Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Diners Club | Club Rewards
Reload this Page >

Harris Bank application process for new Consumer cards.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Harris Bank application process for new Consumer cards.

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2014, 11:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: Amex, JPMR, Nexus
Question Harris Bank application process for new Consumer cards.

Please help us assess the value of both cards and also, what is the difference between Consumer and Professional? Thank you.

P.S.: Got instantly approved for the Premier card. I do not see the justification for the difference in annual fee amount between the two cards at this time. Also, the application does not ask for an e-mail address, so I guess the CL awarded will be a surprise (good or bad lol).

Last edited by greglvnv; Sep 27, 2014 at 11:42 am Reason: Approved application
Old Sep 27, 2014, 12:24 pm
Original Poster

I just called them and they matched my highest CL showing on my CR. I am very happy about that as you can imagine. If you wonder, they pulled TransUnion only and my credit score is 780.
Old Sep 27, 2014, 8:59 pm

Programs: AA 2MM
CS agents just confirmed that they will not simply convert an existing Professional Diners Club card into a Consumer Premier card; a brand new application is required. They cited "regulatory reasons." Such a convenient conversion option would have been of interest as, as cited above, the latter card for the same AF hasno forex transaction fee. It was further explained that Professional cards are merely grandfathered from Citi and their features/benefits will "never" change.
Old Sep 27, 2014, 11:35 pm

Programs: UA, VX, QF, EY, VA
Anyone know why the application asks for spousal income and details? Seems strange.
Old Sep 28, 2014, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by marcos123
CS agents just confirmed that they will not simply convert an existing Professional Diners Club card into a Consumer Premier card; a brand new application is required. They cited "regulatory reasons." Such a convenient conversion option would have been of interest as, as cited above, the latter card for the same AF hasno forex transaction fee. It was further explained that Professional cards are merely grandfathered from Citi and their features/benefits will "never" change.
Ok, but what about if you already have Professional and also get the Premier?
  • Do you get a reduced AF on the second card?
  • Can you link both cards to the same Club Rewards account?
  • Can you then cancel your Professional card (if you wish) and your Club Rewards account (that originated on the Professional card) continues on your new card?
Old Sep 28, 2014, 3:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by patrick.barnes
Anyone know why the application asks for spousal income and details? Seems strange.
So they can legally pursue repayment of community debt from your spouse in case you default.
Old Sep 28, 2014, 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by greglvnv
So they can legally pursue repayment of community debt from your spouse in case you default.
They can do that anyway, without asking for their SSN, income, etc.

I've never seen a non-joint app with these questions. It's unclear if they're going to issue a joint card or not.
Old Sep 28, 2014, 8:21 pm
Original Poster

I think the spouse's info is only to facilitate collection but will not make it a joint account. I only saw similar questions for Wisconsin applicants but not all community property states. Glad never shared credit with my ex, that made the split easy.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 11:46 am

In addition to what other posters have stated regarding joint liability,etc., I think it also address a spouse who does not work but is relying on their spouses income.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 1:13 pm

Any way to check application status? I applied online, and got the 7-10 day message. There was a phone number in there, but it did not give me an option to check application status after I called.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by SteveT
In addition to what other posters have stated regarding joint liability,etc., I think it also address a spouse who does not work but is relying on their spouses income.
FWIW, I app'ed for science. Just a TU HP on my CR (didn't even SP spouse).

No instant approval despite a solid CR (768) and high income. Got a 7-15 day message. We'll see what turns up, but I assume a decline.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 3:47 pm

Applied for the Elite last night for the wife....high income and an 811 FICO. Instant approval, said the card would ship in 3 business days and we would receive it within 7-10.
I've been telling my wife for month's that I wish a card with good bonus categories that transfer to Alaska (everything else for us is gravy) would come along.

The other airlines partners and hotel partners for us are extra, just super excited for the Alaska transfer.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 7:31 pm

Programs: AA, AS, DL, VX, HH, Marriott, SPG
I applied for the Premier ($95 AF) the other day. Instant approved. Called in the following day and after verification was told my limit was $25k ($5k higher than my highest limits). Pulled TU (778 Fico), 2 inq, 2 year AAoA (thanks Citi), no negs, tons of new accts, $75k income.
Old Sep 30, 2014, 10:33 am

So... Just had a second pull on EX from BMO 2 days after the initial TU pull.

Not happy about that... Hope it was worth it.
Old Sep 30, 2014, 1:01 pm

So... Just had a second pull on EX from BMO 2 days after the initial TU pull.

Not happy about that... Hope it was worth it.
well hopefully you get approved. I applied on Sunday and received the 7-15 pending message also but till today I have not had a 2nd HP from them. I rather just get flat out denied with only 1 TU pull because I have lots of inquiries (30+) on EX and only 4 (counting this one on TU).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.