Who we all are

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Who we all are

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2015, 4:07 pm

Programs: AA
Been lurking for a bit and posting for the last couple of weeks--seems like a really great community, happy to be hanging around it.

I'm SFO-based, I used to do a lot of travel for my job, during which time I racked up a few hundred thousand AA miles, although I wasn't trying to maximize anything, never reached elite status, etc. Now that I've started paying a lot more attention, it happens that I have a job that doesn't call for travel. But I am in a long-distance relationship and thinking that if I put my mind to it I can probably at least hit AA gold for the first time ever this year. Baby steps!
Old Jan 18, 2015, 9:03 am

Programs: Virgin Australia
Another Aussie

I just joined up this morning (The joy of night shift) etc etc etc. Ive seena few forums relating to aviation but mainly followed the military side of things (Ex Military and yes old habits die hard ) Thought this might be the place to learn some new things and also a good way to meet people and have fun. 44 years young, traveled most of my life, last holiday was to HK and Vietnam last year with my better half. Vietnam - what an amazing place.

Anyway enough dribble from me and im sure my basic details can already be seen to the left of my name ?

Thanks
Old Jan 19, 2015, 2:23 pm

Hello everyone,
I just discovered this forum and it seems like a real bible for travelers! I am Romain, 23 y-o, from France and I'm studying international business in a master organized by 4 countries in Europe (Italy, France, Germany and Spain), so I'm glad to combine studies and travel!

About that, I am writing a master thesis and would need a little help to complete it... I know it's not very funny to fill in questionnaires, but your contribution would help me a lot! It's about co-creation in travel services, and of course responses remain anonymous and only used for my work! Link below:

http://www.sphinxonline.net/embs6/co...stionnaire.htm

Thanks a lot in advance and keep travelling (for the curious, my master in called European Master in Business Studies - EMBS)

Romain
Old Jan 23, 2015, 8:50 am

I've been lurking in the Miles & Points threads for about two years, and finally made an account 6 months ago. I only recently discovered the community threads so here's my "intro."

I'm an attorney living in the D.C. area. I recently switched employment settings and am looking forward to taking advantage of a more flexible schedule by logging several international trips this year. I typically hate flying, but the tips and tricks I've learned here concerning upgrades and lounge access have made flying much more enjoyable.
Old Jan 24, 2015, 9:32 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
wow, this thread has been here since 1998! I just discovered this community, even though i'm an avid traveler, i'm not that savvy so i stumbled into this site while trying to search for flight deals. I'm from Mexico, living in Canada for the last 6 years. I have lived in many countries and love to learn about other cultures. There is few countries I wouldn't visit since I love adventure!
Old Jan 27, 2015, 8:56 am

Programs: AA PLT Pro, Marriott Lifetime PLT
Originally Posted by nittanylion1
Hi there! I'm newish to the forums (lurker for a long while). I'm from Sarasota, FL.

As far as traveling, I'm a piker compared to most of you. We have two kiddos who are getting to the age where they're appreciating seeing different parts of the country. We have aspirations to visit friends on Kauai next year.

It's good to be here and I greatly appreciate everyone sharing their wisdom!
I'll take a shot in the dark and say you're a fellow Penn Stater. We Are!

Welcome to FT
Old Feb 5, 2015, 12:38 am

Introduction thread

Hi all,
I am a newbie and I am glad to be here. I am looking forward for all the benevolent aspects that are to be adhered from the relative forum.
Old Feb 8, 2015, 7:12 am

Hi, my name is Mike I run an advertising agency and a Coffeeshop my Hobbies are Travelling and since this year Blogging I have a Video-Blog which is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcND...ayCBCEsKfnKnWS

and a travel blog which is
www.travel-love.org

Mike
Old Feb 8, 2015, 4:53 pm

Hey everyone. New here and looking forward to checking out the forum.
Old Feb 14, 2015, 6:06 am

Hi everyone, I'm new here, my name is Alex and from Manchester in the UK. Really looking forward to reading and posting with you guys.
Old Feb 15, 2015, 12:04 pm

Phoenix Area Newbie

Hi All,
I have been a lurker and a member for several years now. As the time is getting closer to retirement , I am looking to find folks that would like to discuss how they leverage travel deals, both domestic and international, from the Phoenix area and where to start looking. Feel free to reach out and say hello!
Old Feb 24, 2015, 5:58 am

Hello all. I'm a golf professional who used to travel frequently, however, thanks to a broken wrist, I have been grounded the last two years, and lost status. Ugh.

Looking forward to getting back in the air and planning for a trip to Scotland this spring. Came to get some advice on the flight and found this thread! So, hello!
Old Mar 2, 2015, 3:11 pm
nza

Programs: Aeroplan, Flying Blue
hi, longtime lurker. Great place to glean info. Fly a lot for work, and have racked up lots of points on two mileage programs. Recently had the need to ask a proper question, so just joined. Thanks for all the great info, and technical jargon speak, for which I use quite regularly against the agents themselves...things they don't want you to know!
Old Mar 17, 2015, 10:31 am

Yikes! The fact that the first post in this thread dates back to 1998 just blew my mind! Amazing! Anyway, a bit about me... I live in Chicago and work for a tech startup. I travel at least twice a year to Nicaragua, my desire is to travel to Europe soon. The big downside besides the expense is the little vacation time I get at work. Hopefully, things will change this year!
Old Mar 17, 2015, 7:33 pm
Original Member

Programs: Delta Flying Colonel, Lifetime Silver Medallion, Million Miler
It's nice to see this thread pop up in my mail account.

Last edited by flyguy; Mar 17, 2015 at 7:47 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.