Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Hilton Honors VISA (no annual fee version) [Ends Dec 2017]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 30, 2014, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
ALL Citi HHonors application links are now DEAD.

Citi's contract to issue Hilton co-branded cards ends December 31, 2017. Citi will sell most accounts to American Express. The criteria for determining which accounts are eligible to be sold are unpublished. Read Hilton FAQ: http://hiltonhonors3.hilton.com/en/e...-card-faq.html .
Print Wikipost

Citi Hilton Honors VISA (no annual fee version) [Ends Dec 2017]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2015, 5:47 pm

Applied for thank you premier last week and was going to apply for the Hilton this week. Haven't applied for a card in over 6 months. Currently have 2 Hiltons older than 18 months old. When I was approved for the thank you they wouldn't let me reallocate and said I'm extended as much credit as they can give me. I have 9 Citi cards now.

Would it still be possible to get approval for 75k Hilton by applying and offering to close 2 old Hiltons and reallocating more credit or just save myself an inquiry and don't bother?
Old Sep 1, 2015, 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by sound48
Applied for thank you premier last week and was going to apply for the Hilton this week. Haven't applied for a card in over 6 months. Currently have 2 Hiltons older than 18 months old. When I was approved for the thank you they wouldn't let me reallocate and said I'm extended as much credit as they can give me. I have 9 Citi cards now.

Would it still be possible to get approval for 75k Hilton by applying and offering to close 2 old Hiltons and reallocating more credit or just save myself an inquiry and don't bother?
Lower the Credit lines on the 2 old Hiltons to $1000...............Don't close them until you have a new Hilton in hand and a letter showing the bonus
Old Sep 1, 2015, 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by flyer4512
Lower the Credit lines on the 2 old Hiltons to $1000...............Don't close them until you have a new Hilton in hand and a letter showing the bonus
Already lowered both to 1k for past credit card signups. Would closing them for approval be an issue? Starting to think I should hold off.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 9:04 pm

Already lowered both to 1k for past credit card signups. Would closing them for approval be an issue? Starting to think I should hold off.
Freeing up $2k in credit by closing the cards is not going to help much and will reset the 18 month clock ?

Do you have any other Citi cards besides the Premier and the 2 Hiltons ?

What is the Credit limit on the new Premier card ?
Old Sep 1, 2015, 10:36 pm

I can free up credit from other cards to get to 5k if they'd allow me but I was only given 2k on the premier, as the rep said I've maxed out all their willing to give me. She wouldn't even allow me to reallocate credit to the new card. Besides the 2 Hiltons and premier, I have 6 other Citi cards. Thinking I'll probably just wait.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 12:22 am

I can free up credit from other cards to get to 5k if they'd allow me but I was only given 2k on the premier, as the rep said I've maxed out all their willing to give me. She wouldn't even allow me to reallocate credit to the new card. Besides the 2 Hiltons and premier, I have 6 other Citi cards. Thinking I'll probably just wait.

Why do you keep all these cards open ?

Seems Citi has a pretty low credit limit set for you unless you have some high limits on the other 6 cards

You can get a Citi Hilton card that has a credit limit under $5K but if they didn't let you move credit a few days ago I doubt they do now.. GL
Old Sep 3, 2015, 10:52 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
What is your total Citi Credit Line on all of your Citi cards combined?
Old Sep 3, 2015, 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by somy
I signed up for the card when the bonus was 50k points + $50 spend at Hilton. Can anyone confirm if purchasing a gift card from any hilton hotel for $50 will trigger the credit? Does the purchase need to be at hotel reception or a website purchase will suffice? Thanks for the help.
Any inputs from anyone? Thanks.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 8:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I signed up for the card when the bonus was 50k points + $50 spend at Hilton. Can anyone confirm if purchasing a gift card from any hilton hotel for $50 will trigger the credit? Does the purchase need to be at hotel reception or a website purchase will suffice? Thanks for the help.
First of all, you're abbreviating the promo terms. What was the exact wording of the $50 spend at Hilton promo? The exact wording might give a big clue.

Second, at what exact website were you thinking of purchasing a gift card? I'm sure at the very least (if the promo terms don't spell out even more specific requirements) it has to be billed to Hilton, not outsourced to some other company which will show up on your billing. (For example, buying miles from certain airlines may not show up as purchase from that airline, but instead may show up as a purchase from points.com, because the airline outsourced its "buy miles" store to points.com.) But you didn't explain what website, and it may matter what website.

Now, I presume any truly in-hotel purchase would work. So if you don't mind being overcharged, you could go shopping at the "pantry" inside many HH hotels, instead of shopping for equivalent stuff at your local store. (Some hotel pantries have frozen dinners and such, and lots of other stuff.) You typically pay for such stuff at the front desk.

But beware even hotel restaurants. Some hotels have a restaurant which bills separately from the hotel (if you don't give them your room number but just pay by credit card). So even with a hotel restaurant, you have to make sure it bills through the hotel itself, or it may not work.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by sdsearch
First of all, you're abbreviating the promo terms. What was the exact wording of the $50 spend at Hilton promo? The exact wording might give a big clue.

Second, at what exact website were you thinking of purchasing a gift card? I'm sure at the very least (if the promo terms don't spell out even more specific requirements) it has to be billed to Hilton, not outsourced to some other company which will show up on your billing. (For example, buying miles from certain airlines may not show up as purchase from that airline, but instead may show up as a purchase from points.com, because the airline outsourced its "buy miles" store to points.com.) But you didn't explain what website, and it may matter what website.

Now, I presume any truly in-hotel purchase would work. So if you don't mind being overcharged, you could go shopping at the "pantry" inside many HH hotels, instead of shopping for equivalent stuff at your local store. (Some hotel pantries have frozen dinners and such, and lots of other stuff.) You typically pay for such stuff at the front desk.

But beware even hotel restaurants. Some hotels have a restaurant which bills separately from the hotel (if you don't give them your room number but just pay by credit card). So even with a hotel restaurant, you have to make sure it bills through the hotel itself, or it may not work.
Thanks for that reply. I do not have the exact wording but the gist as I did not store the webpage where I applied. The gist of the $50 spend requirement was "$50 reimbursement for spend at any hilton portfolio hotels ". Also I was referring to the hilton.com website for the egift card purchase.

I do not have a hilton stay planned in the near future otherwise I would have run some in-room purchase or parking fees to cover those $50.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 3:56 pm

Thanks for that reply. I do not have the exact wording but the gist as I did not store the webpage where I applied. The gist of the $50 spend requirement was "$50 reimbursement for spend at any hilton portfolio hotels ". Also I was referring to the hilton.com website for the egift card purchase.

I do not have a hilton stay planned in the near future otherwise I would have run some in-room purchase or parking fees to cover those $50.
Maybe you can pre pay for a room using the card

How long ago did you get this offer, I thought those $50 credits were a while back
Old Sep 5, 2015, 12:49 pm

Got approved last night for a $4,800 limit. Had to call in. I was offered to move part of my Double Cash's limit over. When told that card would be issued as a Visa Signature, even with a sub $5K limit, I decided to just stick with the $4.8K.

They pulled Eq and Ex for me. 16 inquiries on Ex, with 15 in the last 12 months, and 4 in the last 6 months.
Old Sep 5, 2015, 8:14 pm

I have 9 Citi cards now.
That's a lot. I would close a few.
Old Sep 5, 2015, 8:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LWT3
That's a lot. I would close a few.
I have 12, and I'm getting two more. But I did close HHonors Visas 1 through 7 and a couple of Citi AA cards this year.
Old Sep 8, 2015, 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by flyer4512
Maybe you can pre pay for a room using the card

How long ago did you get this offer, I thought those $50 credits were a while back
The offer was almost 3 months back. How do I prepay? I do not see that option online. Will cancelling that prepaid room not affect any credits I get?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.