Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Diners Club | Club Rewards
Reload this Page >

Two new Diners Club USA MasterCards. Applications suspended mid November 2014.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 27, 2014, 4:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: eajusa
Applications suspended 11.13.2014 for a "couple weeks".

Harris Bank is now accepting applications for two new consumer Diners Club MasterCards. There is no new account bonus or annual fee waiver. This thread discusses the cards benefits and rewards. Please click HERE to discuss the application process.

Premier $95 annual fee, $35 additional cards, EMV, No foreign transaction fee, Primary CDW, Airport lounge access, $1 = 1 point on all spending.

Elite $300 annual fee, $150 additional cards, EMV, No foreign transaction fees, Primary CDW, Trip Cancellation / Interruption reimbursement, Airport lounge access, $1 = 3 points for grocery stores, supermarkets, drug stores, pharmacies and automobile fuel service stations when you pay at the pump, $1 = 1 point otherwise.

Diners Club Rewards airline and hotel transfer partners are discussed in THIS thread.

Many of the card travel benefits are listed in the Promotions section of the website.

A form to request cards for Authorized Users is HERE.
A form to setup Automatic Payments is HERE.

Differences between the legacy Professional cards and the new Consumer cards:
  • Card type. Professional = charge card; Consumer = credit card
  • Foreign transaction fees. Professional 3%; Consumer 0.
  • CDW vehicle value cap. Professional = $75,000 (Diners) or $100,000 (Carte Blanche); Consumer = $50,000
  • Other insurance. On cursory examination there appears to be differences in the carriers and terms of the other coverages. The Consumer coverages may be a standard package arranged by MasterCard, while the Professional coverages may be inherited from Citi. Someone would need to read carefully side-by-side to find the differences.

Mint.com and PersonalCapital.com does NOT currently work with this card however I have confirmed that they will add it once they receive at least 5 requests to do so. So, for those that have the card and use these sites please send a support ticket asking them to add "Diners Club International" at the URL: https://www.bmoharriscreditcards.com...sumer/Login.do . ^

Between the Consumer (personal), Professional (legacy), and Corporate Cards there are a variety of contacts for various needs:

Cardmember Customer Service
1-800-2-DINERS (1-800-234-6377)
Outside the US: 1-514-877-1577

Internet Help Desk
1-877-263-5018 (Mon-Sun, 24 hours a day)

Club Rewards
Customer Contact Center: 1-800-234-4034 (Mon-Sun, 9 a.m. - 9 p.m. ET)

TTY Service for Hearing Impaired Customers

Professional and Consumer Cardmembers: 1-866-889-0889
Corporate Cardmembers (US and Canada): 1-866-859-2089
Corporate Cardmembers (Outside North America): 1-800-976-6037

Corporate Client Services: 1-800-964-9444 (Mon-Fri, 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET)

Corporate Sales Group: 1-800-999-9093 (Mon-Fri, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. ET)

Travel Management Companies
For inquiries and lead referrals please email [email protected]
or call 1-800-999-9093.

Payment Address

Diners Club Professional
P.O. Box 6012
Carol Stream, IL 60197-6012

Diners Club Commercial / Corporate
P.O. Box 5732
Carol Stream, IL 60197-5732

Diners Club Consumer
P.O. Box 6012
Carol Stream, IL 60197-6012

Overnight Payment Address
BancTec Inc.
2100 A Corporate Drive
Addison, IL 60101

Wire transfer payment information

Bank Name: BMO Harris Bank N.A.
Account #: 1982143000
Account Name: Diners Wire Payments
Address: 111 W. Monroe
Chicago, IL 60603
ABA: 071000288
Swift code: HATRUS44
Payable to: Harris/Diners Club (include name/account#)
Cutoff time is 2pm CT

Insurance - Inquiries and Claims
•MasterRental Coverage (Primary Collision Damage Waiver Coverage)
•Purchase Assurance and Extended Warranty
•Common Carrier Accidental Death and Dismemberment Benefits
•Hotel/motel Burglary Coverage
•Travel Assistance Services
•Travel Accident Insurance
•Flight Delay Coverage
•Baggage Delay Coverage
•Lost or Damaged Luggage Coverage
•Master Assist
(US): 1-800-MC-ASSIST (1-800-622-7747)
(Outside the US): 636-722-7111 (collect); or en Español: 1-800-633-4466

RoadAssist Roadside Services
1-877-764-3576
(Outside the US): 904-636-3647 (collect)

Collections
Professional: 1-888-551-4881 (Mon-Fri, 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. ET)
Corporate: 1-888-551-4667 (Mon-Fri, 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET)
Consumer: 1-888-551-4881 (Mon-Fri, 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. ET)
Print Wikipost

Two new Diners Club USA MasterCards. Applications suspended mid November 2014.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2014, 12:39 pm

Advertising

I now wonder if DC will start some public advertising for the new consumer cards?
Old Oct 2, 2014, 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by silver6054
One question though is the sensitivity to MS. Old Blue Amex seems to have no problem allowing $500K+ annually (and some do much much more). Will DC be so forgiving?
500k???

I shiver doing half of that, since it's obviously not profitable for the issuer....
Old Oct 2, 2014, 4:53 pm

Does anyone know if these consumer cards will report to the CB's?

As far as I understand the professional cards did not report, correct?
Old Oct 2, 2014, 8:22 pm

Programs: Anywhere I can ski...
Originally Posted by huntdealz123
500k???

I shiver doing half of that, since it's obviously not profitable for the issuer....
keep thinking that way ^, I'll try to triple dip that.
Old Oct 3, 2014, 11:59 pm

Programs: BA, AA, United
I have a Diners Professional card since 2000. I MS'ed about 150K+ in the last 12 months on this card. Not even once they denied any of my charges or called me to verify activity. They also waived the $95 fee earlier this year.
I would MS'ed more on this card, if I could have figured out WM BP for this card. I tried so many times and I was not able to BP this card at WM.
Since they didn't report my balance to the credit agencies, I liked the cash flow I got with this card.

Originally Posted by silver6054
One question though is the sensitivity to MS. Old Blue Amex seems to have no problem allowing $500K+ annually (and some do much much more). Will DC be so forgiving?
Old Oct 4, 2014, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Got this in the mail today:

The actual card will probably show up next week.
Old Oct 4, 2014, 6:49 pm

Programs: UA, VX, QF, EY, VA
Originally Posted by tmiw
The actual card will probably show up next week.
I think we've hit the holy grail with this card: easy to get, C+P, 0% FTF, interesting transfer partners (and awesome MS on the Elite for those that are into that sort of thing...

Still waiting on my PIN mailer (app'ed 29th, in SF so probably Monday).

I'm excited.

Last edited by mia; Oct 5, 2014 at 2:50 am
Old Oct 4, 2014, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by patrick.barnes
I think we've hit the holy grail with this card: easy to get, C+P, 0% FTF, interesting transfer partners (and awesome MS on the Elite for those that are into that sort of thing...

Still waiting on my PIN mailer (app'ed 29th, in SF so probably Monday).

I'm excited.
I think the AF is a bit overpriced (Premier should be $0 AF and Elite should be $95 IMO) but you do get lounge access at least. I'm probably going to call them today and see how one would change PIN, if it's possible. BoA does have chip enabled ATMs now so it should be possible in theory.
Old Oct 5, 2014, 3:02 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
I think the AF is a bit overpriced (Premier should be $0 ...
Why? Diners annual fee is pegged to match American Express Green. At $95 it certainly offers better value than that card, and for my circumstances it is superior to Chase Sapphire. Club Rewards transfers to every partner which participates in Chase Ultimate Rewards, except for UA. Most at the same 1:1 transfer ratio, some inferior, and some better. It also has many additional partners.
Old Oct 5, 2014, 3:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mia
Why? Diners annual fee is pegged to match American Express Green. At $95 it certainly offers better value than that card, and for my circumstances it is superior to Chase Sapphire. Club Rewards transfers to every partner which participates in Chase Ultimate Rewards, except for UA. Most at the same 1:1 transfer ratio, some inferior, and some better. It also has many additional partners.
I was basing it off of the earn rate mainly. $95/yr gets you 1pt/$ for all purchases. To get the 3pts/$ for gas, groceries, etc., you have to move up to the $300/yr card. Not sure the extra $200/yr is worth a couple of bonus categories, is all.

However, lounge access regardless of tier and true chip and PIN (plus primary rental coverage if you don't already have a card that has it such as the CSP) might be worth the $95 in and of itself. We'll see.
Old Oct 5, 2014, 4:03 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
... Not sure the extra $200/yr is worth a couple of bonus categories, .
I do agree that the Elite card is not priced correctly, but neither was the Carte Blanche version of the charge card. They need to add quite a bit more to justify a $300 annual fee.
Old Oct 5, 2014, 6:53 am

Originally Posted by mia
I do agree that the Elite card is not priced correctly, but neither was the Carte Blanche version of the charge card. They need to add quite a bit more to justify a $300 annual fee.
I'm happy with the Premier price point (though now Amex has the Everday for $0 AF), but I couldn't see sny justification for the Elite.

The insurance looks the same, the perks look the same, and the bonus categories are fine; but why not the obvious categories for DC: travel and dining.

In any case, I see less reason to use or carry the CSP with this card around.
Old Oct 5, 2014, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by patrick.barnes
The insurance looks the same, the perks look the same, and the bonus categories are fine; but why not the obvious categories for DC: travel and dining.
Category bonuses are designed by the card companies to get you to spend in categories where their research shows fewer people use that card.

It makes little sense, therefore, for a T&E card, which some people use only for travel & dining, to have a bonus for travel & dining.

Promos are designed by card companies to increase spending, not to give you more points for what already use the card for!!!
Old Oct 5, 2014, 10:38 am

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Category bonuses are designed by the card companies to get you to spend in categories where their research shows fewer people use that card.

It makes little sense, therefore, for a T&E card, which some people use only for travel & dining, to have a bonus for travel & dining.

Promos are designed by card companies to increase spending, not to give you more points for what already use the card for!!!
I understand that, but I'm comparing it to CSP at the same price point with bonuses in those categories.
Old Oct 5, 2014, 11:00 am

Programs: DL, SPG, UA.
Originally Posted by mia
Mia - for you is it the transfer partners or what that makes it superior to csp? I ask because the travel and dining bonus is a nice feature and two card seem to have very similar features.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.