Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Online seat selection gone??

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2013, 12:08 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by remymartin
Sorry for bringing up an age old thread but...

Is online seat selection working for you guys?
Sometimes its working and sometimes not. Weird.
Old Jan 4, 2013, 12:34 am
Ambassador: Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
Yep, extremely annoying..sometimes it works for one leg but not for the other..really unprofessional service, which they also (try to?) charge some pax..
Old Jan 4, 2013, 1:01 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Argh! So what's the cure? Call CS? I'm an AA elite so am I supposed to call AAdvantage or AY+?
Old Jan 4, 2013, 3:22 am

Programs: AA Plat (OWS), W6 Discount Club, TK Elite (*G), ex-MA Gold, Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by remymartin
Argh! So what's the cure? Call CS? I'm an AA elite so am I supposed to call AAdvantage or AY+?
You have to call AY, by try to avoid their "phone sex number", i.e. the regular Finnish reservations line. The AY+ line has normal network charges, but I don't know if they were willing to deal with such an issue for a partner elite. US numbers are free when called from Skype.
Old Jan 4, 2013, 4:30 am

Programs: AY Gold, Shangri La Golden circle
I've had the same problem and asked about it (maybe) a forthnight ago. The reply was that it was an IT problem concerning those bookings that have a ff number on them. Of course I don't know if this is the same case as mine or something else.
Old Jan 5, 2013, 6:11 am

Programs: LH SEN
Not so bright times with AY seat selection:

I have a DXB flight coming in March, operated by A340. At the time of booking I selected seat 6L, as rows 6-7 were in economy "with extra leg room". However, now my seat seems to be 25A. Rows 6-7 show up in Y cabin, but are blocked. (Checked this by making a new query, as the seat selection tool has stayed broken.)

No word heard from AY's side, I just noticed this when scrolling through my upcoming bookings. I sent them a message asking what the hell are they messing up there.
Old Jan 5, 2013, 9:48 am

I noticed the same while looking at the seat maps of my later in the spring upcoming LHR and CPH flights. I thought maybe they are blocked for golds and plats, but since you are gold... Oh well, I used the new upgrade offer for the LHR flights, so those have been taken care of now.
Old Jan 5, 2013, 3:38 pm

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by MrsMK
I thought maybe they are blocked for golds and plats, but since you are gold...
Usually I see the first rows of Y blocked at the time of booking (even though I'm AY Gold). These rows have been available at OLCI but not sure if they are available for Platinums already at the time of booking.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 2:33 am

This morning I managed to change the seats in one booking, but not in an other. Weird.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 5:50 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Called on Saturday. Best seats taken or blocked.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 3:03 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
They seem to be having ongoing problems with the seat booking. However, if you attempt to use the webpage and it doesn't work, you may call the e-helpdesk number and they'll book the seats for you. This number is a standard Finnish phone number with no extra charges.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 5:50 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum / OW Emerald
Had the same issue with my coming flights to SIN and LHR. No online seat selection available (class H ticket). However, managed to pick my seat via travel agency's web-booking client (HRG) Annoying it doesn't work on Finnair pages.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 11:09 pm

Still not working.

I checked all my coming reservations and all the time with seat map: "yleisvirhe".
Old Jan 23, 2013, 1:04 am

Originally Posted by OH-LGG
Still not working.

I checked all my coming reservations and all the time with seat map: "yleisvirhe".
I tried to check my three up coming returns yesterday as well. I couldn't see any of the seat maps.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 1:25 am

Looks like hardest part with Finnair it's not labour or cutting costs, it's IT.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.