Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Diners Club | Club Rewards
Reload this Page >

Two new Diners Club USA MasterCards. Applications suspended mid November 2014.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 27, 2014, 4:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: eajusa
Applications suspended 11.13.2014 for a "couple weeks".

Harris Bank is now accepting applications for two new consumer Diners Club MasterCards. There is no new account bonus or annual fee waiver. This thread discusses the cards benefits and rewards. Please click HERE to discuss the application process.

Premier $95 annual fee, $35 additional cards, EMV, No foreign transaction fee, Primary CDW, Airport lounge access, $1 = 1 point on all spending.

Elite $300 annual fee, $150 additional cards, EMV, No foreign transaction fees, Primary CDW, Trip Cancellation / Interruption reimbursement, Airport lounge access, $1 = 3 points for grocery stores, supermarkets, drug stores, pharmacies and automobile fuel service stations when you pay at the pump, $1 = 1 point otherwise.

Diners Club Rewards airline and hotel transfer partners are discussed in THIS thread.

Many of the card travel benefits are listed in the Promotions section of the website.

A form to request cards for Authorized Users is HERE.
A form to setup Automatic Payments is HERE.

Differences between the legacy Professional cards and the new Consumer cards:
  • Card type. Professional = charge card; Consumer = credit card
  • Foreign transaction fees. Professional 3%; Consumer 0.
  • CDW vehicle value cap. Professional = $75,000 (Diners) or $100,000 (Carte Blanche); Consumer = $50,000
  • Other insurance. On cursory examination there appears to be differences in the carriers and terms of the other coverages. The Consumer coverages may be a standard package arranged by MasterCard, while the Professional coverages may be inherited from Citi. Someone would need to read carefully side-by-side to find the differences.

Mint.com and PersonalCapital.com does NOT currently work with this card however I have confirmed that they will add it once they receive at least 5 requests to do so. So, for those that have the card and use these sites please send a support ticket asking them to add "Diners Club International" at the URL: https://www.bmoharriscreditcards.com...sumer/Login.do . ^

Between the Consumer (personal), Professional (legacy), and Corporate Cards there are a variety of contacts for various needs:

Cardmember Customer Service
1-800-2-DINERS (1-800-234-6377)
Outside the US: 1-514-877-1577

Internet Help Desk
1-877-263-5018 (Mon-Sun, 24 hours a day)

Club Rewards
Customer Contact Center: 1-800-234-4034 (Mon-Sun, 9 a.m. - 9 p.m. ET)

TTY Service for Hearing Impaired Customers

Professional and Consumer Cardmembers: 1-866-889-0889
Corporate Cardmembers (US and Canada): 1-866-859-2089
Corporate Cardmembers (Outside North America): 1-800-976-6037

Corporate Client Services: 1-800-964-9444 (Mon-Fri, 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET)

Corporate Sales Group: 1-800-999-9093 (Mon-Fri, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. ET)

Travel Management Companies
For inquiries and lead referrals please email [email protected]
or call 1-800-999-9093.

Payment Address

Diners Club Professional
P.O. Box 6012
Carol Stream, IL 60197-6012

Diners Club Commercial / Corporate
P.O. Box 5732
Carol Stream, IL 60197-5732

Diners Club Consumer
P.O. Box 6012
Carol Stream, IL 60197-6012

Overnight Payment Address
BancTec Inc.
2100 A Corporate Drive
Addison, IL 60101

Wire transfer payment information

Bank Name: BMO Harris Bank N.A.
Account #: 1982143000
Account Name: Diners Wire Payments
Address: 111 W. Monroe
Chicago, IL 60603
ABA: 071000288
Swift code: HATRUS44
Payable to: Harris/Diners Club (include name/account#)
Cutoff time is 2pm CT

Insurance - Inquiries and Claims
•MasterRental Coverage (Primary Collision Damage Waiver Coverage)
•Purchase Assurance and Extended Warranty
•Common Carrier Accidental Death and Dismemberment Benefits
•Hotel/motel Burglary Coverage
•Travel Assistance Services
•Travel Accident Insurance
•Flight Delay Coverage
•Baggage Delay Coverage
•Lost or Damaged Luggage Coverage
•Master Assist
(US): 1-800-MC-ASSIST (1-800-622-7747)
(Outside the US): 636-722-7111 (collect); or en Español: 1-800-633-4466

RoadAssist Roadside Services
1-877-764-3576
(Outside the US): 904-636-3647 (collect)

Collections
Professional: 1-888-551-4881 (Mon-Fri, 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. ET)
Corporate: 1-888-551-4667 (Mon-Fri, 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET)
Consumer: 1-888-551-4881 (Mon-Fri, 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. ET)
Print Wikipost

Two new Diners Club USA MasterCards. Applications suspended mid November 2014.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2014, 8:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Any idea how one can enable text alerts for various transactions? Seems like they're email only so far and mostly for credit limit and not individual transactions.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 8:12 pm

Programs: SW CP, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by atxtravel
The beancounters at DC have no idea what kind of can of whoopass they opened up. Anyone who can do $20k+ in the bonus category can be awash with cheap alaskan, hyatt, etc.. points. I could fly first class just about anywhere for $250-500 in MS costs.
+1 Totally agree.
20K/month on this card is totally doable.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by patrick.barnes
The online interface says online payments are coming Nov 6.
Thanks for posting this info.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by atxtravel
The beancounters at DC have no idea what kind of can of whoopass they opened up. Anyone who can do $20k+ in the bonus category can be awash with cheap alaskan, hyatt, etc.. points. I could fly first class just about anywhere for $250-500 in MS costs.
Yes and let's not forget getting 1.8 Starpoints per dollar, too. I am pretty sure they'll eventually put a cap on the bonus category spend. Until then, it's time to make hay while the sun shines!
Old Oct 10, 2014, 8:45 pm

Programs: UA, VX, QF, EY, VA
Originally Posted by tarakcih
Yes and let's not forget getting 1.8 Starpoints per dollar, too. I am pretty sure they'll eventually put a cap on the bonus category spend. Until then, it's time to make hay while the sun shines!
I'm pretty sure they know. Why else would they choose these categories on an "Elite" travel card?
Old Oct 10, 2014, 9:00 pm

I'm pretty sure they know. Why else would they choose these categories on an "Elite" travel card?
Agree. There aren't many people participating in this discussion, which leads me to believe people feel that the card is over priced.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 9:05 pm

Originally Posted by ftomasze
Agree. There aren't many people participating in this discussion, which leads me to believe people feel that the card is over priced.
I think you might be right. The lack of a signup bonus as well the (seemingly) no credit card blog affiliate program might mean we'll be safe (ignored) for some time
Old Oct 10, 2014, 9:17 pm

I think you might be right. The lack of a signup bonus as well the (seemingly) no credit card blog affiliate program might mean we'll be safe (ignored) for some time
Lol! A couple of bloggers have acknowledged the card (TPG, FM, View from the Wing) but none are really pumping it. Most of their readers, I presume, aren't looking for a card with #1 no sign up bonus #2 hefty AF. Makes me happy.

It'll def be interesting to see how this card pans out over the next year.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 10:02 pm

Anybody that has received their card see anything on their "dashboard" in regards to the Club Rewards?

Also, on a side note I'm somewhat happy that the bloggers are not endlessly pimping out this card. Hopefully the 3x with no cap will continue for some time.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 11:00 pm

Originally Posted by cvhatton
Anybody that has received their card see anything on their "dashboard" in regards to the Club Rewards?

Also, on a side note I'm somewhat happy that the bloggers are not endlessly pimping out this card. Hopefully the 3x with no cap will continue for some time.
I don't have the card yet, but this may help.

https://www.clubrewardsus.com/consum...C&ext_cat=7724
Old Oct 11, 2014, 12:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Can any FTers help me?

I like to have a DC (Premier). The only issue is the AF is too high and I have an AMEX Platinum, which covers most of the DC benefits anyway.

I am not a MS person, so I am okay without opening bonus.

My question is is it practical to apply for one?
Old Oct 11, 2014, 1:51 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
These are the traditional categories that card issuers use to encourage customers to keep the card in their wallets all the times because, for the most part, purchases are made in person. I wouldn't make any assumptions, one way or the other, about Harris Bank's knowledge of Manufactured Spending.
Old Oct 11, 2014, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by ftomasze
I don't have the card yet, but this may help.

https://www.clubrewardsus.com/consum...C&ext_cat=7724

Appreciate the help but I have been to that site (many times checking out the redemptions) and when you hit the log in button it routes you back to the Diners Club page to log into your card account. I log in and see nothing on my dashboard or anywhere about Club Rewards.
I have a few charges pending and am going to wait until they post to see if once they post and I have actually starting earning Club Rewards that a link shows up. If not I will fire off a secure message.
Just curious what others with the card are/are not seeing.
Old Oct 11, 2014, 7:10 pm

I don't have a business card so I am not 100% about the details of the Ink/Office Depot etc. method but I believe the $200 card costs $5.95 and you get 1,000 points for that $6. With Diner's club, buying a $500 gift card at Kroger's gets you 1,500 points for the same $6.

Also, Alaska allows you to add a free stopover to any American Airlines international trip; so you can do things like CDG-DFW (stopover for a few months)- HNL for 20,000 miles in low season. Alaskan policy is actually better than American's old policy when it used to allow stopovers: you don't need to stop over at an International Gateway city!

Oh and last but not least you can transfer points to Choice Hotels and Best Western at a pretty decent rate. This allows you to book a hotel at the center of virtually any big city in the world (and many many small towns in the US) for a maximum of $54 with Best Western and $66 with Choice Hotels even in peak season doing the $6 per $500 gift card route at Kroger. I am perfectly fine staying at these kinds of hotels.

So, yes, I believe you are missing quite a bit
If I were you I would stop selling it to others with facts one can easily find on the web and keep this thing going as long as possible. We don't need another mainstream blogger.
Old Oct 11, 2014, 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by clp311
If I were you I would stop selling it to others with facts one can easily find on the web and keep this thing going as long as possible. We don't need another mainstream blogger.
They already know. They won't pump the cards unless they get paid to.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.