Wiki Posts
Search

Amex & BA Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2012, 3:54 am

Programs: NZ *Gold
Bonus avios with Amazon.co.uk using BA Amex

Just received in an email:

Shop the rewarding way at amazon.co.uk, and receive 1,000 bonus Avios when you place three orders of £40 or more each between 23 August and 30 September 2012.

From the T&Cs

Avios will be credited to eligible Cardmember accounts within 12 weeks of 30 September 2012. For specific enquiries regarding this promotion please contact your Card issuer: American Express 01273 576 576.

Assume you can only have one bonus (i.e. 6 x £40 orders would not trigger 2000 avios) and one per cardmember account, no mention of supplementary card holders.

Not fantastic but OK if there was something you wanted to buy anyway.....and could be useful for some early christmas buying, although there are triple avios through the estore at the moment too.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 4:13 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
I've had a similar email from Plat. Spend 2 x £25 on Amazon by end of Sept and get 500 bonus MRs.

I also had an email from BA estore saying if I spent over £100 in one transaction via their estore I'd get 1000 bonus haribos.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 2:44 am

Programs: BAEC Silver / BMI / VA FC / KLM
Adding a 2-4-1 to existing award booking - possible?

Apologies if the the answer to this is in this 129 page thread somewhere but I have had no joy finding it...

I have recently made an award booking to the Carribean for the 4 of us in our family. I used one Amex 2-4-1 voucher to make the booking (and a lot of Avios to cover the other 3 tickets) and the £2000+ charges on my BAPP Amex have almost triggered another 2-4-1 voucher.

Once I trigger the next voucher, is it possible to add it to the booking in retrospect and get the Avios refunded on one of the tickets?

If so, can this be done online and would there be a fee (I'm only BA silver unfortunately...)?

Thanks for any advice.

Matt
Old Aug 27, 2012, 2:50 am

Programs: BA Executive Club
Yes - they could refund the whole thing and then rebook with your second voucher. You'd have to pay the refund fee for all 4 tickets (unless you are gold, when it is waived). Consider using the miles you save to upgrade. Only do it online if there are another 4 seats available, otherwise call up an explain what you want to do.

Last edited by dmahon; Aug 27, 2012 at 2:56 am
Old Aug 27, 2012, 2:53 am

Programs: BA IHG
Amex & BA Master Thread

No, you'd have to cancel and rebook. There is no guarantee the cancelled seats would go back to award inventory, so only consider doing it if there is still award inventory available.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 3:07 am

Programs: BA Silver
There has been reports here of people retrospectively adding a 241 voucher to their booking and getting Avios back, without having to cancel and rebook, though I've not heard of it when its a second voucher.

So, definitely phone up and ask.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 5:59 am

Programs: BAEC Silver / BMI / VA FC / KLM
Thanks all... I will give them a call when the voucher triggers but won't hold my breath for an easy (or cheap) solution...

Matt
Old Aug 28, 2012, 4:00 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Just checked my BAPP online, and realised I passed the £3k mark a while ago (to trigger the bonus). None of the half points or partial points people have reported, it just lists the transactions and amount of Avios earned, and next to the one which pushed me over the £3k mark it lists 40K in the 'bonus' box.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 8:36 am

Amex BA

Does anyone know what the bonus was through recommend a fried prior to 1st Aug 12 for the premium card?
The referrer should have got x amount and the new card holder x amount after a certain spend

thanks
Old Aug 29, 2012, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
IIRC, there were three different offers running concurrently. So I believe that the correct number for the applicant depends on which offer they clicked through when they applied.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by wantmymoneyback
Does anyone know what the bonus was through recommend a fried prior to 1st Aug 12 for the premium card?
The referrer should have got x amount and the new card holder x amount after a certain spend

thanks
You could have a look at this thread, and search within it for referral or friend and see what might have been reported as available at the time to get a general idea.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...er-thread.html
Another option would be to start at the end of the thread and work your forward until you get to July and see what's reported. I see several posts about referrals in July.
But as noted by Globaliser the only way to know for sure is to check with your friends to see which offer they clicked through.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 12:41 pm

the referral was my wife, just checked back through the email i sent her through amex, and it was a bonus of 31k, however her account has only been credited with 18k bonus. Will search other thread to see if this is common.

I never realised they had different offers.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 12:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Some reports of the bonus coming in 2 parts, 18k and the balance later.

18k is the standard bonus so Amex may be manually doing the extra on top.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 1:21 pm

many thanks raffles
Old Aug 29, 2012, 5:15 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Had a fairly tasty offer from Amex at the weekend in what appeared to be a targeted email offering me a pre-approved business gold card with a 50,000 MR point bonus for a $5K spend in the first three months. Signed up on Saturday, card arrived Wednesday. Free for the first year then $175 per annum. Don't think I'll renew after the first year. Don't need another card to go with my UK Centurion, UK BA Amex, US Platinum Amex, MBNA BMI and Chase Visa.

3x points on airfares too and a current 40% uplift on transfers to Avios

I can hear Pan Galactic running his hands

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.