Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2010, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by dave_SEA
2. Also, is there consensus on where to find the best rates for Maui or Kauai? SHould I try Hyatt.com or expedia or annother service? My SPG credit card gives me lots of promos at Starwood, but I'm clueless where to look for Hyatt rates.
Hyatt has a best price guarantee

http://www.hyatt.com/hyatt/specials/...sp?icamp=brgBF

Not sure how effective/easy it is to invoke it. One thing to point out: if you want to earn points/status credit, you need to book directly with Hyatt (online or phone). Stays booked on 3rd party sites like Expedia don't count.
Old Nov 2, 2010, 10:50 am

Programs: UA, AA, LH, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, Hertz
Originally Posted by dave_SEA
I am a total Hyatt newbie. I've signed up for Passport, but only stayed at a Hyatt 2 nights this year.

I'm planning a trip to either Maui or Kauai. My wife wants to stay at the Hyatt, but me being SPG gold would prefer a Starwood since there are chances of upgrades.

1. Does Hyatt offer any sort of status match?

David
Since notquiteaff answered #2 I'll try to answer question #1. Hyatt does status match from SPG gold and up to earlier this year (last time I checked) they were matching this level to Diamond so this may be worth exploring if your wife is leaning towards Hyatt.

You can find more info on hotel status match at:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...er-thread.html

I'd suggest reading the first post and then moving to the end and working your way back as those would be the most recent experiences.

IMPORTANT EDIT: Gold Passport Concierge just posted that Hyatt will NOT continue their status matching program. More info:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...formation.html

Last edited by todorovic; Nov 8, 2010 at 3:08 pm Reason: New info became available
Old Nov 2, 2010, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by cz4444
Hi,
thanks for the quick reply! I'm going to Barcelona 10.11.10-12.11.10! Are there any special offers? I've registered for priority club 2 days ago. Where can I check this offers for the last quarter exactly??looked at the priority website, but can't find nth
thx for help
Originally Posted by cz4444
Another question is, do I get points when I book through the F&F website from IHG?
Because when I tried to book through this website, I was logged in at priority club and F&F rate and there nth stads that I won't get points when I book through this website.
Thx
There is a separate forum here on Flyertalk for IHG/Priority Club questions (this one is for Hyatt GP).

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...mbassador-426/

You probably stand a better chance of getting a correct and quick reply from the experts over there. I personally have only recently started following that program (thanks to some of their promos).
Old Nov 2, 2010, 6:29 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
I am a newbie to Hyatt Diamond; am also a Hilton Diamond. I am not yet up to speed on the program and like Magic111 am subscribing to the thread to learn the answers to questions I have not yet thought of! To all the Ambassadors, thank you for your service to FT!
Old Nov 2, 2010, 11:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ExPlat,EX-UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat,
Originally Posted by magic111
Got my answer before anyone posted the answer - it appeared at the same time.
Congratulation for being Diamond, please read the benefits and enjoy it.
Old Nov 3, 2010, 12:21 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QR G, A3 G, EK G, IHG Amb, GHA Black, WOH LT something
hi all,

as a fresh off the boat hyatt diamond, i apoligize for this, but is there any way to see online how many suite upgrades you have left, and use them online?

thanks

synd
Old Nov 3, 2010, 12:25 pm

Programs: UA, AA, LH, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, Hertz
Originally Posted by synd
hi all,

as a fresh off the boat hyatt diamond, i apoligize for this, but is there any way to see online how many suite upgrades you have left, and use them online?

thanks

synd
You can check your balance by following the link to My Awards (under the My Account section) once you are logged in. As far as using them online that's not possible at this time. You will have to call GP CS and request the upgrade. The agent will call the hotel and request the upgrade, which will be either confirmed or denied on the spot.
Old Nov 3, 2010, 12:31 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QR G, A3 G, EK G, IHG Amb, GHA Black, WOH LT something
Originally Posted by todorovic
You can check your balance by following the link to My Awards (under the My Account section) once you are logged in. As far as using them online that's not possible at this time. You will have to call GP CS and request the upgrade. The agent will call the hotel and request the upgrade, which will be either confirmed or denied on the spot.
thanks todorovic,

was playing around with the website and could not figure it out...

synd
Old Nov 3, 2010, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by todorovic
The agent will call the hotel and request the upgrade, which will be either confirmed or denied on the spot.
The one time I tried to use mine they seemed to check online (in their internal system); the time between me asking, being put on hold, and getting the denial was too short for a phone request.

Which reminds me, I have to try again for some upcoming reservations or my four upgrades will expire unused
Old Nov 3, 2010, 9:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Gx Bonuses and Day Restrictions

Have a simple question:

How does Hyatt apply the day-of-the-week restrictions for G1 etc. bonus offers? I am looking to stay at the GH Berlin from Thursday through Sunday. They have a G1 bonus that says "Offer valid only Friday - Sunday" -- does that apply to the check-in date or does one of my nights have to fall into that period? It would seem utterly illogical if I could get a bonus for staying Friday-Sunday but would not get it if I add a day at the beginning.
Old Nov 3, 2010, 11:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ExPlat,EX-UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat,
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Have a simple question:

How does Hyatt apply the day-of-the-week restrictions for G1 etc. bonus offers? I am looking to stay at the GH Berlin from Thursday through Sunday. They have a G1 bonus that says "Offer valid only Friday - Sunday" -- does that apply to the check-in date or does one of my nights have to fall into that period? It would seem utterly illogical if I could get a bonus for staying Friday-Sunday but would not get it if I add a day at the beginning.
You will get the Gx for this stay. Enjoy the stay.
Old Nov 4, 2010, 9:52 am

Thanks to all Ambassadors - Here's a question from a true newbie here:

How do you feel about the great 10K promo? Is that considered a generous amount of points for 5 nights? And what would be your best strategy for taking advantage of it, in terms of investment vs. reward?
Old Nov 4, 2010, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Mi13

How do you feel about the great 10K promo? Is that considered a generous amount of points for 5 nights? And what would be your best strategy for taking advantage of it, in terms of investment vs. reward?
I am earning 20,000 bonus points for nights that I had already booked with Hyatt anyway, so while it may not be as generous as previous promotions, I am not unhappy about it. Others feel differently, but I think part of that is because of the (overly) generous promos in recent history setting a (bad) precedent. Just my humble opinion

As far as taking advantage of it, personally I don't have the time to do mattress runs, and unless you need extra nights/stays anyway to achieve elite status, I am not sure that it's worth the cost. E.g., would 5 nights at the cheapest HP (say, $50/night all in) = $250 be worth it to earn 10,000 points? Not for me. But if I had four nights booked anyway and needed just another one to earn the 10,000 points, I might do it.
Old Nov 4, 2010, 10:57 am

Programs: UA Global Services 3MM, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by Mi13

I agree with notquiteaff - if you already have stays booked, or have the need to book stays during the period, then it is a great add-on. I am not sure, however, that is is worth the spend to do mattress runs to get the points.

I am going to earn20,000 bonus points that I would not have gotten anyway, and for stays that I had booked or am about to book.
Old Nov 4, 2010, 11:03 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
Which reminds me, I have to try again for some upcoming reservations or my four upgrades will expire unused
I am looking to stay at the GH Berlin from Thursday through Sunday.
This would be a really excellent use of an upgrade cert. Books into their 'Grand Suite' which is very nicely laid out and comes with *free minibar*

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.