Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2015

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2015, 7:43 am

Originally Posted by nux
Yes, here: http://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/...ut-tier-points

In other words, BA marketed OR BA operated OR IB marketed and operated.

So per the T&C's an IB marketed and operated flight counts, however anecdotal evidence is that IB marketed or operated also counts.
Flights marketed by any other oneworld airline such as Finnair don't count towards the requirements.
Thanks thats great info.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 7:43 am

Many Thanks.
Old Nov 19, 2015, 1:58 am

Hi gents, just want to confirm if hbo fare will count towards the 4 qualifying flights? I think it does but want to make sure. Thanks!
Old Nov 19, 2015, 1:59 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by aphro123
Hi gents, just want to confirm if hbo fare will count towards the 4 qualifying flights? I think it does but want to make sure. Thanks!
Yes.
Old Nov 19, 2015, 2:06 am

Originally Posted by nux
Yes.
Thanks for being so awesome both on this forum and in mad max!
Old Nov 27, 2015, 3:12 am

Programs: BA Gold, Subcard
What is the usual time for AY tier points to post?

I did a bit of searching and found old threads saying it can take 3 weeks, is this still the standard time?
Old Nov 27, 2015, 3:47 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by GTR56
What is the usual time for AY tier points to post?

I did a bit of searching and found old threads saying it can take 3 weeks, is this still the standard time?
Less than a week for me. If you are beyond a week and haven't received them it is worth starting an online claim.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 4:31 am

Programs: BA Gold, Subcard
Originally Posted by KARFA
Less than a week for me. If you are beyond a week and haven't received them it is worth starting an online claim.
Cheers, will do. Its been 10 days.
Old Nov 29, 2015, 7:50 am

Programs: BA Silver/KL Silver/SQ Silver/AZ Premium
I just flew from LAS to LGW with BA on an AA flight number and my avios were posted, but to my surprise the amount of Tier points was 0. I checked this in the calculator and this is correct according to it. Flying with an AA number from LAS to LGW on any booking class (lowest economy, economy, business or first) generates 0 tier points. I called the BAEC line and they confirmed this. Can anyone else confirm this?
Old Nov 29, 2015, 9:32 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by williamvdh
I just flew from LAS to LGW with BA on an AA flight number and my avios were posted, but to my surprise the amount of Tier points was 0. I checked this in the calculator and this is correct according to it. Flying with an AA number from LAS to LGW on any booking class (lowest economy, economy, business or first) generates 0 tier points. I called the BAEC line and they confirmed this. Can anyone else confirm this?
It does appear that the BA calculator shows 0 TPs for LGW-LAS on AA metal, but this shouldn't be the case. I would ring up again.
Old Nov 29, 2015, 4:05 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
deleted

Last edited by headingwest; Nov 30, 2015 at 1:10 am
Old Dec 1, 2015, 9:41 am

Programs: BAEC Blue, KF Silver, HHONORS Gold, Marriott Gold, Club Carlson Silver
Couldn't find this anywhere:

If you cancel a reward flight, which was booked using Avios that would have expired if it had not been used for that booking- does it immediately vanish forever, or is it just refunded to your account and given a new 3-year lease of life?

I just realised that I currently have a member in my household account that hasn't had any activity in his personal account for 2 years 9 months now, but still has a decent amount of Avios (about 20+K) which I would hate to lose...
Old Dec 1, 2015, 9:52 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TheArtfulDodger
Couldn't find this anywhere:

If you cancel a reward flight, which was booked using Avios that would have expired if it had not been used for that booking- does it immediately vanish forever, or is it just refunded to your account and given a new 3-year lease of life?

I just realised that I currently have a member in my household account that hasn't had any activity in his personal account for 2 years 9 months now, but still has a decent amount of Avios (about 20+K) which I would hate to lose...
If you made an award flight booking from a HHA member that should count as activity for all HHA members.

14.4. If a Member has not earned or redeemed Avios points or purchased or transferred Avios points in accordance with the appropriate Conditions of Use for 36 consecutive months, all Avios points that has accrued to that date will expire.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 1:46 pm

enough eligible flight?

Hi everybody,

I tried to search the forum but could not find the answer so I ask;

I got almost enough tier points (1500) to go to gold level but I'm a little confused about the eligible flights?

the website says; Bronze: 2 eligible flights, Silver: 4 eligible flights, gold: 4 eligible flights?
So do I have to make 10 eligible flights total in 1 membership year?

When I was Brons level I made 8 eligible flights after that I traveled with QR + CX + AA.

I will make a trip to YVR next month so I will get 2 extra eligible BA flights, is that enough? or do I have to make 4 eligible flights on my way to gold?

Hope I make sense, thanks for your answers.

Take care,
B
Old Dec 2, 2015, 1:52 pm

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by blizZzart
Hi everybody,

I tried to search the forum but could not find the answer so I ask;

I got almost enough tier points (1500) to go to gold level but I'm a little confused about the eligible flights?

the website says; Bronze: 2 eligible flights, Silver: 4 eligible flights, gold: 4 eligible flights?
So do I have to make 10 eligible flights total in 1 membership year?

When I was Brons level I made 8 eligible flights after that I traveled with QR + CX + AA.

I will make a trip to YVR next month so I will get 2 extra eligible BA flights, is that enough? or do I have to make 4 eligible flights on my way to gold?

Hope I make sense, thanks for your answers.

Take care,
B
You only need 4 eligible flights in total.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.