Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving In First Class On Your Flight? (2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 3, 2017, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Seat 2A
How to find out what the meal service will be for a specific Alaska Air flight:
1) On the website, use the "Explore" tab and select "Flight Schedules" from the left-hand side of the drop-down menu.

2) Plug in your city-pair and your week of travel, and the site will pull up all of the Alaska Air flights for that week.

3) Find your flight number on the list. From there you can see what's offered for the meal service. There are two columns corresponding to first class and coach.
A) In first class the codes are (B-breakfast; L-lunch; D-dinner; S-snack).

B) For coach the section may be blank (meaning beverage service and for-purchase cold snack-packs). Or it may show "F" or "F,F" to indicate there are other items for purchase on longer routes like a cheese plate, or in some cases the Beecher's breakfast sandwich or one of the Tom Douglas items.

What *specifically* is offered in first class for B, L, D, or S is the source of much discussion in this thread.
Sometimes a S (snack) will seem more substantial than what's offered as L (lunch). That's where searching this thread can be of assistance.

As near as I can tell for the coach section:
Blank = snack packs only;
"F" = snack packs and cheese plates offered;
"F,F" = snack packs, cheese plate, plus one other item on offer.
Please feel free to edit if that assumption is not correct.

For anyone desiring a more structured or organized submission, here is a template (You'll need to add a / before the last bracketed B as in [/b]):

[B]Date of Flight[B]:
[B]Flight Number and Route flown[B]:
[B]Time of Departure[B]:
[B]Length of flight[B]:
[B]Class of service[B]:
[B]Pre-Departure Beverage service[B]:
[B]Meal served[B]:
[B]Meal Description[B]: .

[B]Additional Comments[B]:
Print Wikipost

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving In First Class On Your Flight? (2017)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2017, 12:44 am

Originally Posted by Bretmd
AS 308 SEA-SFO
7/3, 5:50pm
Snack
Asparagus quiche with tiny Caesar salad

FA sheepishly announced the dish followed by multiple apologies in advance.

I was was expecting something horrifying but it wasn't bad.
Why would she apologize for this? It's actually a nice snack. Quiche isn't just a breakfast dish. Sounds like you agree and I'm glad you liked it. I just don't understand why the FA would preemptively apologize for something decent.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 2:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by AS Flyer
Why would she apologize for this? It's actually a nice snack. Quiche isn't just a breakfast dish. Sounds like you agree and I'm glad you liked it. I just don't understand why the FA would preemptively apologize for something decent.
Beats the cheese plate

@jackal sounds like a tasty dish. Was it catered in FAI?
Old Jul 4, 2017, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by LWkitty
AS15 BOS -SEA
June 20, 2017

​​​​​​
Two options for the evening meal - a chicken dish, and a vegetarian pasta. I went with the chicken, and was quite pleased. Served with red cabbage and spätzle.

The best part, though, was the salad served as the first course. It was basically a Caesar salad, only with big chunks of bacon on top. A big win for this bacon lover! My seatmate picked all his bacon off his salad; I was so tempted to ask him if I could have his bacon. Definitely the best salad I've ever had on a domestic first class flight.
Would the above be the expected dinner options going the other direction? Flying SEA-BOS next month.

Last edited by philemer; Jul 4, 2017 at 11:12 am
Old Jul 5, 2017, 12:02 am

Programs: AS MVP , Delta Gold Medallion, "Credit Card" status for various hotels
Originally Posted by AS Flyer
I did enjoy it and my husband did too. It had a flaky crust and fluffy center. I had the breakfast quiche a few months ago and liked that also. A quiche seems like one of those dishes that reheats well on a plane.

I can't say why she announced it the way she did. It certainly didn't help with setting expectations. Perhaps there had been complaints in the past? Perhaps it is perceived as only a breakfast dish? Who knows.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 9:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
AS753 RDU-SEA 7/5/17

warm nuts

spinach and romaine salad

choice of red curry cod with rice and veggies or pesto ravioli with sun dried tomatoes and capers

chocolate/mocha cheesecake

had the pasta it was fine. had a pretty good size meal in RDU before leaving so wasn't that hungry, which was probably good.

Last edited by PV_Premier; Jul 6, 2017 at 11:06 am
Old Jul 6, 2017, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by PV_Premier
AS753 RDU-SEA 7/5/17

warm nuts

choice of red curry cod with rice and veggies or pesto ravaloni with sun dried tomatoes and capers

had the pasta it was fine. had a pretty good size meal in RDU before leaving so wasn't that hungry, which was probably good.

had the pasta, it was fine.
No snack basket?
Old Jul 6, 2017, 10:10 am

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
AS753 RDU-SEA 7/5/17

warm nuts

choice of red curry cod with rice and veggies or pesto ravaloni with sun dried tomatoes and capers

had the pasta, it was fine.
Cod is great if take off the cod and just think of it as veggie curry.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PDXPremier
No snack basket?
yeah there was sorry. i skipped it as i was beyond full at that point and still had to eat cookies on SEA-SMF
Old Jul 6, 2017, 11:32 am

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Date of Flight: 7/4
Flight Number and Route flown: AS 678 SEA-DEN
Time of Departure: 7:55 PM
Length of flight: ~2 hours
Class of service: First
Pre-Departure Beverage service: Water bottles were distributed while on the ground. Drink orders were also taken for when we were in the air and biscoffs were distributed before the drink service began.
Meal served: Chicken Fennel Salad (something like that)
Meal Description: Meal consisted of the usual side salad, which made no sense being served next to the "main" salad. The main salad itself had a small side of pickled fennel (I believe that's what it was) with a small seasoned chicken breast and Israeli couscous, spinach and small pieces sweet potato. Accompanied by a piece of bread and lemon bar.

Additional Comments: Chicken breast was fine, not bland but not overly flavored and not dried out. Fennel was really the only part of the plate that had much flavor, Israeli couscous is pretty bland in general, like eating dry pasta, and the spinach wasn't seasoned either so eating the two together did not make for much flavor, only the pickled fennel really added anything to it.

Old Jul 6, 2017, 10:53 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Salad with a side of salad and a PM Biscoff on a SEA departure. F&B seems to be throwing things against the wall and seeing what sticks.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 12:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rustykettel
Salad with a side of salad and a PM Biscoff on a SEA departure. F&B seems to be throwing things against the wall and seeing what sticks.
Catering lately has been odd to say the least....after the warm nuts and lunch on my DFW-PDX flight, the flight attendant handed out Biscoffs as well...they are tasty, but I've never had them served as a PM snack.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 8:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PDXPremier
... Biscoffs ... but I've never had them served as a PM snack.
they're served in coach on DL morning, noon, and night...
Old Jul 7, 2017, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

they're served in coach on DL morning, noon, and night...
True, although they part of 3 or 4 choices they give you for snacks.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 11:29 am

Programs: AS; Hyatt; Bonvoy
Date of Flight: 7/3/17
Flight Number and Route: AS 88 ANC-SEA
Time of Departure: ~ 6 AM
Length of flight: 3 1/2 hours

Pre-Departure Beverage service: Bottles of water at the seat.

Meal served: Breakfast

Meal Description: There were two options, cereal or a frittata.

Warm towels were passed out, followed by the beverage service. Drinks were served with Biscoffs, then later the breakfast trays arrived.

The broccoli and cheese frittata was accompanied by two link sausages and half of a roasted tomato. A fruit plate was on the side. All in all, I found it to be a tasty meal. My impression is that Alaska does better in general with breakfast offerings, followed by the snack/dinner service - with lunch in a distant third place.

Additional Comments: Nice service was provided from Heidi in the forward cabin.
Attached Images  

Last edited by AKCuisine; Jul 7, 2017 at 11:31 am Reason: Remove annoying unintended hashtag ...
Old Jul 7, 2017, 11:36 am

Programs: AS; Hyatt; Bonvoy
Date of Flight: 7/4/17
Flight Number and Route: AS 93 SEA-ANC
Time of Departure: ~ 5 PM
Length of flight: 3 1/2 hours

Pre-Departure Beverage service: Nothing initially. Two FAs were chatting about non-work topics in the galley during the initial phase of boarding, so they seemed to ignore those of us who said hello. Bottles of water were later dropped off at our seats just before door closure.

Meal served: Officially listed as “Snack,” but the meal constituted a full dinner.

Meal Description: "It's mushroom ravioli. When I take your drink orders, just tell me Yes or No for the meal."

Beverages arrived without any Biscoffs, snack mix, pretzels – nothing. Nada. Zilch. That seemed … odd. Service picked up a bit after that.

My entree consisted of four mushroom ravioli with a spot of tomato sauce that reminded me of the roasted tomato from yesterday’s inflight breakfast. The side was overly peppered zucchini and yellow squash, with a few strings of red pepper tossed in more for color than for flavor.

The side salad was adequate, with fairly crisp greens along with some bitter greens for contrast. (At least it wasn't arugula ... ) But the Newman's Own creamy Caesar dressing was an absolute salt lick – and I’m someone who *likes* salty food. In my opinion, this brand was not as good as the usual little tubs of dressing.

Dessert was a double crunch chocolate brownie from Love & Quiches.

Additional Comments: As I commented in my previous post, I think that Alaska provides better F meals for breakfast and snack/dinner. Lunches seem to be a distant third.
Attached Images  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.