Wiki Posts
Search

Online seat selection gone??

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2015, 6:50 am
haa

Programs: No more status, free agent now
Originally Posted by remymartin
I was able to select exit row seats online today without going through the payment form at all. ^
+1. Today, the normal finnair web site booking process worked for me. I could select seats (including exit row) for free with OW status, as part of the normal booking process. Great if this is finally fixed!

PS. Anyone want to join the "flight 666 to HEL DO" i.e. "flight 666 to HEL(l) on Friday the 13th", i.e. CPH-HEL AY666 13FEB. Row 13 instead of exit row for this one segment, of course ;-)
Old Jan 28, 2015, 8:24 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by haa
PS. Anyone want to join the "flight 666 to HEL DO" i.e. "flight 666 to HEL(l) on Friday the 13th", i.e. CPH-HEL AY666 13FEB. Row 13 instead of exit row for this one segment, of course ;-)

Sadly already booked on AY668 that day. Not enough time for me to do AY666 aswell. However, the opportunity arrives again one month later.
Old Feb 12, 2015, 4:21 am
Ambassador: Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
Noticed something that was new to me, at least..looking at my upcoming BA trip with one leg operated by AY I was able to pre select the seat for the AY leg, LHR-HEL in J..ticketed as BA codeshare.

This hasn't worked on the past..MMB has only said "seat selection available at check in".
Old Feb 12, 2015, 11:52 pm

Programs: QFF Platinum (OWE) VA Gold
Assume AY does not allow seat selection until ticketed (like AA)

I have reservations RTW D flights "on request" and can select for QF, BA and CX but not AY or AA.

I have been told previously that you cannot select seats on AA until ticketed.

I am OWE.... Thanks In advance
Old Feb 13, 2015, 1:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kefci2000

I have been told previously that you cannot select seats on AA until ticketed.

I am OWE.... Thanks In advance
Not true, you can select seats on AA already during the resevation process prior to payment, which is certainly before ticketing.
Old Feb 13, 2015, 5:17 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
The postings on "current disadvantages on codeshare..." go cross this thread about seat selection during past days discussion here, but I choose for the title to go here:

On my upcoming AA trip to GRU, I noticed today that the AA ticket appeared on my Finnair App. Went in to AY website and found it there with Amadeus code (which I could not get earlier). Went to see if I can select seats, and now I could (I was previously autoassigned by AA seats in AY comfort 21A on HEL-JFK leg). I could change seats, but not select meal ("istunnon tila virheellinen"). I could also input the TSA entry data on AY website, and in fact they were ready there, I suppose from another trip.

It is confusing that people report here different things what they can do and not. I don't know if status matters, I had AY Plat input in the AA ticket.
Old Feb 15, 2015, 2:06 am

Programs: QFF Platinum (OWE) VA Gold
Originally Posted by NoWindowSeat
Not true, you can select seats on AA already during the resevation process prior to payment, which is certainly before ticketing.
Well my last 2 trips as part of a DONE4, I haven't been able to select seats until ticketed, yet I can for QF, CX and BA.

Could be because it is though a travel agent?
Old Feb 15, 2015, 2:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kefci2000
Well my last 2 trips as part of a DONE4, I haven't been able to select seats until ticketed, yet I can for QF, CX and BA.

Could be because it is though a travel agent?
It could well be...but you have the AA record locator from your TA, don't you?

It's different to the Amadeus locator you have for your QF/CX/BA legs...if you have the AA code I find this rather strange that you cannot choose the seats..

Last edited by NoWindowSeat; Feb 15, 2015 at 10:34 am Reason: typos
Old Mar 11, 2015, 12:07 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
I have one AY trip booked with OTA, and seat selection is disabled. My AY+ account is present and MMB recognises I'm plat so it must be something else.

Maybe this is well known? It seems all control of booking is disabled when this OTA is involved (can't remember seeing it before).

The upgrade functionality is also disabled. The links for "upgrade your booking" are present, but when arriving at upgrade request, it just says each leg is not selectable for upgrade.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 12:48 pm

Programs: LH SEN
Has your booking been ticketed by the OTA already?
Old Mar 11, 2015, 1:02 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Ah, you are correct.
It was showing up in AY+ account almost instantaneously. I had OTA in one tab and AY+ in another. When I saw the booking in AY+ I assumed it was ticketed. *)
Actually, AY+ even offered (=had a link) to send me a copy of the e-ticket, so I was fooled.

But looking at AY+ now an hour later, the seat selection and all other features are available.

*) I was instantaneously assigned seats. I could see they had put me in row 21 (comfort) and in exit row on the short hauls.
Old Jun 4, 2015, 5:46 am
Moderator, Finnair

Not gone

Well, it is not gone - actually quite the opposite, but I figured this thread was appropriate to report an interesting observation.

So this trip was booked via an OTA, AY FF# is in booking, booking appears on MMB and I'm identified as plat.

Was automatically assigned exit row seat (interesting why they would do that automatically, since you are supposed to agree on the terms). When I logged in some weeks later, I found out I was bumped to a non-exit-row. OK, that seems logical.
However, trying to move back triggered "enter creditcard to pay the fee". I know the advice up-thread is to just do that because it doesn't actually charge the card anyway, but I decided to call.

Agent had never heard of this issue before and had no idea why I couldn't change seats free of charge, but was happy to move me back. However, the seat I originally had was taken and I got another exit row seat.

Now comes the interesting part - now some weeks later, MMB does not show my original seat as taken anymore, and I decided to move back. And this time it worked without any fee payable.

Either they have fixed the bug altogether or something actually got altered in the booking by SC so MMB now recognizes my status.
Old Jun 8, 2015, 6:27 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, SK Gold, BT VIP, Radisson Premium, Accor Platinum
I think there was a problem a few weeks ago - tried to reserve a seat on a couple of HBO flights, and the web page showed a fee (even for plat). Tried again a week later - no fee.
Old Jun 9, 2015, 10:31 am

Programs: AA plat
I booked a Finnair flight via an OTA, AA plat# in the booking for intra European flight. I couldn't select a seat online, the Finnair webpage would just crash.

Calling Finnair Customer care helped, they were able to assign a seat for me for free.

I also had another complex itinerary which had flights marketed by AA but operated by Finnair. I didn't have the Amadeus booking code for the AY sectors, but AY Customer Care was able to find out the booking code with last name and the flight date. And then I was able to choose an Economy Comfort seat for free. So, it was worth the 15 minutes of waiting in the line.

^
Old Jun 11, 2015, 4:01 am
Accor 10+ BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum
I have a BKK flights booked in October in J. Seat map is crazy. Aircraft is Boeing 747-400 343:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.