Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Hilton Honors VISA (no annual fee version) [Ends Dec 2017]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 30, 2014, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
ALL Citi HHonors application links are now DEAD.

Citi's contract to issue Hilton co-branded cards ends December 31, 2017. Citi will sell most accounts to American Express. The criteria for determining which accounts are eligible to be sold are unpublished. Read Hilton FAQ: http://hiltonhonors3.hilton.com/en/e...-card-faq.html .
Print Wikipost

Citi Hilton Honors VISA (no annual fee version) [Ends Dec 2017]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2017, 7:38 pm

Originally Posted by flyer4512
I applied and was approved June 9 and I received the 40K letter 2 days ago so you should be all set on you June 8 app. Card arrived today
I'm glad your card arrived so quickly. My wife's card from her June 4th approval still hasn't arrived. We just called customer service, and they were useless. "Wait another day and call us back if you haven't received it." My reply: "It's been 18 days. Why would one more day make any difference?" She transferred me to someone else, and they confirmed the card had been mailed over two weeks ago, so they agreed to cancel it and mail a new one.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 8:10 pm

Originally Posted by LWT3
My wife's card from her June 4th approval still hasn't arrived.
I was approved on that same day, June 4, and no card has arrived. Got the same "wait another day or so and it should arrive" message. Finally I got things escalated yesterday and was told a card would be mailed out in "7-10 days" (the same thing they had told me 3 weeks earlier).
Old Jun 23, 2017, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by muji
I was approved on that same day, June 4, and no card has arrived. Got the same "wait another day or so and it should arrive" message. Finally I got things escalated yesterday and was told a card would be mailed out in "7-10 days" (the same thing they had told me 3 weeks earlier).
Same situation for us. Wife and I have opened several/may Citi cards, and oftentimes, the card itself arrives before the welcome letter. Certainly within a week. This time, it's 10 days and counting. I called and they said it was mailed on the 19th. Now the 23rd and no card.
In my experience, if it's not here in 2-3 days, there is a problem. Now we're at day 10 since approval and Day 5 since it was mailed.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by cheaptom
Same situation for us. Wife and I have opened several/may Citi cards, and oftentimes, the card itself arrives before the welcome letter. Certainly within a week. This time, it's 10 days and counting. I called and they said it was mailed on the 19th. Now the 23rd and no card.
In my experience, if it's not here in 2-3 days, there is a problem. Now we're at day 10 since approval and Day 5 since it was mailed.
I was approved on June 4 also, and I actually got a call from Citi the next day regarding the application, even though it was instant approved. They said they had received reports of numerous fraudulent applications and was making sure that I applied for the card before they shipped it out to me. I was actually at the airport when I received the phone call, so I wonder if I had missed the call, they wouldn't have mailed it. Anyway, received the card on 6/9, met the minimum spend and hilton points credited to my account the next day.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 6:10 pm

I think I need advice

I was afraid this would happen. As I explained above, my wife's app was approved on June 4th. The card never came, so we called customer service. They cancelled the card and issued us a new one. The letter for the new card just arrived, and it doesn't have the language about the 40,000 bonus points. I still have the original letter from the approval on the 4th which does have that language. What steps do I have to take to get Citi to award the bonus on the new card? I guess wait for the card to arrive and then call. This is probably something a frontline rep can't resolve. Do we call and ask for a supervisor? Do we send a pdf of the first letter? Any tips on getting it resolved quickly. It will be slightly uncomfortable to have someone look at my wife's file and say, "I see she has received the bonus 11 times before now, including less than two months ago."
Old Jun 26, 2017, 6:21 pm
Moderator: Travel Buzz

I was afraid this would happen. As I explained above, my wife's app was approved on June 4th. The card never came, so we called customer service. They cancelled the card and issued us a new one. The letter for the new card just arrived, and it doesn't have the language about the 40,000 bonus points. I still have the original letter from the approval on the 4th which does have that language. What steps do I have to take to get Citi to award the bonus on the new card? I guess wait for the card to arrive and then call. This is probably something a frontline rep can't resolve. Do we call and ask for a supervisor? Do we send a pdf of the first letter? Any tips on getting it resolved quickly. It will be slightly uncomfortable to have someone look at my wife's file and say, "I see she has received the bonus 11 times before now, including less than two months ago."
I think you're fine. They reissued a "lost, missing or stolen" card. You shouldn't need to reconfirm a bonus, because it's being treated as a replacement card. A card was issued, came up missing, and was replaced. You'll get a new card number, but the account is the same, just like it would be if you lost the card a year after it was issued.

Make your spend and wait for your points.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 9:57 pm

It's $1000, make the spend and see what happens. Given it was a rogue link and every other link had the 24 month language I doubt you will get far if they don't post. GL
Old Jun 27, 2017, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by flyer4512
It's $1000, make the spend and see what happens. Given it was a rogue link and every other link had the 24 month language I doubt you will get far if they don't post. GL
They sent me a letter saying we qualify for the bonus. Seems like that should be enough to end any debate if the points don't post.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 2:35 pm

They sent me a letter saying we qualify for the bonus. Seems like that should be enough to end any debate if the points don't post.
Yes, but don't the letters also have the last 4 digits of the account ? If so your letter has the account number for a different card. Good luck explaining your situation to them.

I think you'll be fine and they will post but if not I doubt getting them will be an easy process. GL

Sucks this is over as my 40k posted the same day my statement cut ( today) so Citi is getting faster at posting points, lol

One more 40k card to go for me, hopefully they get another Visa/MC partner.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 5:48 pm
Community Director Emerita

How long does it take for the 50K bonus to post? My husband got his final card and immediately did the spend. The statement closed a week or so ago. Points posted for the spend but not the 50K. The statement shows that he is to get the combined amount. He called and was told that he gets the spend bonus immediately but the 50K posts with the 2nd statement. We haven't had this card for 2 years. Is that current practice?
Old Jul 3, 2017, 5:29 am

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
How long does it take for the 50K bonus to post? My husband got his final card and immediately did the spend. The statement closed a week or so ago. Points posted for the spend but not the 50K. The statement shows that he is to get the combined amount. He called and was told that he gets the spend bonus immediately but the 50K posts with the 2nd statement. We haven't had this card for 2 years. Is that current practice?
This sounds off. Points should hit the HH account a few (2-3) days after statement date. At least you know it isn't a problem with the HH number linked to the Citi account.

I'd call back & speak to a supervisor at Citi, because the problem seems to be on their side.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
My previous bonus posted about a week ago. It showed up the day the statement cut which is faster than usual as it usually took a day or 3

I was using the 40K churnable link. Your statement should show the points.

You won't get the bonus if you applied within 24 months of opening OR closing a No fee Hilton Visa OR a Citi Hilton reserve. My guess is that you broke one of those rules
Old Jul 5, 2017, 12:10 am
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Sitting on two of these cards now and don't really need them.

Any reason to not proactively PC to something else? Thinking about a Double Cash and a Dividend.

The only hesitation I really have is that I am under 5/24 at the moment and wouldn't want the new card to accidentally report as a new card.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
Sitting on two of these cards now and don't really need them.

Any reason to not proactively PC to something else? Thinking about a Double Cash and a Dividend.

The only hesitation I really have is that I am under 5/24 at the moment and wouldn't want the new card to accidentally report as a new card.
Be careful. Citi Hilton cards being Visa, but Doulbe Cash and Dividend being MC, are you sure it wouldn't look like a new card because of the card type conversion? I'd check to see if there are datapoints on that before assuming.

The one thing that's absolutely safe in 5/24 terms is just to close the Hilton cards! You can never apply for this card type from Citi again, so there's no 24 month issues to worry about either.

So why not just close? What's the big advantage of PCing to a random Citi card?
Old Jul 5, 2017, 8:40 am
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by sdsearch
So why not just close? What's the big advantage of PCing to a random Citi card?
Not needing to use a HP later and preserving a little more AAoA down the line but, yeah, I'm not confident in Citi's ability to make the change without screwing it up, either.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.