Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amex & BA Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2012, 9:19 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Originally Posted by Valueseeker
The answer is probably here somewhere but there are a gazillion posts in this thread so...

Mrs V has just been accepted for the BA AMEX Blue card, cancelling her existing BAPP card in the process. Is there any chance of her getting the 9000 Avios for the £1000 spend on the new card? T&Cs state not eligible if held a BA AMEX in the last 6 months. I'm just wondering whether this rule is enforced. Thanks.
Stranger things have happened!

Did she do this new application over the phone or online?
Old Dec 7, 2012, 10:26 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by PanGalactic
Stranger things have happened!
Indeed they do.

I referred myself from my (now cancelled) Amex Plat card for my Gold card, via TopCashback.

I got the £10 cashback.

I got the 12K referral bonus on my Platinum card.

Amex created a new MR account for me, so I had to get that merged with my existing MR account (I think this may be why i got the bonus).

After I reached the spend target on my Gold card, I cheekily asked for the "Welcome bonus" but was correctly told that because I already had a MR account, I was not entitled to it.

Around 3 months after I'd surpassed the spend target on the Gold card, I got the 20K Welcome bonus.

This was all towards the end of the summer, so they might have fixed it, but I think I might refer myself for the Platinum card again next year to see if it happens again
Old Dec 7, 2012, 5:15 pm

Programs: Avios Hunter
House of Frazier giving £10 for £50 spend seem a bit mean to you ?....yeah me to....BUT...if you have an phone contract with O2, download the priority moments app, special in there, spend £40 in HOF, get a £15 voucher.

So looks to me like I can buy £50 vouchers using Amex, walk to the CS til and claim £15 voucher...£65 spend for £40 cash. Only 1 £15 voucher per O2 account.
Old Dec 8, 2012, 12:36 am

I synced my foursquare, checked in and spent over £50 at tesco, but no credit. Any ideas, or how do I follow up to get this? I was going to Gap today, but want to make sure it'll work. The tesco transaction was on 29 nov.
Old Dec 8, 2012, 5:06 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by trvllvr123
I synced my foursquare, checked in and spent over £50 at tesco, but no credit. Any ideas, or how do I follow up to get this? I was going to Gap today, but want to make sure it'll work. The tesco transaction was on 29 nov.
Did you load the offer too or just check-in?
Old Dec 8, 2012, 5:42 am

Programs: Some, not all.
When syncing cards to foursquare be aware that it will not warn if you already have another card synced to your foursquare account. To changed the synced card you need to first unsync the exsiting card, then sync the new card.

Unsync My Card
Old Dec 9, 2012, 2:11 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, UA Silver, CC Gold, SPG Gold
Last week I spent £1,750 on Ba.com on a flight + hotel combination holiday using my BAPP.

My statement shows 5,325 bonus Avios and zero base Avios.

Can anyone explain these numbers?

Last edited by dc2447; Dec 9, 2012 at 5:36 am
Old Dec 9, 2012, 2:25 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton honors Gold, Marriott Gold
Spend on ba.com earns 3 Avios for every £1 spent. So 1775 x 3 = 5325 (I presume you meant you spent £1775 on a holiday not £17,750?).

BA spend lists appears separately
Old Dec 9, 2012, 3:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by dc2447
My statement shows 5,325 bonus Avios and zero base Avios.

Can anyone explain these numbers?
That's the way that Amex has always done this on that page. Slightly misleading, I agree - but the total seems to be correct (if we've correctly understood that your post should have said £1,775).
Old Dec 9, 2012, 4:26 am

Programs: BA something, Luftwaffe SEN, CX Gold, Pilsbury Doughboy Fanclub, and lots of Amex cards
Originally Posted by alanjrobertson
And when you click on the unlocked special what does it say? That's where the load to card option should be - you're meant to do this before paying.
Just says 'you have unlocked this special', with a refresh and flag button at the bottom.
There has never been any load to card button- ever. That is what is confusing.
However, in manchester yesterday the battery on my blackberry went flat, so I used the wifes - and there IS a load to card button.

I can only assume that as my 9700 is running OS5 (OS6 was awful, so I downgraded) the latest foursquare app version isnt totally compatible with OS5, hence no load to card button.
Very annoying and something I'm stuck with until Blackberry 10 emerges early next year.
Old Dec 9, 2012, 4:32 am

Hmm can't you click on the unlocked special? On Android that's where you then see the load to card option.
Old Dec 9, 2012, 5:36 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, UA Silver, CC Gold, SPG Gold
Thanks all
Old Dec 10, 2012, 4:06 am

Has anyone else done the XBOX/Amex sync thing, for the free £10 credit?

Its just that I sync'd a couple of expired cards (but linked to a still-active account) to new XBOX Live accounts 10 day ago, and the £10 credit has appeared for each on Saturday...
Old Dec 10, 2012, 4:12 am

Yep done it for a few cards and it's working fine - remember to also load the £10 for £10 Cineworld offer and £25 for £50 at Dixons Travel
Old Dec 10, 2012, 4:23 am

Originally Posted by alanjrobertson
Yep done it for a few cards and it's working fine - remember to also load the £10 for £10 Cineworld offer and £25 for £50 at Dixons Travel
Yep, I'm travelling on Friday and planning on getting something at Dixons Travel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.