Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Hilton Honors VISA (no annual fee version) [Ends Dec 2017]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 30, 2014, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
ALL Citi HHonors application links are now DEAD.

Citi's contract to issue Hilton co-branded cards ends December 31, 2017. Citi will sell most accounts to American Express. The criteria for determining which accounts are eligible to be sold are unpublished. Read Hilton FAQ: http://hiltonhonors3.hilton.com/en/e...-card-faq.html .
Print Wikipost

Citi Hilton Honors VISA (no annual fee version) [Ends Dec 2017]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2015, 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by Superorb
It depends on your area. Also, the 75k offer is said to end today.
FWIW, a commenter on Ben Schlappig's blog claims "there are plenty of non phantom links online offering this increased bonus until 10/31." I was able to scrounge up one additional landing/app pair, which I've added to the wiki. I suppose we'll see soon enough whether either survives, even if only via phone application.
Old Sep 28, 2015, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by beltway
FWIW, a commenter on Ben Schlappig's blog claims "there are plenty of non phantom links online offering this increased bonus until 10/31." I was able to scrounge up one additional landing/app pair, which I've added to the wiki. I suppose we'll see soon enough whether either survives, even if only via phone application.
When I hear reports of 10/31 and then 9/28 from the bloggers I take that to mean that the blogger's affiliate link will be dying on 9/28 and that the offer with an end date of 10/31 will end on 10/31.

But, as you said we shall see tomorrow. I applied and was approved on Friday just in case.
Old Sep 29, 2015, 5:32 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond
75k offer still alive on citi's website
Old Sep 30, 2015, 11:31 am

Originally Posted by zzrayzz
75k offer still alive on citi's website
Yup, I see it too. So looks like the bloggers' affiliate links died Monday.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 11:00 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Superorb
Yup, I see it too. So looks like the bloggers' affiliate links died Monday.
According to MMS this deal is on until 31st October. It's truly shameful that some bloggers tout its death for their own wallets.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by solewalker
According to MMS this deal is on until 31st October. It's truly shameful that some bloggers tout its death for their own wallets.
Yup, but a lot of them are businesses. And businesses are in business to make money. Just the way things are. If I could refer tons of people for lucrative CC signups you can bet I'd do it in a heartbeat.
Old Oct 4, 2015, 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by PaulMSN
Exactly how do I go back in time and undo the accepted application? Besides, the reason was to see if changes, in this case a 75K offer in place of 50K, might open an opportunity, as happened when I successfully obtained yet another Citi AA MC after the 18-month restriction was in place, most likely because of the World/World Elite conversions. I believe I was the first one to benefit from that.

Despite your use of absolute wording, one never knows. Testing accepted wisdom is not a bad thing, especially with Citi.
Any luck with the bonus?
Old Oct 4, 2015, 2:25 pm

Re 75K offer, note that landing page #1 has died & landing page #2 now presents a lousy 40K offer (& links to the associated app page), but the 75K app pages are still up.

Someday Citi will figure out that they have to take down the app pages as well. Today is not that day, apparently.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by beltway
Re 75K offer, note that landing page #1 has died & landing page #2 now presents a lousy 40K offer (& links to the associated app page), but the 75K app pages are still up.

Someday Citi will figure out that they have to take down the app pages as well. Today is not that day, apparently.
Anyone who clicks on those, but then wants to apply using the 75k app link, remember to clear you Citi cookies after looking at the "deteriorated" offer pages, or use private/incognito browsing, or use a different browser to apply (than you ever looked at "deteriorated" offer pages with), or use a different computer. Otherwise, Citi has sometimes in the past "confused" cookies from a "deteriorated" page you'd looked at and applied them to the application page you used .

(Of course, the same thing applies if you have recently clicked on any other HH Visa link anywhere else.)
Old Oct 12, 2015, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MadMadso
Any luck with the bonus?
Nope, just closed and only the spend points appear.
Old Oct 28, 2015, 7:42 am

Originally Posted by PaulMSN
Exactly how do I go back in time and undo the accepted application? Besides, the reason was to see if changes, in this case a 75K offer in place of 50K, might open an opportunity, as happened when I successfully obtained yet another Citi AA MC after the 18-month restriction was in place, most likely because of the World/World Elite conversions. I believe I was the first one to benefit from that.

Despite your use of absolute wording, one never knows. Testing accepted wisdom is not a bad thing, especially with Citi.
Paul, I remember you posting that. I had AA Plat MC #1 from Jan 2014 through August 2015. At that point my 18 months was up, so I applied for AA Plat MC #2 and closed #1. Met the spend on #2 right away and got the 50K bonus points in September. Now my AA Plat MC #2 just converted from World to World Elite a week ago. Does that mean I can re-apply now for an AA Plat MC and still get the bonus? I think that's what you're saying, but I just want to make certain I'm not missing anything. Does it matter which AA Platinum link I would use to apply through, or will whatever link is on Citi's website do?
Old Oct 28, 2015, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LWT3
Paul, I remember you posting that. I had AA Plat MC #1 from Jan 2014 through August 2015. At that point my 18 months was up, so I applied for AA Plat MC #2 and closed #1. Met the spend on #2 right away and got the 50K bonus points in September. Now my AA Plat MC #2 just converted from World to World Elite a week ago. Does that mean I can re-apply now for an AA Plat MC and still get the bonus? I think that's what you're saying, but I just want to make certain I'm not missing anything. Does it matter which AA Platinum link I would use to apply through, or will whatever link is on Citi's website do?
You may want to read the AA card thread where the conversion is a hot topic.

It seems your closure of the Card 1 would prevent you to take advantage of the loophole per a detailed timeline by a poster whose wife is in similar situation and the closure even was after a conversion. She did not get a bonus on the subsequent app. You would have an almost sure bet if you hadn't closed the card number 1. Now it is uncertain. The cost to find out is just one hard pull if you can afford it.

Still, read the data points on the AA card thread you would find a lot more data points.
Old Oct 28, 2015, 12:29 pm

Programs: 747 Upper Deck QF J LAX-BNE; A380 SQ SuiteC+D SYD-SIN & SIN-HKG; 777 CX F HKG-JFK; Park Hyatt Sydney
Originally Posted by LWT3
Here's a link to the thread Happy is referring to.
Old Oct 28, 2015, 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
You may want to read the AA card thread where the conversion is a hot topic.

It seems your closure of the Card 1 would prevent you to take advantage of the loophole per a detailed timeline by a poster whose wife is in similar situation and the closure even was after a conversion. She did not get a bonus on the subsequent app. You would have an almost sure bet if you hadn't closed the card number 1. Now it is uncertain. The cost to find out is just one hard pull if you can afford it.

Still, read the data points on the AA card thread you would find a lot more data points.
Thank you and thanks to Ed Janowsky as well. It sounds like I screwed up by closing the old card, but my wife is still on Plat #1, so I may be able to take advantage of the loophole for her. Strangely, her card hasn't been upgraded yet, so I'll have to wait to see if/when that happens.
Old Nov 7, 2015, 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Anyone who clicks on those, but then wants to apply using the 75k app link, remember to clear you Citi cookies after looking at the "deteriorated" offer pages, or use private/incognito browsing, or use a different browser to apply (than you ever looked at "deteriorated" offer pages with), or use a different computer. Otherwise, Citi has sometimes in the past "confused" cookies from a "deteriorated" page you'd looked at and applied them to the application page you used .

(Of course, the same thing applies if you have recently clicked on any other HH Visa link anywhere else.)
Does anyone know what happens if you click on the 'Apply Now' link from the 75,000 point offer and apply for the card, even though it is past the October 31st offer expiration date? Any chance that the bonus will still apply?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.