Wiki Posts
Search

Online seat selection gone??

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2013, 12:29 pm
Ambassador: Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
I cannot understand how this is possbile as they market this as a service they want to charge people for..this cannot be rocket science to get fixed...I have mentioned this to the Plus Centre many times over the years and they always say "they are updating the system.." one loooong update..luckily doesn't bother me much anymore as less and less AY flights for me..
Old Jan 23, 2013, 1:41 pm
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by NoWindowSeat
I cannot understand how this is possbile as they market this as a service they want to charge people for..t
Yeah, this is the really strange part. If people are willing to pay for slightly less bad seats, they are just leaving money on the table with this. Although seat selection does work when buying tickets.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 2:06 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Originally Posted by SPBanker
Yeah, this is the really strange part. If people are willing to pay for slightly less bad seats, they are just leaving money on the table with this. Although seat selection does work when buying tickets.
Maybe you as an FT ambassador can help?

Strange that the AY+ representative only posted twice on FT and has since disappeared..
Old Jan 24, 2013, 9:05 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
Originally Posted by NoWindowSeat
I cannot understand how this is possbile as they market this as a service they want to charge people for..this cannot be rocket science to get fixed...I have mentioned this to the Plus Centre many times over the years and they always say "they are updating the system.." one loooong update..luckily doesn't bother me much anymore as less and less AY flights for me..
Lucky You! Since SAS withdrew from KUO, AY is nowadays the only option to start and end the journeys. Will be interesting to see, how much the prices go up and whether we will get decent planes, such as Airbuses, instead of crammed up E190:s and ATR:s (with the horrible, disgusting, ridiculous, mockery of a man, retard, once FinnComm, nowadays FlyMayBe safety announcements) in the future.
Old Feb 6, 2013, 2:18 am

Programs: AY LUMO
OH-MY-GOD! It's working now.
Old Feb 6, 2013, 7:18 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
And apparently Finnair has started to send out e-mail account statements too. Or at least I've never received one before.
Old Feb 6, 2013, 7:53 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
And apparently Finnair has started to send out e-mail account statements too. Or at least I've never received one before.
Got my first one too, today.
Funny enough the marketing message in the footer says "Join AY+ now"... Eh, I thought only members got the account statement...
Old Feb 6, 2013, 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by oh-lgg
oh-my-god! It's working now.
+1!!!

Originally Posted by spbanker
and apparently finnair has started to send out e-mail account statements too. Or at least i've never received one before.
+1
Old Feb 7, 2013, 3:59 am

Programs: AY Gold, Shangri La Golden circle
I didn't get any account statement, so maybe it's only for golds and plats. But yes, I managed to change my seat on a flight! Well done!
Old Feb 7, 2013, 4:55 am

Originally Posted by MrsMK
I didn't get any account statement, so maybe it's only for golds and plats.
Considering the cost of sending one e-mail, I think that would be kinda silly. Maybe Plats and Golds got it first? Maybe this was a test run? (What are we, guinea pigs?!? )
Old Feb 7, 2013, 6:03 am

Originally Posted by MrsMK
I didn't get any account statement, so maybe it's only for golds and plats. But yes, I managed to change my seat on a flight! Well done!
I'm AY+ zilch and I got a statement. Maybe check your spam folder?
Old Feb 8, 2013, 1:23 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by OH-LGG

I logged on and found that they assigned the same seat to several different people in my entourage. I didn't even touch anything....
Old Feb 26, 2013, 11:10 am

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
I just booked a trip and was able to go in and select an "extra leg space" seat (exit row).

There was no extra charge. I'm new to Finnair so I have a few questions:

1. Is the exit row seat one that they charge for?
2. If so, how will they charge me?
3. If they haven't charged me, should I consider it unlikely this seat selection will stick and just choose a regular seat now that will have a higher likelihood of sticking?

Thanks!
Old Feb 26, 2013, 11:22 am

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by OskiBear
I just booked a trip and was able to go in and select an "extra leg space" seat (exit row).

There was no extra charge. I'm new to Finnair so I have a few questions:

1. Is the exit row seat one that they charge for?
2. If so, how will they charge me?
3. If they haven't charged me, should I consider it unlikely this seat selection will stick and just choose a regular seat now that will have a higher likelihood of sticking?
1. Yes, basically it is. 60 EUR for lh flights, for example. But
2. if you entered your AA EXP number and as you are OW Emerald the seat selection is provided free-of-charge. This is for all OW Sapphires and Emeralds.
3. The selection will most probably stick. However, sudden seat changes may occur, for "operational reasons" or for no clear reason. Refer to http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/finna...us-reason.html
Old Mar 20, 2013, 2:47 am
Moderator, Finnair

Gone again?

Error 9102

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.