Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Maui - coming in September 2013

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Maui - coming in September 2013

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2013, 12:36 pm

This place looks awesome. Adds another ideal place to use the 2 free nights from the credit card. I guess my biggest question would be how much it costs to upgrade from the standard points room "Andaz Garden King" to either the "Andaz Partial Ocn K" or "Andaz Ocean View K".

Has anyone tried calling to ask? For most dates the rates are $509, $584, and $659 respectively. I wouldn't imagine upgrades for Platinums and Diamonds would be very easy to get at this property.
Old Apr 6, 2013, 3:05 pm

Programs: AC*S100K 1MM, LH FTL, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat
Wow! I want to go there...

First time in Hawaii... Andaz... Use some points. Would be great!
Old Apr 7, 2013, 12:09 am

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Just wanted to report back on some info from a phone call tonight. Availability is already limited for points awards during the Xmas period. Also, since there is no Regency Club and the hotel is not opened yet, they have no idea what the procedure would be like for Diamond breakfasts. Likely to be a "happy hour" during the evenings since there is no Club too.
Old Apr 7, 2013, 12:23 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by sam_goh
Just wanted to report back on some info from a phone call tonight. Availability is already limited for points awards during the Xmas period. Also, since there is no Regency Club and the hotel is not opened yet, they have no idea what the procedure would be like for Diamond breakfasts. Likely to be a "happy hour" during the evenings since there is no Club too.
Like all other Andaz (none of which have a club lounge) Diamonds get full breakfast, just like any other Hyatt property with a club lounge.
Old Apr 8, 2013, 6:58 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Couldn't resist. Will be in Maui from Dec 20-25 5 nights in the HR, but switched the first 2 nights to the Andaz. Bringing parents and kids and I think the HR is more kid friendly if not we'd stay for longer.
Old Apr 8, 2013, 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by sam_goh
Couldn't resist. Will be in Maui from Dec 20-25 5 nights in the HR, but switched the first 2 nights to the Andaz. Bringing parents and kids and I think the HR is more kid friendly if not we'd stay for longer.
I've enjoyed a number of great stays at the HR Maui but, if I had a choice and was sure the Andaz would be open, I'd pick that is a heartbeat. The beach at the HR is getting more and more non-existent and the construction of the new wing there has to be an interruption. The physical plant of the HR is decidedly lacking already.
Old Apr 10, 2013, 1:59 am

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP
Originally Posted by speedytimmy
I've enjoyed a number of great stays at the HR Maui but, if I had a choice and was sure the Andaz would be open, I'd pick that is a heartbeat. The beach at the HR is getting more and more non-existent and the construction of the new wing there has to be an interruption. The physical plant of the HR is decidedly lacking already.
That, and the parking fee is ticks me off... and the resort fee (if not using points). But, the construction is what really kills it for me.

But will the McKenna cloud ruin afternoons down south?
Old Apr 11, 2013, 8:00 am

Angry

Originally Posted by oc2005
Huh, that's strange about not being able to use a Diamond suite upgrade! I just booked a trip in December using 33K points per night to book a suite, and it booked into the Andaz Suite no problem at all. And I thought suite nights using points and Diamond suite upgrades always book into the same type of suite. So you may want to try again and see if a second person can figure out how to do it (and mention suites are bookable using points right now booking into the Andaz Suite).

On a side note, it looks like the base rate they are currently trying to get here is about $460 a night (AAA rate) for the base room during lower demand periods and about $900 a night for higher demand periods (like the time period I was looked at - hence my use of points!) Will be interesting to see how long rates stay that high since that makes it one of the most expensive Hyatts in the US.
called gold passport support to book 4 nights suites in Dec. They said no suites available in Dec.
Old Apr 12, 2013, 6:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Any recent experience booking a suite utilizing Diamond Suite Upgrades or points to upgrade to a suite? Perhaps suite upgrades are still blacked out?

I obtained a OV suite at the Kea Lani for below 5 bills, and includes breakfast. Chance for an upgrade to DOV with FHR. So just comparing the 2 hotels, but would love to book into a suite at the Andaz just to try it out. Our trip to Maui is mid August 2013. So roll of the dice if Andaz is even open for business.
Old Apr 13, 2013, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by hhhhkk
called gold passport support to book 4 nights suites in Dec. They said no suites available in Dec.
When in Dec? There's a BIG difference between Dec 1-20 and Dec 24-31. Blocking out all of December seems short sighted as its a period of (relatively) low demand.
Old Apr 14, 2013, 7:34 am

Originally Posted by tjbrooks
When in Dec? There's a BIG difference between Dec 1-20 and Dec 24-31. Blocking out all of December seems short sighted as its a period of (relatively) low demand.
Dec1 - Dec5. But I asked her to check the whole month. They may not be ready for booking suites
Old Apr 14, 2013, 7:51 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by hailstorm
Diamond upgrades let you take any paid room reservation at any rate for up to one week and upgrade it to a suite. Some hotels do not participate, but apparently this one eventually will.
Good news.. Hopefully you're right. Where did you hear that this hotel eventually will participate?

Reading the posts, have anyone been successful at booking suites with upgrades yet.. any month for that matter. There is limited availability on points in December, fine.. but have anyone been successful in applying/using a suite upgrade using a Diamond suite upgrade certificate and/or points?
Old Apr 14, 2013, 10:15 am

They've been saying won't be doing confirmed Diamond upgrades until the hotel actually opens. (source: blogs, probably Hack My Trip and Mommy Points). I have heard of people booking suites with points (33k/nt, 3nt minimum).
Old Apr 14, 2013, 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by tjbrooks
They've been saying won't be doing confirmed Diamond upgrades until the hotel actually opens. (source: blogs, probably Hack My Trip and Mommy Points). I have heard of people booking suites with points (33k/nt, 3nt minimum).
where do you think the bloggers are getting their info from?

Do you need a hint? It's probably this thread.

-David
Old Apr 14, 2013, 9:56 pm

Originally Posted by LIH Prem
where do you think the bloggers are getting their info from?

Do you need a hint? It's probably this thread.
Nope, actually Mommy Points contacted the hotel directly and a commenter on Hack My Trip relayed their first hand experience.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.