Wiki Posts
Search

Online seat selection gone??

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2012, 7:32 am
Ambassador: Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
Like also others have commented some progress seem to be happening with the AY site..I was also able to select seat on my next LHR flight with BA code/AY metal on the outbound..inbound is in BA club and they never have any issues with the seat selection in MMB.

^ for AY
Old Aug 21, 2012, 9:00 am

Good to see that this glitch has been corrected. Still, the special meal choice is incorrect. You cannot choose any of the business-class-only special meals on-line. Only through telephone service. And these special choices you have ordered don't show on finnair.com but they are shown correctly on checkmytrip.net. Annoying.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 11:11 am

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
Originally Posted by nordic
Good to see that this glitch has been corrected. Still, the special meal choice is incorrect. You cannot choose any of the business-class-only special meals on-line. Only through telephone service. And these special choices you have ordered don't show on finnair.com but they are shown correctly on checkmytrip.net. Annoying.
When I changed my seats only, I was also able to choose from the special meals ex HEL.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 2:47 pm

Programs: AY Emerald
Originally Posted by NoWindowSeat
Like also others have commented some progress seem to be happening with the AY site..I was also able to select seat on my next LHR flight with BA code/AY metal on the outbound..inbound is in BA club and they never have any issues with the seat selection in MMB.

^ for AY
If you have an business ticket, I has worked also earlier. In case of C ticket, even being AY Plat, it is not supposed to working
Old Aug 21, 2012, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by Ed Size
When I changed my seats only, I was also able to choose from the special meals ex HEL.
What kind of special meal did you order? Normal special meal choices like lactose-free, gluten-free, asian vegetarian etc show up (they are available for every passenger) but choices for business class (like fruit plate, sea food meals are not shown). None of the choices seem to show up for AY 3xxx op by FlyBe which will be even more annoying next autumn.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 10:09 am

This was on the screen, and the choices are:

Shrimp, Bratwurst or Rendeer (as it was for the last year).

Only works on longhaul.

What kind of special meal did you order? Normal special meal choices like lactose-free, gluten-free, asian vegetarian etc show up (they are available for every passenger) but choices for business class (like fruit plate, sea food meals are not shown). None of the choices seem to show up for AY 3xxx op by FlyBe which will be even more annoying next autumn.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 7:26 am

This was on the screen, and the choices are:

Shrimp, Bratwurst or Rendeer (as it was for the last year).

Only works on longhaul.
Yes, these pre-order choices show correctly, but not the other business class special meals.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 10:14 pm

Yes, these pre-order choices show correctly, but not the other business class special meals.
You mean the normal choices? They should be

Option 1
Option 2
and
Option 3

You learn what these options are if you click on the link, and put in your flight date and route.
Old Aug 25, 2012, 12:13 am
Original Poster

You mean the normal choices? They should be

Option 1
Option 2
and
Option 3

You learn what these options are if you click on the link, and put in your flight date and route.
No, these are the pre order choices for long haul..but there are also other special meals you can order in J. For example kosher, lactose free, vegeterian etc. etc....you have options in coach also but in J there are more (or was, not sure as I do not use these personally)
Old Aug 25, 2012, 2:28 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
No, these are the pre order choices for long haul..but there are also other special meals you can order in J. For example kosher, lactose free, vegeterian etc. etc....you have options in coach also but in J there are more (or was, not sure as I do not use these personally)
You mean these:

I never used them, but they have always been there AFAIK.

--added--
The Option1,2,3 should appear 14 days before departure, but they never do so for me. Interesting that it is the opposite for nordic. Perhaps they changed so at T-14d you can only access the options, not the SPML... They should all be possible to order until T-24h
Old Aug 25, 2012, 2:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by intuition
You mean these:

I never used them, but they have always been there AFAIK.
Yes, exactly those.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 10:37 am

Yes, exactly those.
Sea food meal (SFML) and fruit plate (FPML) choices are missing even though they are listed on the Finnair.com special meal lists and at least sea food meal can be ordered by telephone. Intrestingly, vegetarisk (rå) is shown even though raw vegetarian food can only be ordered for business class. Also SPML (other special meal, where you can choose which ingredients should be avoided) is missing, although that is understandable because a more detailed description is needed.
Old Sep 2, 2012, 10:00 pm

No you are wrong,

Option1, 2 or 3 are the regular choices, which everybody have on board . The special meals ex HEL are

Wellness and Energy
Food Lover's Treat
and
Chef's Gourmet
Old Sep 2, 2012, 10:45 pm
Original Poster

No you are wrong,

Option1, 2 or 3 are the regular choices, which everybody have on board . The special meals ex HEL are

Wellness and Energy
Food Lover's Treat
and
Chef's Gourmet
Yes, naturally you can order from the menu as well but this is not the subject now, we have been talking about the special diet -type of pre ordering, not the J pre order choices which are normal menu+3 add. choices.
Old Jan 4, 2013, 12:03 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Sorry for bringing up an age old thread but...

Is online seat selection working for you guys?

I have 3 reservations on AY metal, two of which this month. I get "generic error" when I try to change seats.

AA ffp, if that matters.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.