Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Maui - coming in September 2013

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Maui - coming in September 2013

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2013, 10:33 am
Suspended

Someone asked this same question on the Andaz Maui Facebook page about Diamond suite upgrades and here was their official response:

If you use one of your four confirmed suite upgrades, we will be able to offer an Andaz Suite. However, we are unable to confirm the upgrade until we open. We certainly appreciate your patience as we prepare for opening. We hope to welcome you as a guest very soon!

So there doesn't seem to be any doubt about which room type suite upgrades will book into; they're just not allowing Diamond suite upgrades yet until they open (but you seem to be able to book suites for cash or for 33K points now).
Old Apr 4, 2013, 11:32 am
Community Director Emerita

Do all Andaz Suites have ocean views?
Old Apr 4, 2013, 12:48 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Do all Andaz Suites have ocean views?
They make it sound that way from the video they released:

33 Andaz Suites with panoramic ocean views
over 850 square feet
one and a half bath
rain shower with outdoor ocean view
large living room
two lanais
Old Apr 4, 2013, 2:34 pm

Any good offers for Hyatt cards going on now? Have CSP and using points to get me to Maui next year (March). Wouldn't mind half a week here. I'm seeing 22k for a room, is 33k a suite for anyone or do you need status to even get the offer?

On another note... is Hyatt doing any type of diamond trial where I might be able to get a regular room and get the suite through a trial? ( I remotely remember hearing about this elsewhere)
Old Apr 4, 2013, 4:04 pm

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
Originally Posted by MSUspartans
Any good offers for Hyatt cards going on now? Have CSP and using points to get me to Maui next year (March). Wouldn't mind half a week here. I'm seeing 22k for a room, is 33k a suite for anyone or do you need status to even get the offer?

On another note... is Hyatt doing any type of diamond trial where I might be able to get a regular room and get the suite through a trial? ( I remotely remember hearing about this elsewhere)
33k/night for a suite is for everyone, but it requires a 3-night minimum. You could do a diamond trial, but in all likelihood you wouldn't get a suite with diamond status as a regular upgrade (this is not a benefit of the Hyatt program). You would get suite upgrades with a diamond trial, but those are only good for paid stays, so if you're goal is to use points and you want a suite, the 33k/night is your best bet.
Old Apr 4, 2013, 5:29 pm

My goal would be to get a suite the cheapest possible. I'm not sure 33k is worth it though. Thats like 2 RT business class intl. Although it's coming out to $9233 for a week. haha.

Whats the deal with the diamond upgrades? If you bought a week in a reg room, you could get a suite for the week? Or only a couple days?
Old Apr 4, 2013, 5:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Whats the deal with the diamond upgrades? If you bought a week in a reg room, you could get a suite for the week? Or only a couple days?
Diamond upgrades let you take any paid room reservation at any rate for up to one week and upgrade it to a suite. Some hotels do not participate, but apparently this one eventually will.
Old Apr 5, 2013, 1:54 am

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Wow this is really tempting. I am currently booked @ the HR for Xmas. Would switch over to the Andaz but hate to switch, hotel not open in time, and not have any reservations left.

Any guesses if the hotel will be open by Dec? And omg, $999 a night and $1649 a night for suites. As another poster indicated, can't price kids in with a room either.
Old Apr 5, 2013, 2:07 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Have you read post #72?
Old Apr 5, 2013, 7:19 am

Programs: Delta,SPG, Hyatt
Just booked 1 night for Sept to check it out on the last night in town...thanks for the update regarding reservations.

-singtx
Old Apr 5, 2013, 8:02 am

That's a pretty good deal. Does the diamond there get you any breakfast setup?
Old Apr 5, 2013, 8:28 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Diamonds always get breakfast with Hyatt, in the club lounge if the property has one that is open otherwise a restaurant breakfast. This is for all stays.
Old Apr 5, 2013, 8:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Perhaps a trip to the Newbie Lounge is in order?
Old Apr 5, 2013, 8:43 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by hailstorm
Perhaps a trip to the Newbie Lounge is in order?
Or please take a look at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...ease-read.html which should answer many of your questions.

Welcome to the forum MSUspartans.
Old Apr 5, 2013, 10:43 am

Thanks. Will do

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.