Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Official Honors FlyerTalk Ambassador

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Official Honors FlyerTalk Ambassador

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2014, 12:34 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by smmrfld
This seems to be the case with virtually every issue/question/concern brought up in this forum.

Yes it does. Hopefully "The Team" rally does take action other than keep monitoring Ft and let us know.

Nothing against the Hilton Reps, I appreciate them being here. I know they can't make decisions. Actually I'm not sure if anyone can at Hilton?
Old Sep 19, 2014, 12:56 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, DL PM, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by elkhornne
Yes it does. Hopefully "The Team" rally does take action other than keep monitoring Ft and let us know.

Nothing against the Hilton Reps, I appreciate them being here. I know they can't make decisions. Actually I'm not sure if anyone can at Hilton?
I appreciate them being here too, and we have no idea what goes on behind the scenes in regards to our feedback. The reps wouldn't be here if Hilton didn't want to at least hear our opinons and improve things.
Old Sep 19, 2014, 2:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Anybody who has ever worked in a corporate environment knows how cumbersome it is to greenlight any policy change (especially one which will have an impact on one or more department's internal billing). The department recommending the change needs to first present a solid business case for it. This is usually followed by numerous meetings, with the Power Point or Visio getting tweaked over and over again as it slowly works its way up the food chain.

If it's timed right, a final, approved version may actually sneak in right before the closure of the next fiscal year's forecast, or before the revised procedures manual goes to print. Otherwise, it collects dust for another year.

Hilton has only had a representative on this board for 3 1/2 months. Hopefully the data which Anthony and Erin need to best represent our constructive feedback is being gathered and quantified, and will eventually result in positive changes to the HHonors program.
Old Sep 19, 2014, 4:16 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by SS255
. . .

Hilton has only had a representative on this board for 3 1/2 months. Hopefully the data which Anthony and Erin need to best represent our constructive feedback is being gathered and quantified, and will eventually result in positive changes to the HHonors program.
Exactly and well said. 3 1/2 months for a corporation the size of Hilton is glacial as far as getting policies changed. Let's revisit these issues in a year and if no progress then we really have a beef.
Old Sep 19, 2014, 6:55 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Delta MM; HH Diamond, Starwood Platinum, ICH Platinum Ambassador, Hertz Gold
This seems to be the case with virtually every issue/question/concern brought up in this forum.
^
Old Sep 20, 2014, 6:48 am

Programs: UNited, Hilton, Marriott and Hyatt
Hilton Diamond Desk is impotent and not a benefit. Why my loyalty is changing.

Once again as a Hilton Diamond member ive been disappointed by the pure lack of assistance by Hilton HHonors and the HHonors Diamond desk. (My guess its the same reps but different phone numbers now since the responses are no different). It used be before that "hedge fund" bought/invested in Hilton that if you had a problem they would gladly get on the phone with the hotel to resolve. Matter of fact they generally would say, we are sorry for the hotels response we can do this for you. Now the response is "we cant do anything but we can give you the hotel phone number" . Dah, I have the number and the hotel is sticking it to me for a flight issue I had and notified them asap to make a change. I would not be calling you if the hotel went out of there way to attempt to make it right.

Ive had three issues with Hilton this year (which is a record) but Ill list the two that made me upset and the results are now actually inferior to Marriott (That's really sad as a Platnium but expectation have been low for a decade with Marriott) and Hyatt which has been clearly been amazing and the leader for satisfaction results for me since they get on the phone with you and solve the problem. Ive went for over three years with no issues with Hilton. Now had to deal with two Hilton brand issues this year . Yes one Bed bug event at the Columbia, SC Embassy Suites http://embassysuites3.hilton.com/en/...fers/index.htm which was a ....... to deal with at home but plan on mailing some back with my bloody shirts/sheets and now I missed the reservation at the Miami Airport http://embassysuites3.hilton.com/en/...PES/index.html

My experiences at HHonors has been less rewarding and appreciative. Not to mention the devaluation of the points. My take on the help HHonors Diamond desk has been, so what you Diamond traveler, you deal with it yourself and we don't care since I know you cant understand my English since we gladly outsourced everything and we now sound like robots when you call..

My take is loyalty is for fools lately and perhaps ill just pay for that internet and silly buffet breakfast and save some good dough.
Joe
Old Sep 21, 2014, 9:05 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
Hi Anthony, Erin,

I was wondering if Hilton is or would consider hosting a 'DO' in the coming year?

This would be a great way to invite different customer sectors to one place and discuss any issues or upcoming changes to the Hilton Honors program...

Obviously, being based in the UK, I personally would suggest and welcome a London event for the Europeans in the program and maybe suggest a Chicago? location for a US event...

It seems other programs have done this in the past (Hyatt, SPG) at various worldwide locations with invited guests from various demographics to share and get feedback that benefit both sides.

Food for thought? @:-)
Old Sep 21, 2014, 9:23 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by BotB
Hi Anthony, Erin,

I was wondering if Hilton is or would consider hosting a 'DO' in the coming year?

This would be a great way to invite different customer sectors to one place and discuss any issues or upcoming changes to the Hilton Honors program...

Obviously, being based in the UK, I personally would suggest and welcome a London event for the Europeans in the program and maybe suggest a Chicago? location for a US event...

It seems other programs have done this in the past (Hyatt, SPG) at various worldwide locations with invited guests from various demographics to share and get feedback that benefit both sides.

^^^
Old Sep 21, 2014, 9:39 am

Programs: AA EXP and 1MM, UA 1K, HH Lifetime Diamond
sanguru1969 - sorry to hear of your troubles. I have been vocal about my dissatisfaction of the HH Brand and value of being a Diamond. Over my 18 years as a Diamond I have seen a steady erosion of the benefits and service provided.

That said, I do need to give a shout out to the Diamond Desk for helping me resolve an issue that was completely my fault. Since the hotel involved was in Munich and I was in US I asked them to handle the contact asking for help. They made the contact and the hotel agreed to help me out and saving me about $600. I am grateful to both he Diamond Desk and the Hilton Munich park.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by sanguru1969
Once again as a Hilton Diamond member ive been disappointed by the pure lack of assistance by Hilton HHonors and the HHonors Diamond desk. (My guess its the same reps but different phone numbers now since the responses are no different). It used be before that "hedge fund" bought/invested in Hilton that if you had a problem they would gladly get on the phone with the hotel to resolve. Matter of fact they generally would say, we are sorry for the hotels response we can do this for you. Now the response is "we cant do anything but we can give you the hotel phone number" . Dah, I have the number and the hotel is sticking it to me for a flight issue I had and notified them asap to make a change. I would not be calling you if the hotel went out of there way to attempt to make it right.

Ive had three issues with Hilton this year (which is a record) but Ill list the two that made me upset and the results are now actually inferior to Marriott (That's really sad as a Platnium but expectation have been low for a decade with Marriott) and Hyatt which has been clearly been amazing and the leader for satisfaction results for me since they get on the phone with you and solve the problem. Ive went for over three years with no issues with Hilton. Now had to deal with two Hilton brand issues this year . Yes one Bed bug event at the Columbia, SC Embassy Suites http://embassysuites3.hilton.com/en/...fers/index.htm which was a ....... to deal with at home but plan on mailing some back with my bloody shirts/sheets and now I missed the reservation at the Miami Airport http://embassysuites3.hilton.com/en/...PES/index.html

My experiences at HHonors has been less rewarding and appreciative. Not to mention the devaluation of the points. My take on the help HHonors Diamond desk has been, so what you Diamond traveler, you deal with it yourself and we don't care since I know you cant understand my English since we gladly outsourced everything and we now sound like robots when you call..

My take is loyalty is for fools lately and perhaps ill just pay for that internet and silly buffet breakfast and save some good dough.
Joe
I have seen the DD lose power over the years (not sure of this was a HH policy change or just lazy agents getting worse). It used to be that DD agents could fix things on the phone, now I treat them like my company's IT department, avoid calling at all costs as it brings more headache.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by mnredfox
I have seen the DD lose power over the years (not sure of this was a HH policy change or just lazy agents getting worse). It used to be that DD agents could fix things on the phone, now I treat them like my company's IT department, avoid calling at all costs as it brings more headache.
+1. It's gotten to the point where I will avoid calling to get smaller amounts of missing points credited properly; heresy, I know. The DD seems to increasingly take a "it's the guest's fault" attitude and begrudgingly "open up a case"...which, as many of us know, will usually send the issue to the graveyard. Nice way to treat your "valuable" guests.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 7:49 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by patvan
That's what they told me, indeed no water, but a continental breakfast though at the coffee shop, not at the buffet! They don't want our business.
I stayed at the SLS and they did provide 2 bottles of water, which were delivered to the room shortly after check-in.

But like most HHonors properties, they only offer a basic breakfast for their guests at their coffee shop, Perq. The buffet at SLS is a bit more upscale than your typical buffet, so as much as I'd want to be comp'd to it as an HHonors Diamond, it's consistent with overall HHonors breakfast benefits to simply provide a continental option.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 6:33 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Weatherboy
I stayed at the SLS and they did provide 2 bottles of water, which were delivered to the room shortly after check-in.

But like most HHonors properties, they only offer a basic breakfast for their guests at their coffee shop, Perq. The buffet at SLS is a bit more upscale than your typical buffet, so as much as I'd want to be comp'd to it as an HHonors Diamond, it's consistent with overall HHonors breakfast benefits to simply provide a continental option.
Thanks for letting us know about their standard treatment for Diamonds.

We'll still book our February trip with another property. ^
Old Sep 23, 2014, 9:33 am
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by BotB
Hi Anthony, Erin,

Hi BotB,

This is a fantastic idea. I am going to check on the opportunities we offer and will let you know what I find. ^

Originally Posted by wizla
^^^
+1

Cheers,
Erin
Old Sep 23, 2014, 9:48 am
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by sanguru1969

Joe
Hi Joe,

I am going to be discussing this feedback during my regularly scheduled call next week. I want to thank you for sharing these experiences, and I understand your frustrations.

Please feel free to PM me with more information about specific Diamond Desk cases, and I will try to assist!

Originally Posted by DevilDawg1960
sanguru1969 - sorry to hear of your troubles. I have been vocal about my dissatisfaction of the HH Brand and value of being a Diamond. Over my 18 years as a Diamond I have seen a steady erosion of the benefits and service provided.

That said, I do need to give a shout out to the Diamond Desk for helping me resolve an issue that was completely my fault. Since the hotel involved was in Munich and I was in US I asked them to handle the contact asking for help. They made the contact and the hotel agreed to help me out and saving me about $600. I am grateful to both he Diamond Desk and the Hilton Munich park.
Hi DevilDawg1960,

I am going to share your observations as a long-time Diamond member with my team next week. We want to know these specifics and your suggestions are helping to improve the program.

I'm happy to hear you had a positive experience with the Diamond Desk recently - thank you for sharing.

Originally Posted by mnredfox
+1. It's gotten to the point where I will avoid calling to get smaller amounts of missing points credited properly; heresy, I know. The DD seems to increasingly take a "it's the guest's fault" attitude and begrudgingly "open up a case"...which, as many of us know, will usually send the issue to the graveyard. Nice way to treat your "valuable" guests.
Hi mnredfox and smmrfld,

This is definitely going to be shared next week. I will post any updates that come my way within this thread as soon as they are available!

Thanks,
Erin

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.