Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2016

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2016, 6:23 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by srbrenna
Please may I prostrate myself before the expertise of this board - I don't think this warrants a new thread.

I'm eyeing up a South American jaunt LCY-MAD-LIM-CUZ-LIM-BUE-GRU-LHR. This is pricing up pretty reasonably on ITA Matrix although I don't seem to ba able to get it to behave on a website. So I'm thinking about approaching a TA to do this. The LCY-MAD part is on BA so would I be able to get BA to ticket this for me by calling up?
Probably, but it may be an IB fare. ITA Matrix should show you.
Old May 26, 2016, 6:31 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by nvh
Quick response off the top of my head:
Thanks Honey! Don't be sore sbrenna - definitely a case of beauty before age!!

Now how about the SJU - MIA I and the MIA - SAN A?
Old May 26, 2016, 8:38 am

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
I'm eyeing up a South American jaunt LCY-MAD-LIM-CUZ-LIM-BUE-GRU-LHR. This is pricing up pretty reasonably on ITA Matrix although I don't seem to ba able to get it to behave on a website. So I'm thinking about approaching a TA to do this. The LCY-MAD part is on BA so would I be able to get BA to ticket this for me by calling up?
Are all the other flights IB/LA? Yes, BA can ticket that, it might price slightly differently from ITA. Using a travel agent will probably result in LA being the issuing carrier.
Old May 26, 2016, 11:18 am

Programs: BA Gold, several other less interesting cards...
Thank you JAXBA. I think LAN will probably do it too. I was thinking about the retreival of Tier Points, for which LAN have a reputation, might be easier if it was ticketed by BA.
Old May 26, 2016, 9:46 pm
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thank you JAXBA. I think LAN will probably do it too. I was thinking about the retreival of Tier Points, for which LAN have a reputation, might be easier if it was ticketed by BA.
The ticketing carrier won't matter, it is down to the operating/marketing carrier.
Old May 29, 2016, 8:35 am

Just for info the BA American Express Credit Card welcome offer now gives 9000 points for spending £1000 within the three months - is this a change from the £3000 stated in the stick post ?
Old May 29, 2016, 8:39 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by argonath
Just for info the BA American Express Credit Card welcome offer now gives 9000 points for spending £1000 within the three months - is this a change from the £3000 stated in the stick post ?
The bonus and spend requirement is not constant and does change. 9000 avios for £1000 spend does come up somewhat regularly.
Old May 29, 2016, 9:03 am

Ah that explains it then, thanks for that :-)
Old May 29, 2016, 9:03 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
I am looking at the form to fill in for missing avios.

However the form indicates that my ticket number is wrong.

Any suggestions on how to get around it?

Was only awarded 825 Avios as opposed to 1000 or 1500 for DUB -> LHR as Silver after having paid for an upgrade. The class simply says C/U - so no idea which figure it should be, but every Avios helps...

I am assuming the C refers to Club World? As on my next flight it said C/R which I assume is Club and R booking class?
Old May 29, 2016, 9:41 am

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
You need to send them an email, or phone. That is a well known problem after paying for upgrades (either with cash or with Avios). They will fix it, but it requires manual intervention. Sometimes you don't get any at all.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 6:50 am

Hi
Looking to buy around £1000 currency prior to NYC trip,any suggestions best use for gaining Avios at same time ?
Not keen on Pre-paid cards but will consider if this gives best return..
TIA
Old Jun 3, 2016, 8:08 am
In Memoriam

Programs: BA Silver; IHG Gold Elite; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by argonath
Hi
Looking to buy around £1000 currency prior to NYC trip,any suggestions best use for gaining Avios at same time ?
Not keen on Pre-paid cards but will consider if this gives best return..
TIA
Get a Halifax Clarity credit card, track down a TD Bank ATM (Google is your friend) and withdraw that way once you've arrived. Repay online within a couple of days to minimise interest.

Alternatively get a Revolut prepaid card. Note the small fee if cash transactions exceed £500 a month.

Both will give far better currency value than any UK cash exchange and the amount saved will easily exceed the value of a handful of Avios.
Old Jun 7, 2016, 3:20 am

Just checked my Gate365 transactions and there is a pending Kwik Fit one for 516 avios, checked the Kwik Fit page for tyre prices but never bought ???
Old Jun 7, 2016, 10:34 pm

Cheapest way to get Bronze?

Hi all

I am expecting 40TPs being credited to my account in a couple of days so
only 35TPs are left to complete, which are not that difficult, I guess. Yet, the largest obstacle to Bronze is that I am HKG-based, in which (to my knowledge) BA service limits to HKG-LHR transcontinental flights. It seems not so wise to spend 7k HKD to chase a Bronze Status in BA. Anyone has good idea for economical alternatives for the 2 eligible BA flights for HKG-based flyers?

Thanks
Old Jun 8, 2016, 11:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by mlc130104
Hi all

I am expecting 40TPs being credited to my account in a couple of days so
only 35TPs are left to complete, which are not that difficult, I guess. Yet, the largest obstacle to Bronze is that I am HKG-based, in which (to my knowledge) BA service limits to HKG-LHR transcontinental flights. It seems not so wise to spend 7k HKD to chase a Bronze Status in BA. Anyone has good idea for economical alternatives for the 2 eligible BA flights for HKG-based flyers?

Thanks
See these threads (and the linked threads within):
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...thin-asia.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...haul-asia.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ghts-asia.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.