Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2011, 6:20 pm

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP
Sorry, but what Hyatt Visa gives one Diamond status regardless of stays? I have the Chase Hyatt Visa, but that doesn't provide automatic Diamond status to my memory.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 6:35 pm

Programs: Who cares... status is a Red Herring.
Okay, bad edit.
Hopefully we're on track now.

The question is: how long does Diamond status last?
Old Dec 14, 2011, 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by kingdomofpeace
Oops, I meant Diamond.
The Hyatt Visa does not grant complimentary Diamond status and having the card will not credit you any stays/nights towards Diamond, despite offering complimentary Platinum status. You'd still need to complete 25 stays/50 nights between January 1, 2012 and December 31, 2012 in order to retain Diamond.

If you don't re-qualify for 2012 by the end of this year, your Diamond status will last through the end of February 2012.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 9:06 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Greetings All,

The Hyatt Chase Visa comes with Platinum status as long as you remain a cardholder in good standing
If You pay the annual fee you will retain Platinum status year round

"Platinum Hyatt Gold Passport membership for as long as you are a cardmember
Platinum status valid as long as your Hyatt Credit Card is open and in good standing and you comply with Hyatt Gold Passport program rules. Authorized users will not be eligible for Platinum status or associated Platinum benefits."
Old Dec 15, 2011, 11:50 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by trey
I will be getting 4 free nights at any Hyatt anywhere (with my wife) via their credit card and want to get the best bang for my buck.

Thoughts?

Tx
I'd just like to add three specific Park Hyatts that I'd recommend for "best bang for your free nights:" Chicago, Washington DC, and Aviara (Southern California).
Old Dec 16, 2011, 8:26 am

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
I'd just like to add three specific Park Hyatts that I'd recommend for "best bang for your free nights:" Chicago, Washington DC, and Aviara (Southern California).
Glad you mentioned Aviara. I'm burning my two nights there next summer!
Old Dec 16, 2011, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
stay certificates and Diemond suite upgrade certs?

Just a brief question:

Can Diemond members apply suite upgrade certs towards stays booked with the Hyatt stay certificate option?

The T&C are somewhat vague and only say "usable with paid stays". Hyatt suite certs have a fixed price attached, so are different from points/rewards stays, but just thought I´d check with the FT experts.

Thanks in advance!
Old Dec 16, 2011, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
My guess would be no - since stay certificates aren't considered paid or qualifying stays.

Note that it is only a guess Perhaps someone else knows for sure.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 5:54 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by Mary2e
My guess would be no - since stay certificates aren't considered paid or qualifying stays.

Your guess is correct - Stay Certs is not an "eligible" stay - I think of them as purchased awards.
Old Dec 17, 2011, 8:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Mary2e

Originally Posted by peteropny
Your guess is correct - Stay Certs is not an "eligible" stay - I think of them as purchased awards.
Thanks for the info! Too bad, I was already planning several stays in nice suites at various Hyatt hotels around the world.

How about the other Diamond benefits like comp. internet, breakfast/lounge access?
Old Dec 17, 2011, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
You are entitled to all diamond benefits on all stays - no matter how you have paid for them (including awards).
Old Dec 18, 2011, 1:10 am

Programs: I was loyal to One Pass & Star Alliance before FT ... now I value all miles and programs
Would someone kindly explain the following two Diamond benefits to me?

• Achieve rewards even faster with a 30% point bonus when choosing points for your stay
  • Receive a special welcome point bonus or food and beverage amenity during each stay

-- Does the first statement mean that I get a 30% bonus when I pay with points?
-- Can I get a welcome point bonus on reward stays as well?
Old Dec 18, 2011, 9:13 am

Originally Posted by lrluis
Would someone kindly explain the following two Diamond benefits to me?

• Achieve rewards even faster with a 30% point bonus when choosing points for your stay
  • Receive a special welcome point bonus or food and beverage amenity during each stay

-- Does the first statement mean that I get a 30% bonus when I pay with points?
-- Can I get a welcome point bonus on reward stays as well?

• No it is not a rebate on reward nights
the 30% Diamond point bonus means when paying with an eligible revenue rate you will earn the bonus
Diamond amenity points or other may be earned on any stay award or revenue as it is an in house perk extended to all Diamond members

Sorry for the confusion but most marketing folks expect that their members are experienced users and typically don't communicate all that well how their benefits work at all tier levels.There is a cost for poor communication to their bottom line Especially for guests who don't use social media or don't want to become educated or take the time to understand the offerings of a given program.

In focus groups through the years I was surprised to learn that a number bright educated and successful folks never joined a program as they couldn't understand or take the time to understand the complicated rules and benefits of a program.
Some of these folks are also high earners and not really all that concerned about a free flight or a free room in the big scheme of things

Cheers and welcome to Hyatt GP Diamond membership!

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Dec 18, 2011 at 9:23 am
Old Dec 18, 2011, 1:54 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
If I book a standard room as a normal revenue booking and I acquire enough points between now and when the stay begins can I convert the stay to an award stay?
Old Dec 18, 2011, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by User Name
If I book a standard room as a normal revenue booking and I acquire enough points between now and when the stay begins can I convert the stay to an award stay?
No unfortunately it is two separate inventories and not interchangeable
Once the hotel sells out of standard reward rooms there is next to no possibility of cancelling a revenue room and rebooking an an award room under any normal circumstances.
Should a standard award room be available at the time then of course its a go

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Dec 18, 2011 at 4:23 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.