Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 12, 2014, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
As an additional resource for these cards see this thread: Alaska Airlines Visa

PERSONAL CARDS
30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...s-credit-card/
+2k miles if done with onboard paper application

30k mile offer with $100 credit and fee for companion ticket waived the first year, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4020594
link no longer working

30k mile offer with $100 credit, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4009277
link no longer working

If you are applying for a personal Alaska card, and are not an expert on applying for Alaska cards STOP, don't apply yet.
Instead, read this post. Doing that first may save you a huge amount of wasted time and frustration.

A few people in the Alaska Airlines forum have in the past received personally targeted, single-use links for a 50k offer
when they opt-in to "Partner Offers" in their Mileage Plan account preferences.

=======================================

BUSINESS CARDS

30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend, no foreign transaction fees:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/smallb...-credit-card//

Note: There are two different earning formats for the business card, which you choose when you apply:
  • $50 per company, $25 per card (Business Level Earning Plan)
    • $0 per company, $75 per card (Individual Level Earning Plan)

To avoid billing confusion later, make sure you choose the Individual Level Earning Plan if you are not going to have employee cards under the same account as your account.

Also see the Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated] thread (not-BofA-specific) for general tips on applying for business cards.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reconsideration # (for personal cards):

1-800-354-0401 (8am-7pm ET Mon-Fri) direct, referring agent from another BofA line called it their "credit department"

1-866-811-4108 from the Alaska Airlines Visa thread post 949

Business card Recon Line:
866-695-6598 (8-7 EST M-F from what I was told)

Biz card status line: 888 663 6262
Biz Card credit analyst line: 877 665 5022, 877 665 5023 (seems to be non-working number)

Check application status online here:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...status-form.go

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Enquiries for Personal cards come from BofA. Enquiries for business cards come from FIA. Credit bureaus usually merge enquiries from the same requester made on the same day. Enquiries from BofA and FIA will not be merged.

When do the initial bonus miles post? You will get the miles after the statement closes for the cycle in which you meet your minimum spend. Usually AS points show up the Sunday evening after your statement closes, but sometimes it takes an additional week.

If there's a statement credit, when does it post?
It seems to be batch-processed. It will post automatically. Can be on the same statement or the next statement. It does not appear to be based on the statement close date.
.................................................. .................
Print Wikipost

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2016, 2:57 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
Delete

Last edited by cce5858; Oct 9, 2016 at 11:06 pm
Old Sep 21, 2016, 8:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dmd149
Are you worried that if the master account doesn't disappear you won't get the 2nd bonus? I have not received the 2nd bonus yet but the 1st statement hasn't closed yet.
I know that at Citi that used to mean "no bonus" for most people. I have no clue whether that was limited to Citi or whether BofA works similarly.
So in that sense I am worried.

However, I'm not yet ready to apply for my 2nd AS business card yet. So I'm only "abstractly" worried at this moment.

Last edited by sdsearch; Sep 21, 2016 at 8:17 pm
Old Sep 21, 2016, 8:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cce5858
If AF is refunded upon cancellation after 3 months as a courtesy of BofA Business Card, do I have to worry about AS auditing me and claiming I did not pay my annual fee? I paid it back in May, and today when I cancelled, he offered to send me a check for $75. I am worried that my AS MileagePlan will get flagged so I kept asking if need to worry since it will appear as if I didnt pay the fee. He said I have nothing to worry because it is a courtesy of BofA, but online it shows Annual Fee Refund. Should I be concerned?
If you do it once, I'd not have any worries.

If you do it now and then, but earn AS miles other ways (AS dining, actual paid AS flights, etc) too, I'd not have any worries.

If you do it repeatedly and earn no AS miles any other way, then that's when I might start to worry.

I don't even know if AS will know your annual fee got refunded. AS doesn't see checks that BofA sends you. However, they do see how often you earn signup bonuses, so that's where I might worry if you are doing this repeatedly at this rate and yet earn AS miles no other way.

(I myself do take AS flights here and there, and do use AS dining here and there. So I'm not worried myself at getting 3 or 4 AS cards a year.)
Old Sep 21, 2016, 11:11 pm

looking to get another BOA AS CC, but now have 3 BOA AS personal CC in possession (which means i need to cancel one of them first before applying, i think)

* when it is safe to apply for a new BOA AS CC after canceling? 2 weeks? 4 weeks?
* am i right that BOA AS business card would not appear as a new account on credit report if i apply for this? i know it doesnt come with a $100 statement credit, but i guess this approach would be good to work towards a < 5/24 situation
Old Sep 22, 2016, 11:47 am

Programs: 747 Upper Deck QF J LAX-BNE; A380 SQ SuiteC+D SYD-SIN & SIN-HKG; 777 CX F HKG-JFK; Park Hyatt Sydney
Originally Posted by Ed Janowsky
6/21/16
Just approved for the 30K business card and the 30K personal signature with the $100 credit. I had to call in on the personal because I had Experian frozen with its eleventy-seven inquiries. Next the business card was auto-approved for $9500.

She pulled Equifax at my request for the personal card and quickly approved me for the same $7800 I was approved for 91 days ago using my TU report which was 772 at the time. Today's EQ is 800+. My first business card was auto-approved for $10,000 91 days ago using the EQ report which was around 785 at the time. Good thing I lowered those limits to $1000 each seven weeks ago.

I only spent a total of $8.10 on the business card and only $1063 the first month on the personal card and $38 on it last month.

THANK YOU BoA!
Well I did it again. After waiting 92 & 93 days, I've just been approved for one more personal and another business. 34 days ago I lowered credit limits on business #2 and personal #2 to $1000 each. Yesterday, just like my first two business cards, I was instantly approved (FIA always pulls EDIT: EQ for me). This time for $9500. And today I was approved at $13K for the personal after calling in exactly like last time. Only met the minimum spending requirement on each card #2.

Last edited by Ed Janowsky; Sep 25, 2016 at 7:33 pm
Old Sep 22, 2016, 7:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well I did it again. After waiting 92 & 93 days, I've just been approved for one more personal and another business. 34 days ago I lowered credit limits on business #2 and personal #2 to $1000 each. Yesterday, just like my first two business cards, I was instantly approved (FIA always pulls TU for me). This time for $9500. And today I was approved at $13K for the personal after calling in exactly like last time. Only met the minimum spending requirement on each card #2.
So you're able to get a second business card without closing the previous one? How many business cards do you have now (1 or 2 or 3)? Does each new business card appear in the same "corporate account" as the previous one, or it does create a new "corporate account" too?
Old Sep 22, 2016, 8:35 pm

I have five concurrent business cards open for my business, each one has its own corporate account. 4 were opened in one go, the fifth during the checking account promo at the end of last year.
Old Sep 22, 2016, 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by ukinny2000
I have five concurrent business cards open for my business, each one has its own corporate account. 4 were opened in one go, the fifth during the checking account promo at the end of last year.
When you applied did you use the same SS#/EIN per app or were those unique too?
Old Sep 22, 2016, 10:43 pm

Programs: 747 Upper Deck QF J LAX-BNE; A380 SQ SuiteC+D SYD-SIN & SIN-HKG; 777 CX F HKG-JFK; Park Hyatt Sydney
Originally Posted by sdsearch
So you're able to get a second business card without closing the previous one? How many business cards do you have now (1 or 2 or 3)? Does each new business card appear in the same "corporate account" as the previous one, or it does create a new "corporate account" too?
Yes, I was able to get a second business card without closing the first, plus a third business card without closing the first or the second. So I now have three business cards each with its own separate "newly created" corporate account even though I used the exact same SSN and EIN each time.
Old Sep 22, 2016, 10:44 pm

I applied today. No luck on the personal card. Maybe 2 is my limit with these guys.
Old Sep 22, 2016, 11:01 pm

Well I did it again. After waiting 92 & 93 days, I've just been approved for one more personal and another business. 34 days ago I lowered credit limits on business #2 and personal #2 to $1000 each. Yesterday, just like my first two business cards, I was instantly approved (FIA always pulls TU for me). This time for $9500. And today I was approved at $13K for the personal after calling in exactly like last time. Only met the minimum spending requirement on each card #2.
congrats! so am i getting it right that the AS BOA Business pulls TU for you, but AS BOA Personal pulls EX for you?

i m thinking of freezing my experian too before doing this app. did the recon person ask you why you freeze your EX?
Old Sep 22, 2016, 11:08 pm

Originally Posted by gnomey
congrats! so am i getting it right that the AS BOA Business pulls TU for you, but AS BOA Personal pulls EX for you?
EDIT: Oops! I meant business only pulls EQ. It shows up as FIA. Personal always tries EX.

i m thinking of freezing my experian too before doing this app. did the recon person ask you why you freeze your EX?
No they never ask why. All they ask is which other one you want them to pull.

Last edited by Ed Janowsky; Sep 25, 2016 at 7:36 pm
Old Sep 22, 2016, 11:13 pm

Yes that's correct.
No they never ask why. All they ask is which other one you want them to pull.

ok thanks. so am i understanding right that your tally now is 3 AS Biz and 3 AS Personal?

i have 3 AS Personal but zero AS Business now. i should probably cancel one of the AS Personal now, then maybe wait 10 days, then apply again.

but then again, maybe i should get AS Business to avoid it being a record against 5/24 (which i m way over)

the SSN/EIN number - did you just put your SSN as both numbers?
Old Sep 22, 2016, 11:16 pm

ok thanks. so am i understanding right that your tally now is 3 AS Biz and 3 AS Personal?
Yes that's correct.

the SSN/EIN number - did you just put your SSN as both numbers?
See below.
Old Sep 22, 2016, 11:17 pm

Yes, I was able to get a second business card without closing the first, plus a third business card without closing the first or the second. So I now have three business cards each with its own separate "newly created" corporate account even though I used the exact same SSN and EIN each time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.