Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2012, 8:52 pm

Programs: Diamond Hyatt, Silver MR and HH, SW A List
Diamond - points welcome amenity

Thank you to the folks in this forum for a recent tip - stayed in my 7th Hyatt YTD this past week, and in looking at my hyatt gp account online for receipt purposes noticed that three of my recent stays did not generate a Diamond status welcome amenity of points. Called and spoke with Theresa just a few minutes ago and she was able to credit these points to my account. Also asked for a points credit (flyertalk tip) because I needed to make the call and received an additional 500 points. Thank you flyertalk!
Old Mar 12, 2012, 8:40 am

I got the Chase Hyatt card and have two free 'anywhere' nights- these are two standard rooms. I have read that I can upgrade to a suite by paying the cash difference- is that still true? Can I upgrade my free stay with points?
Old Mar 12, 2012, 5:08 pm

Programs: UA, AA, LH, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, Hertz
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry 9000 (Bold): BlackBerry9000/5.0.0.1067 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Originally Posted by coregis
I got the Chase Hyatt card and have two free 'anywhere' nights- these are two standard rooms. I have read that I can upgrade to a suite by paying the cash difference- is that still true? Can I upgrade my free stay with points?
You can't upgrade a free stay with points. Check with the hotel where you plan to spend the free nights to see if they will offer you a paid upgrade - it is certanly possible but don't count on it as a sure thing.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 6:03 am

Hey i´ve got a quesiton about the best rate guarantee...

are only the "hyatt daily rates" available for best rate guarantee or is it possible to use the business rate (because they include breakfast and the most offered good rates have a including breakfast)
Old Mar 14, 2012, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I believe it's only for rates that a published on their website and available to the public. If they have a business rate, and you can buy it elsewhere for less, then yes, it would apply.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 9:03 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by Mary2e
I believe it's only for rates that a published on their website and available to the public. If they have a business rate, and you can buy it elsewhere for less, then yes, it would apply.
I'm really not sure about this issue. In the past, BRG requests have been denied because the other site's rates include tax / breakfast / etc. This whole issue seems to be in a transition anyways, it appears to me that BRG requests have been more easily approved in the last few months than in the past. Mary's statement makes a lot of sense but a lot of company policies don't.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 6:12 am

how do i figure out how many points it is to book a hotel (Specially Hyatt Saigon) and if there is availability? I don't have any points yet, but i have a bunch of chase UR points I am thinking of transferring open, except I don't know many points are needed, or if there is availability. When i try to login to my Hyatt Gold Passport account, its seems like i need 5,000 points before it even lets me try and book.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 6:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
The Park Hyatt Saigon is a category 4 hotel and requires 15k points per night for a standard room. You can call customer service for availability or post your dates here and either I, or someone else, can check for you.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 6:29 am

Originally Posted by jaybert
how do i figure out how many points it is to book a hotel (Specially Hyatt Saigon) and if there is availability? I don't have any points yet, but i have a bunch of chase UR points I am thinking of transferring open, except I don't know many points are needed, or if there is availability. When i try to login to my Hyatt Gold Passport account, its seems like i need 5,000 points before it even lets me try and book.
You should call customer service. If the nights you want are available, have them confirm the reservation for you even before you transfer the points. They should be able to do this in advance pending the transfer.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 6:45 am

Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
You should call customer service. If the nights you want are available, have them confirm the reservation for you even before you transfer the points. They should be able to do this in advance pending the transfer.
nice, thanks.

so you're saying they can put the reservation on hold if i tell them i'll be transferring points over? that's perfect. just didn't want to get into the situation where i transfer points only to find out there are no rooms!
Old Mar 15, 2012, 7:50 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by jaybert
how do i figure out how many points it is to book a hotel (Specially Hyatt Saigon) and if there is availability? I don't have any points yet, but i have a bunch of chase UR points I am thinking of transferring open, except I don't know many points are needed, or if there is availability. When i try to login to my Hyatt Gold Passport account, its seems like i need 5,000 pointIs before it even lets me try and book.
http://goldpassport.hyatt.com/gp/en/...free_night.jsp is the page that lists award nights by category and there is a link on that page that tells which hotel is in which category.

Award availability can be checked by using a "proxy", if the base "entry" room is available for a "cash" booking it would be available for awards. In this case, go to http://saigon.park.hyatt.com/hyatt/h...escription.jsp and you can see that the Park Room (and I'm guessing Park King and Park Twin) category rooms are the base entry room. Park Deluxe and up categories are irrelevant for award availability.

I think that Chase UR point transfer is pretty quick so I'm not sure you would need to have them prebook the award before points hit your account (not sure they'd do that anyways - although they might). FWIW, I don't think that the PH Saigon is usually a problem for award redemptions.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by peteropny
http://goldpassport.hyatt.com/gp/en/...free_night.jsp is the page that lists award nights by category and there is a link on that page that tells which hotel is in which category.

Award availability can be checked by using a "proxy", if the base "entry" room is available for a "cash" booking it would be available for awards. In this case, go to http://saigon.park.hyatt.com/hyatt/h...escription.jsp and you can see that the Park Room (and I'm guessing Park King and Park Twin) category rooms are the base entry room. Park Deluxe and up categories are irrelevant for award availability.

I think that Chase UR point transfer is pretty quick so I'm not sure you would need to have them prebook the award before points hit your account (not sure they'd do that anyways - although they might). FWIW, I don't think that the PH Saigon is usually a problem for award redemptions.
thanks that helped for the future. i ended up just calling based on the previous suggestion (before I read what you wrote) and they were able to check the availability for me (was fine for both stays I was looking at). they told me there was availability, so i transferred points (went through immediately) and then booked the room online.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 7:12 am

Programs: Skypass Morning Calm Premium
I got the two award nights from the hyatt, and my girlfriend and I will be taking a trip from phoenix, through all of california, yosemite and down to vegas for around 1 month. If you could stay at any hyatt in taho/california (all of it) which one would it be? I know this question seems quite vague and stupid but I don't know which hyatts are better or worse. I see the Aviara is the most expensive but is it the best in terms of rooms and views, etc. etc
thanks and i'm sorry for being extremely ignorant.

Oh, we are going to be traveling from april 6th to the beginning of may.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 10:54 am

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by letsgostlcardinals
I got the two award nights from the hyatt, and my girlfriend and I will be taking a trip from phoenix, through all of california, yosemite and down to vegas for around 1 month. If you could stay at any hyatt in taho/california (all of it) which one would it be? I know this question seems quite vague and stupid but I don't know which hyatts are better or worse. I see the Aviara is the most expensive but is it the best in terms of rooms and views, etc. etc
thanks and i'm sorry for being extremely ignorant.

Oh, we are going to be traveling from april 6th to the beginning of may.
I was looking for a nice place for a 2 night escape in CA and it basically came down to the HR San Fran and the HR Huntington Beach. In the end I chose the HR SF because of the outrageous fees at HB (valet parking (no self park), resort fee, etc). Although, if you are on an award stay, the resort fee may be waived. The lounge was great at SF. Great food and drink, as well as a gorgeous view. Also well positioned to use public transit and view the sights. Don't know what parking costs at SF though since we took BART there and back.

I should note that I was looking for a paid stay, which also meant I was looking for reasonably priced properties which may have skewed me a bit.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 3:37 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've not stayed at the Aviara but many who have thing it would be a good use of free nights. Another possibility is the Hyatt in Carmel (not to be confused with the one in Monterey).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.