Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 12, 2014, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
As an additional resource for these cards see this thread: Alaska Airlines Visa

PERSONAL CARDS
30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...s-credit-card/
+2k miles if done with onboard paper application

30k mile offer with $100 credit and fee for companion ticket waived the first year, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4020594
link no longer working

30k mile offer with $100 credit, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4009277
link no longer working

If you are applying for a personal Alaska card, and are not an expert on applying for Alaska cards STOP, don't apply yet.
Instead, read this post. Doing that first may save you a huge amount of wasted time and frustration.

A few people in the Alaska Airlines forum have in the past received personally targeted, single-use links for a 50k offer
when they opt-in to "Partner Offers" in their Mileage Plan account preferences.

=======================================

BUSINESS CARDS

30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend, no foreign transaction fees:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/smallb...-credit-card//

Note: There are two different earning formats for the business card, which you choose when you apply:
  • $50 per company, $25 per card (Business Level Earning Plan)
    • $0 per company, $75 per card (Individual Level Earning Plan)

To avoid billing confusion later, make sure you choose the Individual Level Earning Plan if you are not going to have employee cards under the same account as your account.

Also see the Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated] thread (not-BofA-specific) for general tips on applying for business cards.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reconsideration # (for personal cards):

1-800-354-0401 (8am-7pm ET Mon-Fri) direct, referring agent from another BofA line called it their "credit department"

1-866-811-4108 from the Alaska Airlines Visa thread post 949

Business card Recon Line:
866-695-6598 (8-7 EST M-F from what I was told)

Biz card status line: 888 663 6262
Biz Card credit analyst line: 877 665 5022, 877 665 5023 (seems to be non-working number)

Check application status online here:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...status-form.go

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Enquiries for Personal cards come from BofA. Enquiries for business cards come from FIA. Credit bureaus usually merge enquiries from the same requester made on the same day. Enquiries from BofA and FIA will not be merged.

When do the initial bonus miles post? You will get the miles after the statement closes for the cycle in which you meet your minimum spend. Usually AS points show up the Sunday evening after your statement closes, but sometimes it takes an additional week.

If there's a statement credit, when does it post?
It seems to be batch-processed. It will post automatically. Can be on the same statement or the next statement. It does not appear to be based on the statement close date.
.................................................. .................
Print Wikipost

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2016, 12:10 pm

applied for another one for my spouse, and got 2900 CL.
then applied again, got denied due to duplicate applicaiton

called to ask for approval for the second application, denied, so I canceled the first application.

I guess hard to argue again. If I apply for another BoA card, like Better balance rewards, will all the hard pulls combined?
Old Sep 1, 2016, 12:52 pm

Programs: Lotz
oops!

Last edited by tassojunior; Sep 1, 2016 at 2:07 pm
Old Sep 1, 2016, 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by tassojunior
oops!
This is the Alaska Airlines thread
Old Sep 1, 2016, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nkp46
applied for another one for my spouse, and got 2900 CL.
then applied again, got denied due to duplicate applicaiton

called to ask for approval for the second application, denied, so I canceled the first application.

I guess hard to argue again. If I apply for another BoA card, like Better balance rewards, will all the hard pulls combined?
Read a few posts above yours. People who keep cancelling cards that get low CLs are finding that the counts against them for a quite a while after that in new applications. (The CL from a cancelled account apparently is not available to new cards for a year or more at BofA, based on one of the posts from the past day or two.)

So if keep applying, keep getting low CL, and then cancelling, then stop applying, or it'll never end!

With all this in mind, it seems much better, when getting a card with low CL, to recon and see if there's any way (including moving credit from another BofA card you still have open) to get it raised up to $5k CL, and start the two month process to elevate it to a Signature. That may be an annoying process, but apparently it's a better-long term process than constantly cancelling cards that get too low a CL.
Old Sep 2, 2016, 2:29 pm

Anybody know if I can book a companion ticket, but get separate receipts (so that I can be reimbursed from my work etc.)?
Old Sep 2, 2016, 5:09 pm

Programs: PetCo Pals Rewards
Originally Posted by mrtimo
Anybody know if I can book a companion ticket, but get separate receipts (so that I can be reimbursed from my work etc.)?

The Alaska receipt email breaks it down as total for pax 1, and total for pax 2. Where pax1 is the full price and pax 2 is the discounted amount. Would that be enough for reimbursement?
Old Sep 2, 2016, 5:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by aza72
The Alaska receipt email breaks it down as total for pax 1, and total for pax 2. Where pax1 is the full price and pax 2 is the discounted amount. Would that be enough for reimbursement?
That and the charges are separate in credit card, so you can try with statement too.
Old Sep 2, 2016, 10:09 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Read a few posts above yours. People who keep cancelling cards that get low CLs are finding that the counts against them for a quite a while after that in new applications. (The CL from a cancelled account apparently is not available to new cards for a year or more at BofA, based on one of the posts from the past day or two.)

So if keep applying, keep getting low CL, and then cancelling, then stop applying, or it'll never end!

With all this in mind, it seems much better, when getting a card with low CL, to recon and see if there's any way (including moving credit from another BofA card you still have open) to get it raised up to $5k CL, and start the two month process to elevate it to a Signature. That may be an annoying process, but apparently it's a better-long term process than constantly cancelling cards that get too low a CL.
How about lowering credit limit to $500 and then cancelling?
Old Sep 3, 2016, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by michael_v
How about lowering credit limit to $500 and then cancelling?
I'm not sure if they'll let you lower the credit limit to just $500. (I don't know what the minimum is for a BofA Plat, but it's at least $1k for a BofA Signature, maybe even more.)

I'm also not sure how long you have to wait after lowering the credit limit to cancel (to make sure the lowered credit limit will be reflected after cancelling). Probably not on the same call, probably at least a day later. (I've always left at least one week between lowering credit limit and cancelling.)
Old Sep 3, 2016, 3:44 pm

Location: EWR Ionosphere Club, LAX Clipper Club, Still Traveling Global, yearly BIS miles
Programs: EAL Silver Wings, I-Club, Flying Colonels DL, WorldPass PLat from the olde Meatball and PE SMARTbank
are biz and personel HP combined?
Old Sep 3, 2016, 6:35 pm

I'm not sure if they'll let you lower the credit limit to just $500. (I don't know what the minimum is for a BofA Plat, but it's at least $1k for a BofA Signature, maybe even more.)

I'm also not sure how long you have to wait after lowering the credit limit to cancel (to make sure the lowered credit limit will be reflected after cancelling). Probably not on the same call, probably at least a day later. (I've always left at least one week between lowering credit limit and cancelling.)
Thanks for reminding me, I need to lower the limits on two AS cards before applying for a new one and then canceling the two year old cards where the AF just posted for both.
Old Sep 3, 2016, 7:18 pm

Originally Posted by Superorb
I need to lower the limits on two AS cards before applying for a new one
I always get the credit limit lowered right away once I get a new credit card,
to get it out of the way, to not forget to do so - then I'm all set when it's time for a new application.
Old Sep 3, 2016, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by muji
I always get the credit limit lowered right away once I get a new credit card,
to get it out of the way, to not forget to do so - then I'm all set when it's time for a new application.
I may need a bit more credit limit while doing the required minimum spend (especially if doing it all in one month) than I would ever need later. So that's why I tend to wait until I'm done with the minimum spend. (My experience is that it's better to keep your per-car utilization to no more than 30%, so if doing the $1000ish spend all in one month, you might need about $3500 CL. But you could lower it half of that with on issues if you lower it after you're done with that.

Of course, that brings up the question: Has anyone ever successfully lowered the CL on one card twice, once to something "reasonable" upon activation and then a second time to something "as low as possible" after completing the minimum spend? I don't know offhand if that's possible or not at BofA (within the first year).
Old Sep 3, 2016, 9:00 pm

Has anyone ever successfully lowered the CL on one card twice, once to something "reasonable" upon activation and then a second time to something "as low as possible" after completing the minimum spend? I don't know offhand if that's possible or not at BofA (within the first year).
By coincidence, I did that very thing just today. Lowered the credit limits on my four BofAm cards.

Can't recall the initial credit limits I got on these cards, but probably something like $10-11k per card. After I activated each card (this was over a period of the past 2-6 months), I got the limits down to $5,000 per card, and just today lowered them to $3,000 per card.
Old Sep 4, 2016, 12:04 pm

A question to everybody. I applied two BOA Alaska visa signature cards about 2 months ago with the 30k points offer. One card was approved immediately and the other was approved a few days later after a call. Both cards have the same Alaska reward account # that was automatically created by BOA. For the 1st card, I received the spending points at the 1st statement and both the spending and the bonus points at the second statement. For both times, the points were posted to my Alaska reward account the same day as the credit card statement dates. For the 2nd card, I received the spending points at the 1st statement (posted at the same day). On the 2nd statement, it shows I have earned both the spending points and the bonus points. However, it is already a week after the 2nd statement date and I have not seen any point posted to my Alaska reward account. Anybody has similar experience? Is it because I have two new cards associated with the same Alaska reward account so that they won't issue the 2nd bonus to my account (even though the points are shown on my statement)? Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.