Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton: Up to 50% Off Between December 14, 2012 to January 7, 2013

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton: Up to 50% Off Between December 14, 2012 to January 7, 2013

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2012, 11:44 am

I just read the HHonors T&Cs under Accrual of Points, Paragraph 3 which states that we would NOT earn points for these reservation. Clearly, that is incorrect since the promotion clearly says we will earn points.

This continues to be as clear as mud!

Does anyone have a stay that should post shortly? I need to cancel some reservations tomorrow one way or the other.

Thanks!
Old Dec 13, 2012, 11:48 am

Programs: MileagePlus 1K, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by brooklyngal
I just read the HHonors T&Cs under Accrual of Points, Paragraph 3 which states that we would NOT earn points for these reservation. Clearly, that is incorrect since the promotion clearly says we will earn points.

Does anyone have a stay that should post shortly? I need to cancel some reservations tomorrow one way or the other.

Thanks!
I disagree. While Paragraph 3 does state that no points will be earned for Hilton Family rates, the Thank You promo T&Cs do state that points will be earned. I believe that language was placed in there to add this additional clarification. Since I need one stay to qualify for diamond, I am not going to chance this and will cancel the reservation that I made since I am not interested in points.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 11:50 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
This thread really does illustrate why HHonors should ask a group of FTers to do their beta testing of promos. I imagine that HHonors execs would be shocked to realize just how much is left to the imagination/interpretation in this (or most) promos they write and how much casuistry is possible!
Old Dec 13, 2012, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat

Have another look at those promo T&Cs: the promo starts 12/14.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 12:02 pm

Good point!! Thanks!
Old Dec 13, 2012, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!

Thanks!
I drew the short straw on that one , I've got a stay Friday (tomorrow) night. Hopefully whatever happens after I check out Saturday morning happens fast. I'm set to points and fixed miles.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 12:30 pm

Thanks!

Check out post #85 in this thread.

Bobette
Old Dec 13, 2012, 12:37 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by TheBOSman
I drew the short straw on that one , I've got a stay Friday (tomorrow) night. Hopefully whatever happens after I check out Saturday morning happens fast. I'm set to points and fixed miles.
It usually takes a day or 2 after you checkout to hit the acct. I figure Mon probably will be the posting day
Old Dec 13, 2012, 12:43 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond
I have a stay tomorrow night as well using the "Thank You Rate". Lately my stay info has been posting a little differently than previously; on the second day the stay posts but it isn't until the next day or two after that the breakdown of the points, bonuses, double dip miles, etc shows up. So So I'm expecting it to be Monday at the earliest, more likely Tuesday, before I can see what exactly was credited to my account. I'll report back as well.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 12:44 pm

Programs: UA 1k, Marriott Plat, HH gold, Avis/Hertz Pres
ok so paragraph 3 is completely opposite of what was is in the T+C?
so confused
Old Dec 13, 2012, 1:13 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by dcsnowwake
ok so paragraph 3 is completely opposite of what was is in the T+C?
so confused
Paragraph 3 refers to two particular rates which are not the Thank you rate. The Thank You rate has an exception for points earning at the very least. It is also assumed that stays booked through hilton.com earn stay credit. The only thing that hasn't earned stay credit are the free nights earned from one of the promos a few months back.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 1:30 pm

Some Clarification (but not much)

More information in post #183

Hey all!

My boyfriend has posted here a couple of times. Because of the confusion around the term "Friends and Family Rate," he wanted me to clarify a few things as I am an employee of a hotel.

I, along with my two sales managers, have been trying to get more clarification regarding the stay/night credit, but we have also received mixed answers. We believe the rate earns points and probably stay/night credit for the following reasons:

1. This is a promotional rate. Most promotional rates earn points and stay/night credit unless specifically excluded from the terms of the promotion. This rate confirms points, but does not confirm or exclude stay/night credit.

2. This is NOT the "real" friends and family rate used by friends and families of employees. For us to reserve a room under the employee rate or friends and family rate, we must use a specific portal and obtain a document from our GM/AGM/HR to present at check-in at the hotel.

3. The F&F rate and employee rate booked through the employee portal do not earn points or stay/night credit per the T&C of the HHonors program - paragraph 3. In my opinion, the wording in this paragraph regarding F&F rate is referring to the "real" F&F rate and is not referring to this promotional rate.

4. The promotional rate is titled "Thank You Rate." I believe this is a rate Hilton is using to say thank you for being our friend and part of our family. Please share this rate with your friends and family this holiday season. The wording besides the picture indicates this is a F&F sale and the wording all the way at the bottom refers to this sale as the Thank You Rate (not F&F rate).

At the moment, I do not know if stay/night credit will be earned, but because this is not a true "F&F rate" for the above reasons, I am assuming (but not certain) stay/night credit will be given. I hope this clarified some issues surrounding the term Friends and Family used in conjunction with this promotion. Overall, this promotional rate is great to use this holiday season and is completely separate from the "real" F&F rate.

As a side note, I did compare rates between our F&F rate and this promotional rate for some hotels in the Atlanta area. Rates and availability of the rates are different. Sometimes the F&F rate is lower for one property, while at another property, this promotional rate is lower. Some properties have availability for one rate and not the other rate too as each rate is "subject to availability."

Last edited by hotelbusiness; Dec 13, 2012 at 2:29 pm
Old Dec 13, 2012, 1:35 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by hotelbusiness
Hey all!

My boyfriend has posted here a couple of times. Because of the confusion around the term "Friends and Family Rate," he wanted me to clarify a few things as I am an employee of a hotel.

I, along with my two sales managers, have been trying to get more clarification regarding the stay/night credit, but we have also received mixed answers. We believe the rate earns points and probably stay/night credit for the following reasons:

1. This is a promotional rate. Most promotional rates earn points and stay/night credit unless specifically excluded from the terms of the promotion. This rate confirms points, but does not confirm or exclude stay/night credit.

2. This is NOT the "real" friends and family rate used by friends and families of employees. For us to reserve a room under the employee rate or friends and family rate, we must use a specific portal and obtain a document from our GM/AGM/HR to present at check-in at the hotel.

3. The F&F rate and employee rate booked through the employee portal do not earn points or stay/night credit per the T&C of the HHonors program - paragraph 3. In my opinion, the wording in this paragraph regarding F&F rate is referring to the "real" F&F rate and is not referring to this promotional rate.

4. The promotional rate is titled "Thank You Rate." I believe this is a rate Hilton is using to say thank you for being our friend and part of our family. Please share this rate with your friends and family this holiday season. The wording besides the picture indicates this is a F&F sale and the wording all the way at the bottom refers to this sale as the Thank You Rate (not F&F rate).

I do not know if stay/night credit will be earned, but because this is not a true "F&F rate" for the above reasons, I am assuming (but not certain) stay/night credit will be given. I hope this clarified some issues surrounding the term Friends and Family used in conjunction with this promotion. Overall, this promotional rate is great to use this holiday season and is completely separate from the "real" F&F rate.

As a side note, I did compare rates between our F&F rate and this promotional rate for some hotels in the Atlanta area. Rates and availability of the rates are different. Sometimes the F&F rate is lower for one property, while at another property, this promotional rate is lower. Some properties have availability for one rate and not the other rate too as each rate is "subject to availability."
Which pretty much jives with my early suspicions, way back in post #55 (let's hope it proves true!! )
Old Dec 13, 2012, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by hotelbusiness

I don't think this is a true promotional rate, as if this is a promotional rate, then you don't need to click a link to direct to a different booking page, it would have already listed under best available rate, adv. rate when you do a search for the price of a property. At best it would say you need to enter a different rate code in order to trigger the discount.

Besides, the link to this so called "promotional rate" also not listed in hilton.com, and not advertised anywhere, and we did not receive email thru Hilton or any other sources.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 1:56 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Ontario Airport Doubletree is $49 this Saturday. The others around the airport (Hilton and Embassy Suites) are $54.

EDIT: The DT Orange County aiport is $44

Last edited by skunker; Dec 13, 2012 at 2:11 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.