Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Maui - coming in September 2013

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Maui - coming in September 2013

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2013, 8:01 am

Programs: United, SPG, Hyatt
Latest word on the opening schedule:

We are scheduled to open at the very tail end of June / beginning of July. When we open for reservations in the upcoming weeks we will be accepting starting September 1 and beyond. As we get closer to our actual opening date, we will determine when we can accept reservations for July and August.
(via https://www.facebook.com/AndazMauiWa...46294272110381)
Old Feb 16, 2013, 1:22 pm
K79

Originally Posted by julp
Latest word on the opening schedule:

(via https://www.facebook.com/AndazMauiWa...46294272110381)
Now that's a little more specific than "summer 2013."
Old Feb 16, 2013, 5:27 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
I would trust in Hyatt HQ, more than the property's marketing department.
Old Mar 16, 2013, 9:59 pm
Suspended

They posted a new youtube video on facebook the other day with a lot more details about the property, rooms, etc. but still no opening date:

http://youtu.be/j3iFjXGnZRU

Andaz Suite looks pretty nice (53 seconds into the video) - I hope that's what Diamond update cert will upgrade into! That sounded like a pretty high percentage of rooms that will be suites too which hopefully will make using a Diamond upgrade not too hard.

And I was most shocked 3 minutes 40 seconds into it...no resort fee!!!! Sounds too good to be true!
Old Mar 17, 2013, 7:50 am

Originally Posted by oc2005
And I was most shocked 3 minutes 40 seconds into it...no resort fee!!!! Sounds too good to be true!
great video, very exciting, can't wait to see it. Thanks.

-David
Old Mar 17, 2013, 9:13 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Any latest word on what the rates will be like at this property? Designated size and view of suite u/g's?

Will be down the road at Fairmont Kea Lani this summer.. Too bad this hotel isn't open to try out.
Old Mar 17, 2013, 11:38 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
Any latest word on what the rates will be like at this property? Designated size and view of suite u/g's?

Will be down the road at Fairmont Kea Lani this summer.. Too bad this hotel isn't open to try out.
No word on prices yet, but the latest estimate (as of last week) of the opening date is now July:
http://www.mauinews.com/page/content...ea.html?nav=10

And here is the breakdown of the room types from the video:

297 rooms total:
7 - Three- to Five-bedroom villas
2 - Premiere Suites (1,500 square feet)
33 - Andaz Suites with panoramic ocean views (850 square feet, 1 1/2 bath)
255 - Standard Rooms:
  • 167 Kings
  • 88 queen/queen
  • 65% (193) rooms have ocean view (although when running the numbers, I think they mean 65% of ALL rooms, including suites)

Based on that, my guess is Diamond upgrades would be to the Andaz Suite (hopefully they won't play any games and rebrand a standard room as a suite like some other Andaz's have tried!)

Here are more details on the various suite types:

33 Andaz Suite
  • 33 suites with panoramic ocean views
  • over 850 square feet
  • one and a half bath
  • rain shower with outdoor ocean view
  • large living room
  • two lanais

2 Premiere Suites
  • over 1500 square feet
  • ocean view with outdoor lanai
  • kitchenette and dining area
  • bath with ocean view
Old Mar 17, 2013, 3:13 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
They posted a new youtube video on facebook the other day with a lot more details about the property, rooms, etc. but still no opening date:

http://youtu.be/j3iFjXGnZRU

Andaz Suite looks pretty nice (53 seconds into the video) - I hope that's what Diamond update cert will upgrade into! That sounded like a pretty high percentage of rooms that will be suites too which hopefully will make using a Diamond upgrade not too hard.

Very fine concept and presentation.
Old Apr 1, 2013, 3:59 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Website now has a link for "Your Rooms & Rates". Link takes you to an empty page, so you cannot book rooms, but hopefully it will happen soon...
Old Apr 1, 2013, 6:57 pm
K79

Originally Posted by jlsf
Website now has a link for "Your Rooms & Rates". Link takes you to an empty page, so you cannot book rooms, but hopefully it will happen soon...
Very exciting news. I can't wait for the official openning day.
Old Apr 3, 2013, 4:51 am

The latest from their Facebook page -- looks like we're getting close:

Remember when we said, "Pools. Palms. Paradise" ? Well, its finally POSSIBLE. We will begin accepting reservations this week! We are so excited for you to be the first to know!
Old Apr 3, 2013, 6:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Now available for booking dates from September 15th and beyond!

However, when I made a reservation and then called to try and use a suite upgrade, they told me that the suite for the suite upgrade had not yet been decided, and that they wouldn't be able to do this until June.

It also seems that the maximum occupancy of a suite is 2, so a no go for family with kids...

The only code that seems to work is Costco, which gives 10% discount.
Old Apr 3, 2013, 12:14 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by hailstorm
Now available for booking dates from September 15th and beyond!

However, when I made a reservation and then called to try and use a suite upgrade, they told me that the suite for the suite upgrade had not yet been decided, and that they wouldn't be able to do this until June.

It also seems that the maximum occupancy of a suite is 2, so a no go for family with kids...

The only code that seems to work is Costco, which gives 10% discount.
Huh, that's strange about not being able to use a Diamond suite upgrade! I just booked a trip in December using 33K points per night to book a suite, and it booked into the Andaz Suite no problem at all. And I thought suite nights using points and Diamond suite upgrades always book into the same type of suite. So you may want to try again and see if a second person can figure out how to do it (and mention suites are bookable using points right now booking into the Andaz Suite).

On a side note, it looks like the base rate they are currently trying to get here is about $460 a night (AAA rate) for the base room during lower demand periods and about $900 a night for higher demand periods (like the time period I was looked at - hence my use of points!) Will be interesting to see how long rates stay that high since that makes it one of the most expensive Hyatts in the US.
Old Apr 3, 2013, 1:10 pm

Programs: Hyatt diamond
Huh, that's strange about not being able to use a Diamond suite upgrade! I just booked a trip in December using 33K points per night to book a suite, and it booked into the Andaz Suite no problem at all. And I thought suite nights using points and Diamond suite upgrades always book into the same type of suite. So you may want to try again and see if a second person can figure out how to do it (and mention suites are bookable using points right now booking into the Andaz Suite).

On a side note, it looks like the base rate they are currently trying to get here is about $460 a night (AAA rate) for the base room during lower demand periods and about $900 a night for higher demand periods (like the time period I was looked at - hence my use of points!) Will be interesting to see how long rates stay that high since that makes it one of the most expensive Hyatts in the US.
Did the booking into the Suite allow for more than 2 adults? Thanks
Old Apr 3, 2013, 1:16 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by suite2suite
Did the booking into the Suite allow for more than 2 adults? Thanks
I didn't ask since there is just two of us, but looking at their site, I'm guessing the answer is no. When you try to book a paid night there, the only rooms that show up if you enter more than 2 adults are the 2 Queen bed rooms - none of the king bed rooms nor the andaz suite show up.

That is a bit strange you couldn't have 2 adults and a child in a 850 square foot room!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.