Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Discount Codes for Hilton?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Discount Codes for Hilton?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2008, 5:17 am

The Volvo rate looks nice in PEK. Is there someone else who has some corporate rate in PEK?
And some good corporate rate for Hilton KL and Hilton BKK?
Old Apr 19, 2008, 2:27 am

Programs: LH, HH, PC
Obviously the corporate code Hilton uses is the same number as the DUNS number of Dun & Bradstreet.

There might be better search engines for looking up the DUNS, but this one works: In the list of Premium content results choose the first document, published by D&B and the DUNS will display at the end of the URL.
Old May 9, 2008, 3:40 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by hann
Obviously the corporate code Hilton uses is the same number as the DUNS number of Dun & Bradstreet.

There might be better search engines for looking up the DUNS, but this one works: In the list of Premium content results choose the first document, published by D&B and the DUNS will display at the end of the URL.

Can you clarify as when i tried it with Volvo and Sixt as quoted above it doesn't give any number that matches the Hilton Discount Code
Old May 9, 2008, 8:45 am

Programs: LH, HH, PC
It doesn't work with Sixt, probably because it's a discount code for their costumers rather than one for corporate travel.

But Volvo works:

Search for Volvo. You'll get 8 results for "Company Profiles & Financials". Choose the report published bei D&B and you will see the code at the end of the URL.
Old May 9, 2008, 10:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
FYI - sometimes the corp codes are dif for domestic & international, so the D&B method won't necessarily bring up one that matches them all. And of course Hilton being Hilton, the codes for the same company will also be different based on whether it's Hilton/HGI/Conrad vs DT/ES/HI.

Cheers.
Old May 15, 2008, 10:28 pm

Programs: UAL 1M/1K/*G, OnePass, Hhonners Diamond, National Executive, Hertz President's Circle
So far what I have seen is that you get the best discount at Hilton using AAA number. In most cases about 20-25% of the regular rate.
Old May 16, 2008, 12:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by choefman
So far what I have seen is that you get the best discount at Hilton using AAA number. In most cases about 20-25% of the regular rate.
Could you cite some specific examples of where you got 20-25% off the regular rate?

AAA is usually closer to 10% off, IME.
Old May 17, 2008, 12:01 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AA LT Plat, DL Silver
IBM discount

Has anybody used the IBM discount code and then questioned about it at check it? I put the code in and it changed rate from $251 to $96. Thanks for info
Old May 17, 2008, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by PhxFlyGuy
Has anybody used the IBM discount code and then questioned about it at check it? I put the code in and it changed rate from $251 to $96. Thanks for info
Remember that your employer is one of the fields on your personal profile that is available to the hotel when you check-in; and, if you do not work for IBM ????
Old May 17, 2008, 5:09 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
yes-at 2 different properies

Originally Posted by Bondiboy
Remember that your employer is one of the fields on your personal profile that is available to the hotel when you check-in; and, if you do not work for IBM ????
good point
Old May 17, 2008, 5:56 pm

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Of course quite often companies w/ corp rates ask their vendors/consultants, etc, to use the corp rate to save on expenses, so the company in the personal profile (if someone actually filled it out) doesn't necessarily need to match. I'm self-employed & often am told to use xxx company's rate when doing work w/ them. Probably for 2 reasons: saves them $$ & helps them meet their # of booked rooms obligation to Hilton in exchange for the corp rate. So my company name won't match the client's.

The rule of thumb is if you're going to use a code you're not entitled to, there is a risk if you can't show id that you'll get hit w/ the rack rate. So up to someone's personal comfort level on taking the (usually slim) chance they'll get asked. Or have a back-up reservation somewhere else if you do get asked & it jumps to rack. The other rule of thumb is usually gov't rate will get asked for id.

OVMV. Cheers.

PS - I agree w/ KathyWdrf - I usually see AAA at 10% discount.
Old May 17, 2008, 6:15 pm
Original Member

Location: The shape-shifting urban sprawl that is El Lay. FT member #71.
Programs: UA Gold & MM; DL & AA credit card dirt status; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Fool's Gold
I've not had any issues with the IBM code. My profile does not show an employer, BTW.

Used it last month in Arizona at a HGI. $90 versus $140 - AARP.
Old May 17, 2008, 9:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
On the issue of posting codes that the general public may not be entitled to:

Maybe this has already been mentioned on this thread (I haven't read the whole thing), but be aware that some companies (Marriott, for example) have apparently gotten bent out of shape over such posting on FT. There used to be a "discount code" thread on the Marriott forum that included all kinds of codes, including corporate ones, that were not for general consumption. At some point that thread was suddenly "disappeared" by a moderator, to be replaced by a new thread with ONLY publicly-usable codes.
Old May 17, 2008, 9:56 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by goalie
yes-at 2 different properies
And what was the outcome?
Old May 18, 2008, 6:58 am

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by KathyWdrf
On the issue of posting codes that the general public may not be entitled to:

Maybe this has already been mentioned on this thread (I haven't read the whole thing), but be aware that some companies (Marriott, for example) have apparently gotten bent out of shape over such posting on FT. There used to be a "discount code" thread on the Marriott forum that included all kinds of codes, including corporate ones, that were not for general consumption. At some point that thread was suddenly "disappeared" by a moderator, to be replaced by a new thread with ONLY publicly-usable codes.
but rumor has it that its alive and well

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.