Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2011, 8:12 pm

Programs: UA, AA, LH, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, Hertz
Originally Posted by goldiemack
Quick update on this. I signed up for the Diamond status challenge last week and will already have 5 nights toward the goal by the end of this week. I've already booked a week at Park Hyatt Aviara during Q1 2012 using one of the four suite upgrades. I'm really looking forward to taking full advantage of this status. Thanks again for helping out a newbie!
Glad that the status challenge is working for you. May all your Hyatt stays be up to your standards.
Old Dec 5, 2011, 8:13 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by goldiemack
Quick update on this. I signed up for the Diamond status challenge last week and will already have 5 nights toward the goal by the end of this week. I've already booked a week at Park Hyatt Aviara during Q1 2012 using one of the four suite upgrades. I'm really looking forward to taking full advantage of this status. Thanks again for helping out a newbie!
A warm welcome to the world of Hyatt Gold Passport Diamond membership and the Hyatt GP forum
Have fun at the Park Hyatt and thanks for your business here in the San Diego area.
We appreciate it here for the local economy ^
Have a Happy Holiday Season
Cheers
Old Dec 7, 2011, 12:32 am

Programs: M&M Senator, Flying Blue Platinum
deleted.

Last edited by JohnDP; Nov 30, 2013 at 3:07 am
Old Dec 7, 2011, 6:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Yes, that is the case. Also, if you charge something to your room from a contracted vendor at the hotel, you won't get points.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 8:12 am

Originally Posted by Mary2e
Yes, that is the case. Also, if you charge something to your room from a contracted vendor at the hotel, you won't get points.
What is a contracted vendor? A Starbucks, for example?
Old Dec 7, 2011, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Starbucks would be one. Some spas are contracted out. Some valet parking is contracted out.

Unfortunately, it's nearly impossible to tell, and asking at the front desk may not get you the correct answer.

If you see a star next to the charge, then it's not eligible.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 9:58 am

Starbucks would be one. Some spas are contracted out. Some valet parking is contracted out.

Unfortunately, it's nearly impossible to tell, and asking at the front desk may not get you the correct answer.

I'd like to chime in hear that the star also can mean nothing.
Over the years when the dreaded ineligible star was introduced to block ineligible charges it also blocked many eligible charges.Including AAA room rates.
The error rate has certainly improved in recent years however some hotels still can play fuzzy math

When in doubt or questioning any such validity my suggestion would be research it in a variety of ways before drawing a definitive conclusion
Examples: Gold Passport,other experienced GP guests, and the hotel directly
Cheers

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Dec 7, 2011 at 1:17 pm
Old Dec 7, 2011, 12:28 pm

Thanks. Just wanted to make sure I was looking at it correctly.
Old Dec 13, 2011, 9:05 pm

I’ve been searching but can’t find clarification on the Hyatt upgrade certificates…even the staff at Hyatt couldn’t help me.

Here my situation: I received Hyatt Diamond this past summer as part of the SMD, and it included 4 upgrade certificates. According to the membership card my Diamond status is good until 02/2013.

Questions:
1. If I use on or more of the upgrade in 2011, will I get 4 fresh upgrade certificates at the beginning of 2012?

2. If I use only one upgrade in 2011, will just the three remaining follow me throughout 2012?

3. Maybe optimistically, if I use all of them this year (highly unlikely), will I get 4 more at the beginning of 2012?

4. Worst case scenario, they expire and I don’t get any replacement upgrade certificates in 2010?

FYI, I’ve shifted by business to Hyatt and stayed with them 22 nights this year. Foolishley, I haven’t used any upgrade certificates yet.

Please advice, Thanks.
Bald Army Guy
Old Dec 13, 2011, 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by FamilyMan
I’ve been searching but can’t find clarification on the Hyatt upgrade certificates…even the staff at Hyatt couldn’t help me.

Here my situation: I received Hyatt Diamond this past summer as part of the SMD, and it included 4 upgrade certificates. According to the membership card my Diamond status is good until 02/2013.

Questions:
1. If I use on or more of the upgrade in 2011, will I get 4 fresh upgrade certificates at the beginning of 2012?

2. If I use only one upgrade in 2011, will just the three remaining follow me throughout 2012?

3. Maybe optimistically, if I use all of them this year (highly unlikely), will I get 4 more at the beginning of 2012?

4. Worst case scenario, they expire and I don’t get any replacement upgrade certificates in 2010?

FYI, I’ve shifted by business to Hyatt and stayed with them 22 nights this year. Foolishley, I haven’t used any upgrade certificates yet.

Please advice, Thanks.
Bald Army Guy
Greetings Bald AG
1)If you are a Diamond member throughout 2012 you will receive 4 new confirmable suite upgrades on March 1rst 2012
2)Upgrades from 2011 expire if not used by end of February 2012
(so you have two extra months into the new year to redeem
If you confirm them in advance before that expiration date you are still able to use them
3)Use everything you have by all means! If you qualified for Diamond more are comming in March!
4) Not clear on the question 2010 is long past gone :
Congratulations on your loyalty to Hyatt ^
Cheers

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Dec 13, 2011 at 10:03 pm
Old Dec 14, 2011, 2:29 pm

What is the best US Hyatt?

I will be getting 4 free nights at any Hyatt anywhere (with my wife) via their credit card and want to get the best bang for my buck.

Thoughts?

Tx

Last edited by trey; Dec 14, 2011 at 2:39 pm
Old Dec 14, 2011, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by trey
I will be getting 4 free nights at any Hyatt anywhere (with my wife) via their credit card and want to get the best bang for my buck.

Thoughts?

Tx
Look at their premium properties within the US or globally where you would most be interested in traveling too.
Park Hyatt,Grand Hyatt or perhaps one of their resorts
It helps to go online and look at their various lists of properties when looking for your aspirational reward.Nice photos to look at.
You can also check reviews here and a variety of review sites online
Cheers and Happy travels
Old Dec 14, 2011, 5:56 pm

Programs: Who cares... status is a Red Herring.
Diamond Status Legnth

I'm unclear about how long my status last.
I have the Hyatt Visa and therefore have Platinum status. So if I stay 10 more nights and get Diamond status in January does my status last for one year? Or does it last until the end of next year? Or, doubtful, but does it last as long as I have my Visa?
I'm sorry if this is a newb question but it looks like that right thread.

Last edited by travelisfree; Dec 14, 2011 at 6:34 pm
Old Dec 14, 2011, 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by kingdomofpeace
I'm unclear about how long my status last.
I have the Hyatt Visa and therefore have Platinum status. So if I stay 10 more nights in January does my status last for one year? Or does it last until the end of next year? Or, doubtful, but does it last as long as I have my Visa?
I'm sorry if this is a newb question but it looks like that right thread.
You will have Platinum status for as long as you have the Hyatt Visa. You don't have to worry about qualifying each year.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 6:02 pm

Programs: Who cares... status is a Red Herring.
Originally Posted by kenbo
You will have Platinum status for as long as you have the Hyatt Visa. You don't have to worry about qualifying each year.
Oops, I meant Diamond.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.