Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Diners Club | Club Rewards
Reload this Page >

Two new Diners Club USA MasterCards. Applications suspended mid November 2014.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 27, 2014, 4:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: eajusa
Applications suspended 11.13.2014 for a "couple weeks".

Harris Bank is now accepting applications for two new consumer Diners Club MasterCards. There is no new account bonus or annual fee waiver. This thread discusses the cards benefits and rewards. Please click HERE to discuss the application process.

Premier $95 annual fee, $35 additional cards, EMV, No foreign transaction fee, Primary CDW, Airport lounge access, $1 = 1 point on all spending.

Elite $300 annual fee, $150 additional cards, EMV, No foreign transaction fees, Primary CDW, Trip Cancellation / Interruption reimbursement, Airport lounge access, $1 = 3 points for grocery stores, supermarkets, drug stores, pharmacies and automobile fuel service stations when you pay at the pump, $1 = 1 point otherwise.

Diners Club Rewards airline and hotel transfer partners are discussed in THIS thread.

Many of the card travel benefits are listed in the Promotions section of the website.

A form to request cards for Authorized Users is HERE.
A form to setup Automatic Payments is HERE.

Differences between the legacy Professional cards and the new Consumer cards:
  • Card type. Professional = charge card; Consumer = credit card
  • Foreign transaction fees. Professional 3%; Consumer 0.
  • CDW vehicle value cap. Professional = $75,000 (Diners) or $100,000 (Carte Blanche); Consumer = $50,000
  • Other insurance. On cursory examination there appears to be differences in the carriers and terms of the other coverages. The Consumer coverages may be a standard package arranged by MasterCard, while the Professional coverages may be inherited from Citi. Someone would need to read carefully side-by-side to find the differences.

Mint.com and PersonalCapital.com does NOT currently work with this card however I have confirmed that they will add it once they receive at least 5 requests to do so. So, for those that have the card and use these sites please send a support ticket asking them to add "Diners Club International" at the URL: https://www.bmoharriscreditcards.com...sumer/Login.do . ^

Between the Consumer (personal), Professional (legacy), and Corporate Cards there are a variety of contacts for various needs:

Cardmember Customer Service
1-800-2-DINERS (1-800-234-6377)
Outside the US: 1-514-877-1577

Internet Help Desk
1-877-263-5018 (Mon-Sun, 24 hours a day)

Club Rewards
Customer Contact Center: 1-800-234-4034 (Mon-Sun, 9 a.m. - 9 p.m. ET)

TTY Service for Hearing Impaired Customers

Professional and Consumer Cardmembers: 1-866-889-0889
Corporate Cardmembers (US and Canada): 1-866-859-2089
Corporate Cardmembers (Outside North America): 1-800-976-6037

Corporate Client Services: 1-800-964-9444 (Mon-Fri, 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET)

Corporate Sales Group: 1-800-999-9093 (Mon-Fri, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. ET)

Travel Management Companies
For inquiries and lead referrals please email [email protected]
or call 1-800-999-9093.

Payment Address

Diners Club Professional
P.O. Box 6012
Carol Stream, IL 60197-6012

Diners Club Commercial / Corporate
P.O. Box 5732
Carol Stream, IL 60197-5732

Diners Club Consumer
P.O. Box 6012
Carol Stream, IL 60197-6012

Overnight Payment Address
BancTec Inc.
2100 A Corporate Drive
Addison, IL 60101

Wire transfer payment information

Bank Name: BMO Harris Bank N.A.
Account #: 1982143000
Account Name: Diners Wire Payments
Address: 111 W. Monroe
Chicago, IL 60603
ABA: 071000288
Swift code: HATRUS44
Payable to: Harris/Diners Club (include name/account#)
Cutoff time is 2pm CT

Insurance - Inquiries and Claims
•MasterRental Coverage (Primary Collision Damage Waiver Coverage)
•Purchase Assurance and Extended Warranty
•Common Carrier Accidental Death and Dismemberment Benefits
•Hotel/motel Burglary Coverage
•Travel Assistance Services
•Travel Accident Insurance
•Flight Delay Coverage
•Baggage Delay Coverage
•Lost or Damaged Luggage Coverage
•Master Assist
(US): 1-800-MC-ASSIST (1-800-622-7747)
(Outside the US): 636-722-7111 (collect); or en Español: 1-800-633-4466

RoadAssist Roadside Services
1-877-764-3576
(Outside the US): 904-636-3647 (collect)

Collections
Professional: 1-888-551-4881 (Mon-Fri, 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. ET)
Corporate: 1-888-551-4667 (Mon-Fri, 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET)
Consumer: 1-888-551-4881 (Mon-Fri, 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. ET)
Print Wikipost

Two new Diners Club USA MasterCards. Applications suspended mid November 2014.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2014, 1:39 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by mia
Maybe.

https://www.dinersclubus.com/us/docs...ToBenefits.pdf

I think this provision means that coverage is secondary for residents of New York:

I think this provision means that there is no coverage in certain countries, but they have elected not to name them:

The $50,000 MSRP limitation may also be important. That's only about 40,000 Euros.

You can assess the lounge network by looking here:

http://www.dinersclublounges.com

I would say it is more comprehensive that Lounge Club, but less than Priority Pass.
In looking at the lounge coverage it's really pretty thin. If you have an AMEX PLT for example you have their lounge access plus PP as well. Chip is best feature.

There still is not an acceptable alternative to AMEX PLT which has diminished value/
Old Oct 5, 2014, 1:48 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by jalm1
Mia - for you is it the transfer partners or what that makes it superior to csp? .
My primary airline are AA, BA and VS. American Express, Chase and Diners all transfer 1:1 to BA and VS, but American Express and Diners offer transfer bonuses. Chase has not done so.

I have a moderate interest in DL. Typically I would use American Express Membership Rewards because of the instantaneous transfer, but it's helpful to have a backup. Diners is Delta's only non-Amex USA credit card partner.

I have a very low interest in UA.

I am not much interested in hotel points, but Diners has the best transfer rate to:

• Best Western
  • Choice
  • Hilton
  • IHG
  • Marriott
  • Starwood

I use other cards for airfare, hotels and dining.
Old Oct 6, 2014, 4:48 am
mia

Moderator actions

Discussion of CDW coverage has been exported to this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/diner...mitations.html

Discussion of the Tailored Travel feature, which uses points to purchase travel at a fixed $0.01 per point value, has been exported:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/diner...s-arrival.html

Last edited by mia; Oct 6, 2014 at 4:55 am
Old Oct 7, 2014, 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by rambo
I would MS'ed more on this card, if I could have figured out WM BP for this card. I tried so many times and I was not able to BP this card at WM.
If it makes you feel any better the same thing has happened to me, I've tried to WM BP several times with no luck.

I've had a Diners card since '93 but have hardly used it since MS has come into play in the past year or so, I was really hoping I could just seamlessly convert my old card to the new 3x GGD as I'd gladly pay an additional $205 in annual fees to get 3x Club Rewards points but it sounds like that is not possible. Too bad.
Old Oct 7, 2014, 9:11 pm

I applied for the Elite card tonight and got instant approval (around 8 apps in the past 6 months and 15 in the past year). Called them 5 minutes later and they were able to tell me that my credit line was $50,000 (which is much higher than any other credit card lines I have)!

This card is just sooo promising with the MS opportunities. In fact, I've calculated that starting at my home airport of DFW and using Diners Club's partners of Alaska and British Airways, I can book the following 5 award trips for under $1,000, including the $300 annual fee, MS costs and award taxes/fees:

1) DFW-YVR and back
2) DFW-CDG and MAD-DFW (or back from CDG/BCN etc)
3) DFW-HNL and back
4) DFW-GRU and GIG-DFW (or pretty much any South American city served by AA)
5) DFW-ANC and back

So 5 round-trips to France/Spain, South America, Hawaii, Canada and Alaska for under $1,000.

Or I could travel from Portland, Oregon to Vancouver, BC on Amtrak and back for $8-12 depending on the MS method.

Add in the Chip and PIN, no FTF, lounge access...if I had to keep only one card, this would be it.
Old Oct 7, 2014, 11:22 pm

Can anyone comment on whether statement credit or cashback is a rewards redemption office with these cards?
Old Oct 8, 2014, 3:44 am
mia

Originally Posted by tmiw
Still no physical card yet,
I believe the card was delivered yesterday, but will not be home to open it until the weekend. UPS shipment from Giesecke & Devrient, a card manufacturer.

Originally Posted by ninjakid
... statement credit ...
Club Rewards Points to Credit 15,000 points = $100 Statement Credit
https://www.clubrewardsus.com/consum...bk43SkM5bTdTRA

Last edited by mia; Oct 8, 2014 at 3:50 am
Old Oct 9, 2014, 8:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by huntdealz123
...They gave me a monster line (was thinking of calling them and getting it reduced, but I might just keep it). Their underwriting criteria does not seem to be too strict.
Does anyone know if call to lower your credit line, if you don't need so much, help or hurt your FICO?
Old Oct 9, 2014, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by huntdealz123
Data point: I got my card in the mail yesterday thru USPS. Received the PIN on Saturday (04 Oct). They gave me a monster line (was thinking of calling them and getting it reduced, but I might just keep it). Their underwriting criteria does not seem to be too strict.
Nice. Mine should come today or tomorrow then.

Originally Posted by TerryK
Does anyone know if call to lower your credit line, if you don't need so much, help or hurt your FICO?
Depends on your credit utilization, really. I'd imagine after a point, extra credit limit wouldn't hurt or help.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 8:08 pm

Programs: Amex, JPMR, Nexus
Okay, so I got my card today. Got a couple of facts and a question:
1) It came from Chicago via USPS.
2) You are actually able to change the assigned PIN but you need to speak to a CSR and have access to a chip card ATM like Citibank to effect the change.
3) There are NO balance transfers with the card whatsoever and you have access to cash up to available CL but only in $300 increments up to $1500 a day.
4) You CANNOT convert the card from Premier to Elite or the other way, you would need to reapply. That makes no sense.
5) I tried the card in the chip reader at a Subway and I was surprised at the process. I inserted the card, the reader told me to remove it and then the transaction was approved as "contactless" without me ever entering the PIN! How is that more secure than the magnetic strip transaction then?

Last edited by greglvnv; Oct 9, 2014 at 8:21 pm Reason: Added one more fact.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 8:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by greglvnv
Okay, so I got my card today. Got a couple of facts and a question:
1) It came from Chicago via USPS.
2) You are actually able to change the assigned PIN but you need to speak to a CSR and have access to a chip card ATM like Citibank to effect the change.
3) There are NO balance transfers with the card whatsoever and you have access to cash up to available CL but only in $300 increments up to $1500 a day.
4) I tried the card in the chip reader at a Subway and I was surprised at the process. I inserted the card, the reader told me to remove it and then the transaction was approved as "contactless" without me ever entering the PIN! How is that more secure than the magnetic strip transaction then?
Subway hasn't actually enabled the chip slot yet, at least the ones where I live (prompt says "swipe card" and has a contactless logo on the screen). Do you know if it's any chip enabled ATM or just the ones that support PIN change? If the former, then any BoA branch should work in theory.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by tmiw
Subway hasn't actually enabled the chip slot yet, at least the ones where I live (prompt says "swipe card" and has a contactless logo on the screen). Do you know if it's any chip enabled ATM or just the ones that support PIN change? If the former, then any BoA branch should work in theory.
They just replaced all the terminals at Subways here and I did not need to swipe the card, just inserted it in the chip slot.
RE: ATM's, those need to be chip enabled and the CSR told me that all Citibank ATM's are good for sure.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 9:18 pm

So I signed up for online access for the new card and:
1) There is NO option to make an online payment LOL
2) Statement with the annual fee was generated right after I got approved for the account and is due on November 3!!! That is hilarious. They bill the annual fee and generate a statement almost 2 weeks before you even get that card HAHA
Old Oct 9, 2014, 9:52 pm

Programs: SW CP, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
2) Statement with the annual fee was generated right after I got approved for the account and is due on November 3!!! That is hilarious. They bill the annual fee and generate a statement almost 2 weeks before you even get that card HAHA
Hmmmm, this ought to be interesting.

No way to pull payments...
Old Oct 9, 2014, 9:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm going to call them now and ask. The PDF version of the statement explicitly says online payments are possible.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.