Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Online seat selection gone??

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2015, 7:45 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by delerium
Oneworld Elites (Sapphire, Emerald) can choose comfort seats for free on Finnair longhaul flights and exit seats on shorthaul. Unfortunately my company policy forces me to fly economy class so for me it's important to be able to choose the less painful option whenever possible.
I see... well my package indicates if i choose a seat i must pay a seat. in this case i have normal standard seats to choose from and comfort seats which indicates it cost around 78.00euros. I just paid for normal seating and yes economy. Why is it free for you?

Mine is too longhaul flights .. Singapore to Helsinki. for this after christmas package im going to do.
Old Jun 27, 2015, 7:56 am

Programs: AA plat
It's a Oneworld frequent flyer benefit when you fly enough (have an elite status) on airlines associated with Oneworld alliance. See more here:

https://www.finnair.com/fi/gb/destin...world#ffb_wrap
Old Jul 25, 2015, 9:12 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Not entirely suitable in this thread, but a search didn't turn up any better place.

Just made a AY booking with one segment operated by BA. AY MMB behaves nicely: Under seat selectio it offers a link directly to BA and what reference number they use.
Fine, I go there and select a seat. BA site says "you can choose seat now free of charge". I chose a seat but when confirming, I get an error saying "you need to call BA".
Is it a temporary thing or you always need to call BA?

Also, BA forced me to enter email and telephone before allowing me access. The email adress (not the phone number) given to BA is now updated in AY MMB
Old Aug 12, 2015, 7:59 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
OK, discussing with myself here...

I tried again, 2 seeks later, and was now allowed to select seats on the BA-operated legs. 2 new very interesting obeservations

1. BA MMB now not only didn't know my contact-info they now also lost track of my FF#. It is present in my booking. Re-enter it on BA MMB worked.

2. The selected seats now went through. However, my reservation now have gotten a new booking code for the BA operated segments. It is listed in AY MMB, but trying to access it gives an error. But it is valid on amadeus (CMT)
It seems BA has created a duplicate nr on amadeus, for no good reason.
Old Aug 12, 2015, 9:21 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
I couldn't either select seats on Iberia even if MMB showed an option to do so as OWE, but the link got just to an error...
Old Aug 12, 2015, 9:44 am
Moderator, Finnair

The link presented on AY MMB didn't work for me, but going manually to BA MMB, using the AY booking code worked.
Old Aug 12, 2015, 12:24 pm

Programs: AY Plat (OWE)
Originally Posted by intuition
2. The selected seats now went through. However, my reservation now have gotten a new booking code for the BA operated segments. It is listed in AY MMB, but trying to access it gives an error. But it is valid on amadeus (CMT)
It seems BA has created a duplicate nr on amadeus, for no good reason.
My experience is that BA always does that when you have a BA-operated segment in your itinerary. For example, I have an AY coded YVR-LHR flight coming up in September and BA has created a separate booking code for that. In fact, I find it useful because with that code you normally can choose seats etc. in BA MMB.
Old Aug 12, 2015, 12:50 pm
Moderator, Finnair

OK, good to know. Maybe this is a way to ensure their seat selectio policy (paying or status), to lock down te seat selection process to a duplicate booking code that BA owns and controls?

I just found it funny that

a) I logged in (and still can log in) to BA MMB with the original "AY" booking code, access the booking and alter seats
b) the seat selection made on BA MMB is visible on AY MMB on original booking code.

AY MMB now shows 2 trips with the same dest....
Old Aug 12, 2015, 1:24 pm

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
I had something rather similar with QF-coded SIN-HEL: a duplicate PNR showed up on my Finnair.com account with the AY flight code and the possibility to reserve a seat.

On the other hand, the first segment was HEL-LHR with AY code. It was accessible through the original QF PNR. I guess the duplication is a common practice when code-shares are involved.
Old Aug 13, 2015, 6:46 am

Hi there,

I'm trying to select my seats on FinnAir (a series of BA codeshares on AY-operated flights including HEL-JFK).

however, I keep getting the following error when I click through on the FinnAir page to change my assigned seat. The error reads: "There is no action mapped for namespace /AYPortal/wds and action name SeatMap"

Any thoughts about what the issue might be?

Simon.

(P.S. I have a OWS card with BA)

Last edited by Simon Schus; Aug 13, 2015 at 6:55 am
Old Aug 13, 2015, 7:45 am
Moderator, Finnair

Finnair website have had some issues today with login. Perhaps it also affects seat selection.
Old Aug 13, 2015, 8:34 am

Thanks intuition for your insight.

I have now managed to select seats, but only when entering my booking reference manually into the FinnAir manage my booking section. The error came up when I was clicking through from the BA website.
Old Aug 16, 2015, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
I was unable to select my seat yesterday on the AY site, haven't tried today. Booked through Amex Travel website on AA ticket stock. Just one segment on AY. (Had no problem with the link on the AA site to the BA site for those flights but no such link was provided to get to the AY site.). I was able to bring up the AY version of the booking though.

--------

Glitch seems to be fixed now. Was able to select my seat this morning, system saw my Emerald status so selected a YC seat. However did have an issue with entering my mobile number which wouldn't be accepted even using the same format as was shown for the land line number that was already on the file.

Last edited by Shareholder; Aug 17, 2015 at 5:51 am
Old Aug 20, 2015, 1:54 am

Programs: AY+ Plat
Seat selected, but plane changed

Hello

I had chosen a seat from GOT - HEL. Seat 4A from A319. When check in opened they had changed the plane to A320 and I had been moved to 5B. 5B?? This boy does not fly middle seat. No way Jose.

Called plat pax cs number to ask why wasn't my wish for window seat honored? Got a simple sorry for answer and that "we always do our best" bla bla bla.

I asked about availability in J for the inconvenience. Yes, but for 7500 points. I took the upgrade. I was disappointed that I had to sacrifice hard earned points for their hick up. =(
Old Aug 20, 2015, 6:26 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
So why did you not choose another seat further back? When OLCI opens, most seats are available, as very few people pay for preselection.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.