Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Hilton Honors VISA (no annual fee version) [Ends Dec 2017]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 30, 2014, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
ALL Citi HHonors application links are now DEAD.

Citi's contract to issue Hilton co-branded cards ends December 31, 2017. Citi will sell most accounts to American Express. The criteria for determining which accounts are eligible to be sold are unpublished. Read Hilton FAQ: http://hiltonhonors3.hilton.com/en/e...-card-faq.html .
Print Wikipost

Citi Hilton Honors VISA (no annual fee version) [Ends Dec 2017]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2017, 12:54 pm

The last sweet 40K bonus dropped into my DW's account yesterday. <sniffle> Auld lang syne...
Old Aug 18, 2017, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by beltway
The last sweet 40K bonus dropped into my DW's account yesterday. <sniffle> Auld lang syne...
This was such a fabulous churn. Truly the end of an era.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by beltway
My last 40k posted today............what a run
Old Aug 19, 2017, 7:48 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton - Diamond, IHG - Spire Amb
Originally Posted by flyer4512
My last 40k posted today............what a run
What was your run? I didn't churn these and opted to churn the Citi plat select AA. We did the Amex Hilton to Hilton surpass churn and for 3 team members we put on 1 million Hilton points since the beginning of the year.

I am sorry that the citi Hilton is gone, but at least the Citi aa mailer churn is still alive.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 7:50 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Carl Christensen
What was your run? I didn't churn these and opted to churn the Citi plat select AA. We did the Amex Hilton to Hilton surpass churn and for 3 team members we put on 1 million Hilton points since the beginning of the year.

I am sorry that the citi Hilton is gone, but at least the Citi aa mailer churn is still alive.
I guess we did the Citi Hilton churn in 2016, just my point was we didn't in 2017. Now we are sitting at 1.4 milion and gearing up for 10 day stay at the Maldives in 2019.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 11:48 am

Off the top of my head we had about 75 HH Visas (bonus varied from 40K - 75K) between me my wife and my dad. My dad doesn't travel so I always used his points but it was a bit of a worry at check in.

Now that they let you combine points I was able to transfer his last ~760K HH points to my account

I'm pretty sure that Amex to surpass upgrade loophole is gone as we were also doing that but last time I looked it was no more but if you grabbed 1 million points doing it in 7 or so months care to share your secret ?

Last edited by flyer4512; Aug 19, 2017 at 11:53 am
Old Aug 20, 2017, 1:05 am

Programs: HHonors, TrueBlue, Delta SkyMiles, Hyatt Discoverist, Starwood Preferred Guest, American Airlines.
Since nobody else has done it, the wiki has been updated. What a mess...
Old Aug 20, 2017, 6:12 am

Originally Posted by mikesyr18
Since nobody else has done it, the wiki has been updated. What a mess...
I changed my oldest HH Visa to a Double cash card so they do allow changes.

I will cancel the other 3 HH visas that I have around October.

What I don't know for sure is if the product change counts toward 5/24, it shouldn't but I ca't say for sure.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 9:08 am

if you grabbed 1 million points doing it in 7 or so months care to share your secret ?
I'd love to hear it as well.
flyer4512 likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by LWT3
I'd love to hear it as well.
A million points between 3 people using the Surpass ( new or upgrade) in 7 months seems impossible since I can't find an upgrade without the once in a lifetime wording so I wonder if it was a typo.............If not I'm all ears as we have 3 NAF HH Amex's ready to go
Old Aug 20, 2017, 4:14 pm

Programs: HHonors, TrueBlue, Delta SkyMiles, Hyatt Discoverist, Starwood Preferred Guest, American Airlines.
I changed my oldest HH Visa to a Double cash card so they do allow changes.

I will cancel the other 3 HH visas that I have around October.

What I don't know for sure is if the product change counts toward 5/24, it shouldn't but I ca't say for sure.
I'm confused unless you accidentally quoted my post...
Old Aug 20, 2017, 4:52 pm
mia
Original Poster

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator translation

Originally Posted by mikesyr18
I'm confused unless you accidentally quoted my post...
It's a reference to an imprecise statement in the Wikipost. I have rewritten the sentence.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 12:59 pm

Programs: All of em...
I guess we did the Citi Hilton churn in 2016, just my point was we didn't in 2017. Now we are sitting at 1.4 milion and gearing up for 10 day stay at the Maldives in 2019.
If your job is mobile or you're retired, for 1.46 million Hilton points you can move to Egypt for 365 nights staying in their pretty great 4-5 star Hilton resorts. They're just 4k a night if you book in 5-night increments, thanks to the country's turmoil and wonderful Cat 1 hotels.

As a Hilton Gold a couple years ago I stayed for 5 weeks at 6 diff resorts around Egypt and always got a big suite. Presidential Suite at Hilton Pyramids!
Old Aug 21, 2017, 2:26 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

A million points between 3 people using the Surpass ( new or upgrade) in 7 months seems impossible since I can't find an upgrade without the once in a lifetime wording so I wonder if it was a typo.............If not I'm all ears as we have 3 NAF HH Amex's ready to go
What we did is no longer easily possible. A lot of the opportunities are now gone.

There were multiple links for NAF HH upgrade to Hilton Surpass this year. Additionally, Amex logins many times showed the option to upgrade NAF HH to the Surpass card.

Thus, between 3 people, a total of 10 upgrades is 4 for one person and 3 for the other two (meet spend immediately, downgrading previous surpass to NAF, month later re upgrade the NAF to surpass while downgrading ... rinse repeat). Additionally, I forgot to include the person number got approved for the hilton surpass and so we actually were more like 1.1 million accumulation.

There do not appear to be any more upgrade links without the lifetime language. As the saying goes, get while the gettin's good. In churning, one never knows how long the deal will last for.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 3:57 pm

What we did is no longer easily possible. A lot of the opportunities are now gone.

There were multiple links for NAF HH upgrade to Hilton Surpass this year. Additionally, Amex logins many times showed the option to upgrade NAF HH to the Surpass card.

Thus, between 3 people, a total of 10 upgrades is 4 for one person and 3 for the other two (meet spend immediately, downgrading previous surpass to NAF, month later re upgrade the NAF to surpass while downgrading ... rinse repeat). Additionally, I forgot to include the person number got approved for the hilton surpass and so we actually were more like 1.1 million accumulation.

There do not appear to be any more upgrade links without the lifetime language. As the saying goes, get while the gettin's good. In churning, one never knows how long the deal will last for.
I don't remember the 100K upgrade option lasting that long, I believe around March 2017 was the last time I saw a upgrade option ( regardless of points ) that you could get the bonus if you had the Surpass card before..............Congrats though as I never heard of anyone upgrading downgrading, upgrading, dowgrading the card so fast. Since to AF is pro rated I figured AMEX would catch on pretty fast

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.