Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Hilton Honors VISA (no annual fee version) [Ends Dec 2017]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 30, 2014, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
ALL Citi HHonors application links are now DEAD.

Citi's contract to issue Hilton co-branded cards ends December 31, 2017. Citi will sell most accounts to American Express. The criteria for determining which accounts are eligible to be sold are unpublished. Read Hilton FAQ: http://hiltonhonors3.hilton.com/en/e...-card-faq.html .
Print Wikipost

Citi Hilton Honors VISA (no annual fee version) [Ends Dec 2017]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2017, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by lyst
40k link no longer working - wonder if it's been pulled?
I blame myself. DW recently applied & I was getting ready to do the same.

<rends garments, covers self with ashes>
Old Jun 15, 2017, 3:17 pm

oops. wrong thread, moving to AA...

Last edited by pokeygirl; Jun 15, 2017 at 3:41 pm
Old Jun 15, 2017, 3:24 pm

I had just got the link to work this morning in Chrome Incognito, but looks like that doesn't work anymore. I did apply this morning. Didn't get a decision right away. I'll just wait it out.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 3:35 pm

Wow, an end of an era perhaps. I don't have an exact total in front of me but we ( myself, wife and dad) have had over 60 HH visas since around 2012 and I just completed the spend for a 40K and receieved the bonus letter for another 40k card that is on the way.

Being able to combine points to just one HH account is a plus so a crazy deval aside we probably have enough HH points to get us to 2021.

AFAIK the Surpass (upgrade from NAF Churn) is also over so at the moment there is no way for a person who had the NAF Amex and the Surpass in the past ~ 7 years to earn any HH points directly through a CC signup.

Hawaiian and TYP transfers are still available I believe but I have never used either.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 3:41 pm

well - damn - looks like you can't even apply for the card anymore - bonus or no bonus
Old Jun 15, 2017, 5:25 pm

they killed all the links i know of, non is left.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 5:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Exclamation all Citi HH card links return an error now

Originally Posted by ninim2200
they killed all the links i know of, non is left.
Including killing all the Reserve links in the wiki of the other thread, too.

Ie, there seem to be no working links left for an Citi HH card of any type.

But the question is, why is Citi killing all this without issuing any statement explaining it in the least? It would so easy for them say something like: "We have stopped issuing Hilton Honors credit cards, and for those with existing cards, we will let you what will happen to them" and then explain when. But it's so annoying to have not an ounce of clarity from them.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 5:30 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
It was nice while it lasted. Now there is even more pressure to find a non-24 month link for the AA card.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 5:17 am

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Including killing all the Reserve links in the wiki of the other thread, too.

Ie, there seem to be no working links left for an Citi HH card of any type.

But the question is, why is Citi killing all this without issuing any statement explaining it in the least? It would so easy for them say something like: "We have stopped issuing Hilton Honors credit cards, and for those with existing cards, we will let you what will happen to them" and then explain when. But it's so annoying to have not an ounce of clarity from them.
exactly - the Hilton card isn't even listed on their website - that makes me wonder if they will sell the old cards to AmEx - if they were to convert them to another citi product you think they would still issues them to get the business
Old Jun 16, 2017, 6:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Scotttyd
exactly - the Hilton card isn't even listed on their website - that makes me wonder if they will sell the old cards to AmEx - if they were to convert them to another citi product you think they would still issues them to get the business
Actually, the Hilton cards disappearing from their website (at least for most people) came first. The links stopped working later.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 7:07 pm

impact on 8/65?

I assume any application that was nerfed because Citi decided not to issue any more Hilton cards would still count for purposes of 8/65, correct?
Old Jun 17, 2017, 4:46 am

moved

Last edited by GarlicFlyer; Jun 17, 2017 at 8:26 am
Old Jun 17, 2017, 8:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LWT3
I assume any application that was nerfed because Citi decided not to issue any more Hilton cards would still count for purposes of 8/65, correct?
It would depend on how far they got with processing it (relative to when they consider an application to count for 8/65). Unfortunately, I don't know if there's any way to tell. So while it may or may not be correct, I'd say it'd be safest to assume that it's correct.
Old Jun 17, 2017, 8:34 am

Interesting. My wife applied and was approved on June 4th. The card has not yet arrived. I applied on June 8th and got a request to mail in W-2s, which I did on the 9th. Citi stopped accepting applications on the 15th. I just got an e-mail saying I've been approved, effective the 17th. Hopefully, both my wife's card and my card arrive soon. What a great churn this has been.
Old Jun 17, 2017, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by LWT3
Interesting. My wife applied and was approved on June 4th. The card has not yet arrived. I applied on June 8th and got a request to mail in W-2s, which I did on the 9th. Citi stopped accepting applications on the 15th. I just got an e-mail saying I've been approved, effective the 17th. Hopefully, both my wife's card and my card arrive soon. What a great churn this has been.
I applied and was approved June 9 and I received the 40K letter 2 days ago so you should be all set on you June 8 app. Card arrived today

Last edited by flyer4512; Jun 17, 2017 at 2:33 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.