Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Hawaiian Airlines A330" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 3, 2023, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
HA's official web page on the lie flats

24 aircraft converted: N360HA, N361HA, N370HA, N373HA, N374HA, N375HA, N378HA, N379HA, N380HA, N381HA, N382HA, N383HA, N384HA, N385HA, N386HA, N388HA, N389HA, N390HA, N391HA, N392HA, N393HA, N395HA, N396HA, N399HA
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "Hawaiian Airlines A330" thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2016, 12:23 am

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by FBWFTW
It'll be a crapshoot for now to be honest. The plane hasn't been to SFO at all-only SEA, LAS, LAX and HNL/OGG. 99% of the time it's on LAX-OGG HA33/34. It's on it's way to Seattle right now as HA22.

Does your seatmap show a row and a half of extra comfort behind the 3 rows (18 seats) of F? If it does, you'll have the new config.

It is doubtful, but you've got a 1/23 chance for you since only N385HA has the new seats right now and they've been running LAX-OGG almost all the time doing testing/working out kinks.

Couple of things for you to keep a look out for before your flight:

-IF another plane gets the seats before your flight, it's almost guaranteed to be posted here.

-Use FlightAware on a web browser to look up the tail #
N385HA and see where the plane has flown to (will show a history back ~one month)
Here's a link: http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N385HA/history/80

-Use FlightRadar24 (app or browser)
again to look up the tail #N385HA to see where 'Manaiakalani' is on the day of your flight.

Good luck!
Thanks for the helpful information! After looking at our seat chart, it does not look like we will be in lie-flats for our flight
Old Aug 24, 2016, 8:44 am

Programs: TrueBlue/Hawaiian Miles
Originally Posted by 747FC
Thanks for the helpful information! After looking at our seat chart, it does not look like we will be in lie-flats for our flight
You're quite welcome, I enjoy sharing my avgeek tools with folks around here who may not know about them!
Are you going SFO-OGG as well?

Again-depending on your departure city/day-there's a CHANCE that you could be lucky! Use the tracking info I provided and make sure you check on where the tail # is before your flight. Here's hoping for a nice surprise for you!
Old Aug 24, 2016, 12:14 pm

You're quite welcome, I enjoy sharing my avgeek tools with folks around here who may not know about them!
Are you going SFO-OGG as well?

Again-depending on your departure city/day-there's a CHANCE that you could be lucky! Use the tracking info I provided and make sure you check on where the tail # is before your flight. Here's hoping for a nice surprise for you!
Here is a story about a HA flight attendant who contracted Hepatitis A, along with a list of flights worked:

http://www.staradvertiser.com/breaki...ght-attendant/

I tried to figure out what on which planes the FA worked, but my tech-geek skills are sorely lacking. Can you help?

Mahalo!

Last edited by 747FC; Aug 24, 2016 at 6:39 pm Reason: spelling error
Old Aug 24, 2016, 10:24 pm

Affected Tail #'s

Here is a story about a HA flight attendant who contracted Hepatitis A, along with a list of flights worked:

http://www.staradvertiser.com/breaki...ght-attendant/

I tried to figure out what on which planes the FA worked, but my tech-geek skills are sorely lacking. Can you help?

Mahalo!
I sure can!
Some details on how to search:
FlightRadar24 only goes back ~7 days while
FlightAware lets you look up a specific plane OR a flight number and gives the history for one OR the other.
For instance if I search a flight NUMBER I can get a full history for that flight back quite some time as a registered member of FlightAware but it will NOT give the registration for that flight on each day-only times/type of aircraft etc. Now if I search a tail number, I'll have to pick thru the entire fleet til I hit the right plane that did the flight for the dates.

Your Avgeek/tech skills challenge is accepted! :-)
No payment necessary***

Let's see now:

>>July 31, 2016 — Flight HA22 from Honolulu, HI (HNL) to Seattle, WA (SEA)
was flown on
N381HA "hokūle`a"

which then flew SEA-OGG as HA29 on 8/1

>>August 1, 2016 – Flight HA21 from Seattle, WA (SEA) to Honolulu, HI (HNL)
was flown on
N392HA "Hikianalia"

392 came from OGG to SEA
7/31 and RON for the morning flight to HNL.

>>August 10, 2016 – Flight HA18 from Honolulu, HI (HNL) to Las Vegas, NV (LAS)
Was flown on
N360HA "Tutukamolehonua"

360 is Hawaiian's NEWEST A330 delivered June 6 of this year.

>>August 12, 2016 – Flight HA17 from Las Vegas, NV (LAS) to Honolulu, HI (HNL)
Was flown on
N379HA "Pau-Ahi"

379 is HA's SECOND newest A330 (del 10/31/15) Pau-Ahi is my favorite plane since I got to fly on her when she was brand new :-)

I quite literally searched the WHOLE fleet in order of delivery and of COURSE the last two flights were on the newest planes :-p

***Unless you're feeling mighty generous and feel like taking me to Hawaii to fly on one of the inaugural flights for the new A321neo or A330Neo when they arrive into the fleet. Don't need to STAY in Hawaii, just being there for an inaugural flight is good. For now I'll file that pipe dream under #LifeGoals

Last edited by FBWFTW; Aug 24, 2016 at 10:28 pm Reason: Double quote
Old Aug 24, 2016, 11:35 pm

I sure can!
Some details on how to search:
FlightRadar24 only goes back ~7 days while
FlightAware lets you look up a specific plane OR a flight number and gives the history for one OR the other.
For instance if I search a flight NUMBER I can get a full history for that flight back quite some time as a registered member of FlightAware but it will NOT give the registration for that flight on each day-only times/type of aircraft etc. Now if I search a tail number, I'll have to pick thru the entire fleet til I hit the right plane that did the flight for the dates.

Your Avgeek/tech skills challenge is accepted! :-)
No payment necessary***

Let's see now:

>>July 31, 2016 — Flight HA22 from Honolulu, HI (HNL) to Seattle, WA (SEA)
was flown on
N381HA "hokūle`a"

which then flew SEA-OGG as HA29 on 8/1

>>August 1, 2016 – Flight HA21 from Seattle, WA (SEA) to Honolulu, HI (HNL)
was flown on
N392HA "Hikianalia"

392 came from OGG to SEA
7/31 and RON for the morning flight to HNL.

>>August 10, 2016 – Flight HA18 from Honolulu, HI (HNL) to Las Vegas, NV (LAS)
Was flown on
N360HA "Tutukamolehonua"

360 is Hawaiian's NEWEST A330 delivered June 6 of this year.

>>August 12, 2016 – Flight HA17 from Las Vegas, NV (LAS) to Honolulu, HI (HNL)
Was flown on
N379HA "Pau-Ahi"

379 is HA's SECOND newest A330 (del 10/31/15) Pau-Ahi is my favorite plane since I got to fly on her when she was brand new :-)

I quite literally searched the WHOLE fleet in order of delivery and of COURSE the last two flights were on the newest planes :-p

***Unless you're feeling mighty generous and feel like taking me to Hawaii to fly on one of the inaugural flights for the new A321neo or A330Neo when they arrive into the fleet. Don't need to STAY in Hawaii, just being there for an inaugural flight is good. For now I'll file that pipe dream under #LifeGoals
Many mahalos for this legion effort! Very, very nice of you!

So is it possible to pick a particular flight, say HA16, for a specific advance date, say 8/25, and know in advance which plane is scheduled for use?

I will honor the spirit of your challenge with this: If one of my Powerball tickets hit the BIG ONE, you will get that trip to Hawaii. (Now, where did I put that ticket? )

Again, Mahalo!
Old Aug 25, 2016, 9:35 am

Many mahalos for this legion effort! Very, very nice of you!

So is it possible to pick a particular flight, say HA16, for a specific advance date, say 8/25, and know in advance which plane is scheduled for use?

I will honor the spirit of your challenge with this: If one of my Powerball tickets hit the BIG ONE, you will get that trip to Hawaii. (Now, where did I put that ticket? )

Again, Mahalo!
You're quite welcome, now go hit that powerball :-)
(Edit* Sorry, I searched the wrong flight! But this is the general gist. HA16 doesn't have an A/C assigned that I can find yet for today 8/25.)

As to your question, the answer is not really. Someone "in the know" around here might be able to have a look see at a certain proprietary computer system to see what's scheduled for a particular flight unless there's swaps or mechanicals etc. in which case they'd have to keep checking until the flight departed. It's easier to track back to inbound flights a day before. Today N380HA (first HA A332) is doing HA25 and if you search N380HA you'll see that it did HNL-PDX last night.

Flightaware has a "track inbound" feature for up to a few legs, but again, without having access to the airline computers, you'll never know for sure until your aircraft is inbound.
So if you search your flight HA25 on Flightaware and then track inbound, you can go back and see the previous few flights and THEN because FlightAware only shows Flights OR Tails, so you'd have to go over to FlightRadar24 and search for the inbound flight (in this instance HA26) to see the tail number. I've attached some pics of the two websites in iOS safari browser. There ARE FlightAware and FlightRadar24 apps, but for aircraft history-you need to hit the website as it's much better.
To keep this on topic re: HA's lie flats, I'll remind everyone again that N385HA is the only lie flat equipped aircraft as of yet. To track her movements and see if you've hit the lie flat lottery, use these links here:

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N385HA
https://www.flightradar24.com/reg/n385ha

Below are some images of the pages you'll see when trying to track a flight/tail

You see here the history for HA25 up to the current date*

Here you see the history for N380HA up to the current date*

*If you check back regularly or "later on" if you will, the field may be populated with a tail number BEFORE the flight departs but only ONCE the aircraft has been assigned and the flight plan has been filed. For instance, the aircraft that does JFK-HNL as HA51 frequently continues to HND. So it's already scheduled to fly to HND today (N379HA) even though there may be an aircraft swap prior. It's a matter of finding the tail you want and clicking thru as illustrated below.

Here, 379 is doing HA51 right now, and shows as scheduled for HA457 later today. If you click thru on "HA457” you'll see this:

Here's FlightAware's history for N380HA to contrast, remember if you search a FLIGHT NUMBER on FlightAware, you won't get the tail # but if you search a tail #, it will show you the flights up to current.

Last edited by FBWFTW; Aug 25, 2016 at 9:56 am Reason: Searched HA25 instead of HA16, sorry!
Old Aug 25, 2016, 12:22 pm

You're quite welcome, now go hit that powerball :-)
Many thanks again! Due to your kind tutorial, I was able to back-track my flight's aircraft, and confirm that it is not one of the one's the infected FA worked.

Just checked my Powerball-we are out of luck.

Will buy another ticket once I get on the Mainland....

Back to being On Topic, looking forward to one of these days being on the lie-flats. That should be awesome.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 3:59 pm

Flightaware has a "track inbound" feature for up to a few legs, but again, without having access to the airline computers, you'll never know for sure until your aircraft is inbound.
So if you search your flight HA25 on Flightaware and then track inbound, you can go back and see the previous few flights and THEN because FlightAware only shows Flights OR Tails, so you'd have to go over to FlightRadar24 and search for the inbound flight (in this instance HA26) to see the tail number. I've attached some pics of the two websites in iOS safari browser. There ARE FlightAware and FlightRadar24 apps, but for aircraft history-you need to hit the website as it's much better.
Huge thanks from me too. 18 Sept, HA822 NRT/HNL & then HA22 HNL/SEA. Booked just before the announcement. Now I can watch, hope & maybe get to do a happy dance.��

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Sep 8, 2016 at 4:22 am Reason: massive quote reduced
Old Aug 25, 2016, 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by MAXII
Huge thanks from me too. 18 Sept, HA822 NRT/HNL & then HA22 HNL/SEA. Booked just before the announcement. Now I can watch, hope & maybe get to do a happy dance.😁
You're welcome! Glad I could share my AvGeek passion for a good cause!
Old Aug 25, 2016, 6:05 pm

Many thanks again! Due to your kind tutorial, I was able to back-track my flight's aircraft, and confirm that it is not one of the one's the infected FA worked.

Just checked my Powerball-we are out of luck.

Will buy another ticket once I get on the Mainland....

Back to being On Topic, looking forward to one of these days being on the lie-flats. That should be awesome.
Fingers x'd for the powerball! If I win, we'll go RTW in lie flats lol. All Airbus tho.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 6:14 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
All Airbus tho.
How come? (Just curious.)
Old Aug 26, 2016, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by RealHJ
How come? (Just curious.)
Shot you a DM cause my answer would've probably been off topic though it did include a bit about HA.
Old Sep 3, 2016, 10:02 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
September is Here

Anyone have any inside info of when HA will start selling the new FC seats? I am also really looking forward to what routes they will choose.
Old Sep 4, 2016, 2:00 am
azj

Originally Posted by Red Tail Fan
Anyone have any inside info of when HA will start selling the new FC seats? I am also really looking forward to what routes they will choose.
THe summer schedule ends on Monday. The next plane is scheduled to go to KPAE on Sunday to start the modification cycle for the rest of the year. No official word on when they'll start selling specific routes. I think the fleet will need to build a bit for they do that. The product enhancement and route announcements are supposed to be sometime this fall.

Last edited by azj; Sep 4, 2016 at 11:31 am
Old Sep 4, 2016, 9:10 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Thank you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.