Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2011, 11:28 am

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by goldiemack
Hi - .....
From talking to GP customer service, I know the current offer runs until 12/31, and qualifying would earn Diamond status until Feb 2013. Is a new challenge likely to be available immediately after 1/1/12? Would it extend status until Feb 2014 or still just Feb 2013? I'm trying to think about the best way to time the 12 nights/60 days challenge. I know I've got enough potential stays to hit it whether I start now or wait until early 2012 to do the challenge, but would appreciate advice from experts like you. Thanks!
As promised, sent the question off to GP Conc as there was a difference of opinion as to the correct answer....

Here is his response:
With regards to a Diamond trial for 2012, we haven't had any info from Corporate in Chicago as to if we're running this for next year, or what the qualifications may be. Once we get the information, we can always let our FT guests aware of the T&C of obtaining the status.

So it appears that waiting may not be in one's best interest...
Old Nov 28, 2011, 1:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA ExP, DL Silver, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Silver, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by sophiegirl
As promised, sent the question off to GP Conc as there was a difference of opinion as to the correct answer....

Here is his response:
With regards to a Diamond trial for 2012, we haven't had any info from Corporate in Chicago as to if we're running this for next year, or what the qualifications may be. Once we get the information, we can always let our FT guests aware of the T&C of obtaining the status.

So it appears that waiting may not be in one's best interest...
Thanks so much, I appreciate it.
Old Nov 29, 2011, 8:08 am

Cancun spring break

Currently rooms going for $160 a night first week of March, Should I wait and see if any promos pop up from now until Jan 1st or should I book before it sells out?
Old Nov 29, 2011, 8:20 am

Originally Posted by chyamor
Currently rooms going for $160 a night first week of March, Should I wait and see if any promos pop up from now until Jan 1st or should I book before it sells out?
Welcome to the Hyatt forum!

Are you talking about pricing promotions or bonus points promotions? In regards to pricing promotions, I'd say book it now. If the rates change or if there is a special offer, you can update the rate. I've never tried it with a special offer code but a rate change is definitely something you can update.

In regards to bonus points promos, also book now. A pre-existing reservation won't disqualify you from getting bonus points in a promotion. As long as your stay occurs within the promotion period you're fine.
Old Nov 29, 2011, 8:35 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by kenbo
Welcome to the Hyatt forum!

Are you talking about pricing promotions or bonus points promotions? In regards to pricing promotions, I'd say book it now. If the rates change or if there is a special offer, you can update the rate. I've never tried it with a special offer code but a rate change is definitely something you can update.

In regards to bonus points promos, also book now. A pre-existing reservation won't disqualify you from getting bonus points in a promotion. As long as your stay occurs within the promotion period you're fine.
Also, welcome!!

A little bit of clarification here - the $160 rate - is that prepaid and non-cancellable - that would play a factor if it was. If it isn't then book it and keep checking occasionally to see if the rate gets any better, if it does, then just rebook.
Old Nov 29, 2011, 8:49 am

This would be their 21 day advance purchase. However after checking out expedia looks like I can get non stop airfare from ORD with 5 nights (Tue-Sun) Ocean view for $1000. This looks very tempting
Old Nov 29, 2011, 8:51 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by chyamor
This would be their 21 day advance purchase. However after checking out expedia looks like I can get non stop airfare from ORD with 5 nights (Tue-Sun) Ocean view for $1000. This looks very tempting
This may not matter to you, but you will not get a stay credit / points with the expedia booking. Yes $1000 for 5 nights with airfare sounds like a great deal.
Old Nov 29, 2011, 11:14 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by peteropny
This may not matter to you, but you will not get a stay credit / points with the expedia booking. Yes $1000 for 5 nights with airfare sounds like a great deal.
Still sounds like a great deal to me too, even without the stay credit.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 5:34 pm

Not sure if I'm just unlucky, but I switched to Hyatt less than 3 months ago and out of 11 stays so far, I've had to chase them up about points on six of those stays so far.

3 times now I've received points for room service, but not for the room. Twice with Andaz and once with a Grand Hyatt. Other times they've not posted at all.

The best success I've actually had is with Hyatt Place, which I was expecting to be the worst.

Do I need to chase them up when I check-out for better success? I like the hotels and service whilst staying, but Gold Passport is lacking at this point.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 5:47 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Experiences must clearly vary as I've not had to do call on any stay in 2011, although I did have to in 2010. I don't think anyone has a foolproof scheme. Of course, you should make sure that your number is in starting with the booking and all the way through.

But maybe I am wrong and someone does have a foolproof scheme to get the points always to post. If so, please add it to this thread!
Old Nov 30, 2011, 9:37 pm

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP
I read here of lots of people finding discrepancies and missing stay points... so I was so excited to do some reconciliations on my stays and statements and call to claim all my missing points! I wasn't missing any, for 20+ stays and 60+ nights. Very YMMV.
Old Dec 1, 2011, 11:05 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

As Richard stated everyones experience will vary for a variety of reasons
I had a small handful of stays not post this year
My only issue is when Gold Passport refuses to post the stay and I have to call the hotel and get the property to post it for whatever the reason Gold Passport isn't in a cooperative mood that day.
Thankfully this isn't too frequent

My suggestion is even when your stay does post check the points posted to your account by looking at room Rate and eligible incidental spending
Routinely I find inaccurate posting amounts
Cheers
Old Dec 2, 2011, 5:45 am

New Hyatt Gold Member Sign-up Bonus?

Hi - I don't have a Hyatt Gold membership yet - are there any new member sign-up bonuses floating around, or does anyone have a referral link for me to use where you'll get something out of it?

Thanks!
DL

Last edited by infoseive; Dec 6, 2011 at 4:27 am
Old Dec 2, 2011, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Sorry, there aren't any sign up or referral bonuses. The best you can do is also get the credit card. If you do, you'll get 2 free nights (in a suite if your're diamond).
Old Dec 5, 2011, 6:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA ExP, DL Silver, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Silver, Marriott Platinum
Quick update on this. I signed up for the Diamond status challenge last week and will already have 5 nights toward the goal by the end of this week. I've already booked a week at Park Hyatt Aviara during Q1 2012 using one of the four suite upgrades. I'm really looking forward to taking full advantage of this status. Thanks again for helping out a newbie!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.