. and looking at the language 'qualified rates' meaning full retail or a bit of a discount. Reading FT archive, there are instances where breakfast isn't provided based on the rate booked.

I've been considering the apartments.. but paying base and getting free breakfast and upgrade is having me look into the opportunity a bit more.

Thanks for your patience as I'm getting up to speed on the Diamond opportunity. I think the biggie, is getting a nice stay Kauai.. My wife is FPC Platinum with Fairmont, so looks like I'll be signing her up as Diamond first, and see where that goes.
Old Apr 5, 2012, 6:53 pm

Just became Diamond. For award reservation, do I still need to book a standard room then ask for upgrade at check in or I would be able to choose a better room during reservation?
Old Apr 5, 2012, 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by JCary
Just became Diamond. For award reservation, do I still need to book a standard room then ask for upgrade at check in or I would be able to choose a better room during reservation?
Award reservations always book into the standard room. As Diamond, you'll be upgraded at check-in. The standard upgrade to expect is to a Regency/Grand Club floor. No need to ask for anything unless you're looking for a particular view.
Old Apr 5, 2012, 7:05 pm

thanks..

I was reading up on the challenge, and I guess if I do the challenge on the latter part of the 2012, I'll keep status until February 2014. Offhand, does anybody know the cutoff date.
I want to say the cutoff date is end of February or end of March. I'd advise asking about that before having Hyatt activate your challenge.
Old Apr 6, 2012, 7:32 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Diamond Challenge

It looks like I'm going to be able to do a Diamond Challenge, probably activating next week. This is what I received from the GP rep:

Once you complete these nights, your account will remain at Diamond until the next renewal date. After which you can retain the Diamond tier each year through either 25 stays or 50 nights.

I was wondering exactly what "next renewal date" means.

From what I have read here on FT, I believe that if I start the Diamond Challenge say on April 10, 2012, and complete the 12 nights within 60 days, I will have Diamond status during the challenge, for the remainder of 2012, and also for the following year (2013), meaning until Feb 2014.

Is my understanding correct? OR, after completing the Challenge in June 2012, do I still have to complete either 25 stays or 50 nights during 2012 in order to retain Diamond status for 2013 (until Feb 2014)?
Old Apr 6, 2012, 11:06 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by OsakaWino
It looks like I'm going to be able to do a Diamond Challenge, probably activating next week. This is what I received from the GP rep:

Once you complete these nights, your account will remain at Diamond until the next renewal date. After which you can retain the Diamond tier each year through either 25 stays or 50 nights.

I was wondering exactly what "next renewal date" means.

From what I have read here on FT, I believe that if I start the Diamond Challenge say on April 10, 2012, and complete the 12 nights within 60 days, I will have Diamond status during the challenge, for the remainder of 2012, and also for the following year (2013), meaning until Feb 2014.

Is my understanding correct? OR, after completing the Challenge in June 2012, do I still have to complete either 25 stays or 50 nights during 2012 in order to retain Diamond status for 2013 (until Feb 2014)?
Sounds like the renewal date means February 28, 2013.. check with the rep, I'm interested to know the rules to all this too.. Stuck in Wailea, Maui, and won't be back til next week.

If its February 2014, that would almost mean another set of suite upgrade certs. But I doubt Hyatt would be that generous.
Old Apr 6, 2012, 11:49 pm

I've been doing some searching on this elsewhere, since I couldn't seem to find a definitive answer on FT, and it seems as if the Challenge is late in the year (second half?), if the Challenge is successful Diamond status continues for the entire next year. So a Challenge in October 2012 would give Diamond status for the remainder of 2012, and if successful, all the way until Feb 2014. However, a successful Challenge starting next week will only get me status until Feb 2013.

Can anyone confirm that this is actually correct?
Old Apr 7, 2012, 2:13 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I started a challenge on March 30.... And my status will be until feb 2013, so I think you are correct. So if you have another 12 nights planned later in the year it might be worth waiting.
Old Apr 7, 2012, 3:32 am

From what I've read, a Challenge toward the end of the year would "probably" be available, but I'm not sure I want to take the chance. They're offering it to me know, so I think I'll take it and do my best to get in 25 stays for the calendar year. It means a lot of 1-night stays at HR Kyoto, but having Diamond status will make it a lot more pleasant.
Old Apr 7, 2012, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
If you make diamond this year, you should retain that status for the rest of 2012, all of 2013, and until Feb 28, 2014. That is the normal renewal year.

BUT, I would call customer service and ask, since I make diamond via stays and have never done a challenge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.