Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Online seat selection gone??

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2013, 3:34 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
9102 seems to be the error you get when there have been a change of "equipment". (Which includes change of operator from AY to BE)
One need to confirm/accept the change before accessing seat assignment.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 7:16 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Not really broken, but is anyone else having trouble selecting seat for free? AY wanted money for selecting seats online yesterday and today. Telephone service fixed it for me.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 8:45 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Worked fine for me on the 2nd feb. Tried just now, worked too.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 9:28 am

Last time it worked for me (AAdvantage) was a little under a month ago. kauppias told me it's never worked for him. YMMV, apparently.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 7:25 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, ROP Gold, VA Plat
It has always worked for me, until I made a booking yesterday. As stated, a telephone call fixed the problem. Let's hope it's a temporary glitch.
Old Feb 7, 2014, 4:29 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life & Marriott lifetime Platinum
No issue today to select seats online for an Europe to Asia Roundtrip...
Old Feb 10, 2014, 6:25 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), SAS Diamond (*G)
As an BA Gold, I had to call up for a booking made on Sunday 9.2, whereas previously it was doable online.

Incidentally, does the unpublished seat blocking benefit (that I have enjoyed previously when travelling alone) also normally apply when travelling with someone else?
Old Apr 6, 2014, 11:42 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, LH Sen, EK & VS Gold, Amex Cent
Just booked an AY flight online and was surprised to see a request for £25 for seat reservations. The first flight mentioned nothing and sent me to payment page, the second flight it showed while I was selecting the seat that there is a charge.

Anyway, safe to say I didn't expect this and assumed that AY now had seat charge for all incl. OWE. Reading here it seems this is not the case (I am glad) but an online glitch. I presume the only solution is phone the AY sx line to get them to assign my seats of choice free of charge?
Old Apr 6, 2014, 12:09 pm

Yep, give them a phone call to have it fixed.

It kind of makes you wonder if AY is willing to fix the problem if other elites are not aware that it's a glitch and just straight out pay or forgo the seat?
Old Apr 6, 2014, 1:40 pm

Programs: AY Emerald
Originally Posted by YClass
Just booked an AY flight online and was surprised to see a request for £25 for seat reservations. The first flight mentioned nothing and sent me to payment page, the second flight it showed while I was selecting the seat that there is a charge.

Anyway, safe to say I didn't expect this and assumed that AY now had seat charge for all incl. OWE. Reading here it seems this is not the case (I am glad) but an online glitch. I presume the only solution is phone the AY sx line to get them to assign my seats of choice free of charge?
It seems to be a problem for BA Emer. since I selected the seat without any problems this week. Call CS and ask them to fix the bug.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 12:01 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Called in today to have seats assigned for 3 bookings, quite inconvenient if you ask me. (Though I got straight through to a more than efficient agent, so it wasn't too bad ^)

I enquired whether this was a permanent arrangement, or if it was going to be fixed anytime soon, the answer I got was frankly quite ambiguous... All I was told was that "the system does not recognise OW Sapphires/Emeralds".
Old Jul 21, 2014, 12:45 pm

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
If it's any consolation, I am unable to select my seat on the AY-operated AY-coded segments of an AY ticket with AY FF#...

Oddly, I was able to input the FF# on BA.com which then let me select the seat on the BA segment. And upon doing that, I got seats automatically assigned on AY segments... But I still cannot change them.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 12:58 pm

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond
The instructions I got from AY was this: just fill in the credit card information while reserving the seats. The system will recognize your Oneworld status and will not charge your credit card. I was a bit concerned first but surprisingly this has worked every time.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by giucca
The instructions I got from AY was this: just fill in the credit card information while reserving the seats. The system will recognize your Oneworld status and will not charge your credit card. I was a bit concerned first but surprisingly this has worked every time.
Good info! I'll try that next time around.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 2:31 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by Courmisch
If it's any consolation, I am unable to select my seat on the AY-operated AY-coded segments of an AY ticket with AY FF#...

This happened to me once too during buying the flights, but I could go around it by going to my profile pages -> my bookings -> choosing seats there after I had completed the transaction.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.