Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

aircanada.com/aeroplan.com - Experiences/Complaints/Issues

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

aircanada.com/aeroplan.com - Experiences/Complaints/Issues

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2017, 3:36 am

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Today's website response:

We're currently not able to display the seat map for this flight. Please try again later.

This is for MUC-YYZ in 48 hours. Not sold out. Using Chrome Incognito.

A crap website that should an embarrassment to AC.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 1:56 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Embarrassing.
Attached Images  
Old Sep 18, 2017, 2:23 pm

Programs: aeroplan 50K
Wrong information on AC website: condescending response

For SDC changes on Rapid Air, the website says:

Same-day confirmed changes** for an earlier flight at check-in or the airport: Free for Business Class, Latitude and Flex customers

"At check in OR at the airport" leads me to think that when you get offered an earlier flight during ONCI the change is free as long as you are checking in the same day.

Not so, you still have to pay $75 plus tax. This makes the information on the website wrong.

I sent an email advising them about this. I did not ask for a refund.

Here is the response:

We understand your disappointment about the fee associated with your ticket. We're sorry, but we’re unable to make an exception. Please understand that to be fair and consistent, we provide customers with the benefits that correspond to the tickets they’ve purchased.

We want to be sure our customers understand ticket rules and restrictions, so we make them clear at the time of purchase. We provide the rules and restrictions on all receipts and itineraries. For detailed information, please visit our Fare Options page at
http://www.aircanada.com/en/travelin...ifiedfare.html

The rules that apply to each ticket determine the costs involved to change that ticket. Customers may also be charged the difference between the cost of the original fare and the cost of the fare at the time of rebooking. Please understand that our staff are not allowed to manipulate the fees associated with changing a ticket.

This has nothing to do with my point. I did not ask for a refund, I did not speak to an agent, I understand the rules. I was advising them that the information on their website is wrong.

Enough said.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 2:45 am

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
The ongoing eupgrade waitlist issues continue.

I received an alert than my PE upgrade space came available last night. N2

Checked online and of course the website says still waitlisted, so I call.

First agent: "Of you have to wait at least 24 hours to see if the system updates, but even then, nothing can be done until the airport, plus its N0 so nothing there anyways." Click. HUCA.

Second agent: "Are you talking about bidding for an upgrade? That can only be requested online". Click. HUCA.

Third agent: "I see the N2. It should have cleared, my apologies. <10 mins on hold> I am sorry to keep you on hold so long, leave it with me to fix up within hour. It took reaching out to 2 departments to get this fixed. I realize its after midnight in Europe, so I will send an email with your confirmed upgrade. Again, my apologies. These types of things are frustrating for us well. Click.

As the old AC saying goes "Consistently Inconsistent".

I remain stunned by some of the statements made by AC staff. Clueless and wholly incorrect.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 2:49 am

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
At least they didn't tell you you needed R space to upgrade
Old Sep 22, 2017, 4:19 am

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Nah, I tried a couple times between T-24 and when I was finally able to do it. It was not the second attempt.

For the record, I think it's only been a problem for me once. Every other time, it's T-24 from my first segment.
Prior to today, I've always been able to check in to all segments when the first segment was at T-24.

But for tomorrow's AMS-YYZ-SFO, I've only been able to check in to AMS-YYZ at T-24 and not for YYZ-SFO at this point.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 11:46 am

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium Elite, Accor Platinum, National Executive Elite
Aeroplan is down

Cannot book flights on Air Canada by logging in with my Aeroplan number, saying my password is false. Same on the Aeroplan website, and calling them says my pin is wrong and they are having tech difficulties.

Seems to be a wider issues according to twitter.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 3:34 pm

Programs: Aeroplan; Marriott Platinum; IHG Platinum; Best Western Diamond
Originally Posted by Rundosrun
Cannot book flights on Air Canada by logging in with my Aeroplan number, saying my password is false. Same on the Aeroplan website, and calling them says my pin is wrong and they are having tech difficulties.

Seems to be a wider issues according to twitter.
I had same problem earlier today. Said my password is wrong, but it's the same saved password I've been using.

Later this after was ok (same saved password).

This seem to be happening every two weeks or so. Guess that's why they keep needing to reboot often during the day, and every night.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 6:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Had a schedule change for a UA.com booked AC segment, noticed suddenly I had a seat number assigned. Weird, as advanced seat selection costs me, since I have no AC status (UA Gold though). I check and the seatmap shows I can select any seat, even preferred ones, complimentary! Score!

... or so I thought. I select the seat, hit confirm seat selection and then it prompts me to pay 63CAD.

so much for "complimentary"...

I guess I got auto-assigned a regular Y window seat from the schedule change so I got that going for me at least.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 4:38 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Embarrassing.
I have this message now. Traffic Jam.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 7:24 pm

Originally Posted by vernonc
I have this message now. Traffic Jam.
And doesn't the fact that they tried to make it cute make it even more infuriating?
Old Sep 30, 2017, 7:27 pm

Programs: TK *G
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
And doesn't the fact that they tried to make it cute make it even more infuriating?
The proper message should be something like "traffic jam due to sink hole caused by poor maintenance"
Old Oct 1, 2017, 7:39 pm

AC website not working in Chrome tonight, not even in Incognito.

So I thought what the heck, I'll use Edge since I don't feel like trying to clear cookies or restart my computer or whatever nonsense it would take to get it to work in Chrome.

Needed to change something on my profile. So I log in, works okay. Now go to book the flight. Go up to the menu up top, select Book > Flight, which supposedly points to https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...l#/home:flight, but when I click the link, it just ends up refreshing the profile page.

Did a 7-year-old child build the website?

And let's not forget, THIS IS THE NEW WEBSITE!!!!! AC spent lots of money on this and had people working on it for many months!!!

Old Oct 2, 2017, 8:21 am

Programs: AC SE100K MM
Yes even incognito no longer works for AP and AC.

I am on a Mac and have changed over to Safari.

If you are on a PC, try using Firefox.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 2:40 pm

I'm unable to enter my gender and date of birth in the passport/known traveler number entry page. I've tried a number of browsers, all Mac based.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.