Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Maui - coming in September 2013

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Maui - coming in September 2013

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2013, 5:18 pm

Programs: United, SPG, Hyatt
Got a call from a director at the Andaz today. I have a room booked from 8/11 - 8/13, so I am affected by the delay of the opening to August 15. They offered to move me for free to the Hotel Wailea and give me a full refund on points (44k), or cancel my reservation and refund me 2x points (88k). I think those are generous offers, although I'm bummed to not stay at the Andaz. Not sure I'm interested in the Hotel Wailea, so I'm leaning toward getting a refund and booking somewhere else.
Old Jul 1, 2013, 5:26 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by julp
Got a call from a director at the Andaz today. I have a room booked from 8/11 - 8/13, so I am affected by the delay of the opening to August 15. They offered to move me for free to the Hotel Wailea and give me a full refund on points (44k), or cancel my reservation and refund me 2x points (88k). I think those are generous offers, although I'm bummed to not stay at the Andaz. Not sure I'm interested in the Hotel Wailea, so I'm leaning toward getting a refund and booking somewhere else.
I would take the first one. Seems fair, but the 2nd option is good too..
Old Jul 1, 2013, 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by LASUA1K
I would take the first one. Seems fair, but the 2nd option is good too..
Has anyone stayed at the Hotel Wailea? It's rated 3.5 stars, lower than the other major hotels in the area. It doesn't have beach access either.
Old Jul 2, 2013, 6:53 am

Originally Posted by felicity5
Can you please tell me what site you went to to get that great rate for a full size car from Dollar?

Thanks
If you have access to Chase Ultimate Rewards book a car through there. You can use either points or cash. Their rates are so much lower than anywhere I have found! I just booked a full size in Maui for 9 days for $271 all taxes included.
Old Jul 2, 2013, 7:24 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Looking at some dates in August, I'm seeing best available/flexible rates at the Hotel Wailea as low as $239. I wonder if whatever deal Hyatt and GP worked out with the property means they will be paying them less than they would be reimbursing the HR if they moved guests over there.
Old Jul 2, 2013, 8:22 am

Originally Posted by dw
Looking at some dates in August, I'm seeing best available/flexible rates at the Hotel Wailea as low as $239. I wonder if whatever deal Hyatt and GP worked out with the property means they will be paying them less than they would be reimbursing the HR if they moved guests over there.
They are probably assuming their guests prefer the Wailea area as opposed to West Maui.
Old Jul 2, 2013, 8:36 am
Formerly known as iahsumr

Bummer the opening is pushed back and hope the 8/15 date sticks, but glad to hear they are being very fair to those impacted. I have also heard several reports of folks being put up at the HR Maui, so I suspect that is an option in addition to the Hotel Wailea (assuming there is availability).
Old Jul 2, 2013, 2:37 pm

Programs: WN A+ & CP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Diamond, *wood Plat, National EE
My stay is slated for only 10 days out of the new opening. I am getting nervous. We just booked flights this week. If we could not get walked to an acceptable hotel (HR Maui and the one suggested are not). I would have them walk me to GH Kauai. All this assumes that I can change my flights.
Old Jul 2, 2013, 2:55 pm

Programs: Hyatt&Hilton&BW Diamond,GHA Black,Marriott Plat,SPG Gold,AB Platinum,TK Elite,AZ Alata Plus,EY Gold
I was also really looking forward to this new promising resort, but there is hope left if they don't push it further back.

The good thing is at least they are working quite hard to make the best of this bad situation.
Old Jul 2, 2013, 3:09 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold,IHG Plat Amb, CC Gold, Kimpton IC, United, AA, BA, Amtrak G.R.
Originally Posted by bouncingbug
They should at least offer moving you to the HR and if not offered already, ask for compensation! While there's still a month before your trip, hotel prices have probably gone up since you first booked.

I was offered either my points back plus equal number of free nights at Hotel Wailea or I could also get DOUBLE my points back if I just cancelled. HR Maui is full on the nights anyways (I checked myself) so that is not an option.

I have been doing research on Hotel Wailea- here is a link with alot of photos. http://www.oyster.com/hawaii/hotels/hotel-wailea/

I will decide in the next few days about what offer to take. The Hyatt rep has been very apologetic and it seems like the offers are fair and the best they can do in such a bad situation.

I'm determined not to sulk about it
Old Jul 2, 2013, 6:09 pm

Programs: SPG, Hyatt, CC, AA, UA, WN
Very generous of the property and Hyatt with their compensation offers, I can see why Hyatt elites are so consistently happy with Hyatt. Unlike some properties such as the Sheraton Pasadena...
Old Jul 2, 2013, 11:07 pm

FWIW, I asked them to keep their points and put me up in the Four Seasons instead. They declined. Worth a shot
Old Jul 3, 2013, 3:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
I knew I should have made a speculative booking!
Old Jul 3, 2013, 8:33 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

That 20-day cancellation could have made you pay the price :-). At least the kept it before that window....
Old Jul 3, 2013, 8:55 am

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
Originally Posted by JetAway
They are probably assuming their guests prefer the Wailea area as opposed to West Maui.
and with the amout of construction going on in West, I would rather stay in Wailea, too. I drove by there two weeks ago and was very glad I wasn't staying at that Hyatt

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.