Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Women Travelers
Reload this Page >

The all-time, flat-out, best mascara in the world.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The all-time, flat-out, best mascara in the world.

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2007, 2:54 pm

Programs: DL PM
I just tried the Trish M. mascara yesterday and it really did stay put but didn't come off as easily as everything else I've used. I use coconut oil for eye make-up remover but it really didn't do the trick with this mascara so I'll try some baby oil. It will really come in handy for long flts/sleeping so thanks for the thread! I've also always heard that mascara on the bottom lashes is not needed and so stopped putting it on them years ago-now just use a little shadow or smudged liner there, or nothing.
Old Apr 20, 2007, 3:00 pm

Programs: DL PM
Forgot to mention that the Laura Mercier shadows are the best too-just the right amount of pigment in them(someone mentioned LM mascara in this this thread). If you are ever in NYC, I've always had good luck with the make-up artists at the LM counter at Henri Bendel-they seem more professional than most dept stores.
Old Apr 20, 2007, 3:35 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Originally Posted by Jac747
Forgot to mention that the Laura Mercier shadows are the best too-just the right amount of pigment in them(someone mentioned LM mascara in this this thread). If you are ever in NYC, I've always had good luck with the make-up artists at the LM counter at Henri Bendel-they seem more professional than most dept stores.
I mentioned the Laura Mercier. I have also had good luck with the shadow. The mascara is amazing.
Old Apr 20, 2007, 6:21 pm

Location: IAD, and sometimes OMNI/PR. Currently: not far from IAD, but home will always be SAN (not far from the "touch my junk and I'll have you arrested" Memorial TSA Check Point) even if I'm not there so much these days.
Programs: UA, CO, Calcifer Award for Mad Haiku Skillz
I was turned onto Laura Mercier's Black Ebony eyeliner by a fabulous makeup pro named Richard at the Sephora store in Hollywood. It looks like an eyeshadow--it comes in a square-shaped compact with a little mirror--and you apply it with a wet brush (brush not included). As Richard recommended and demonstrated for me, I use it on the inside of my upper eyelid. When it's applied correctly, there's no visible line, but it really makes the eyes look good. It takes some practice, but it looks good on everyone.

I don't know if Richard still works there, but if you're in Hollywood, he's worth dropping by the store. The store's on the corner of Hollywood and Highland.

I've been using the Blinc mascara for the past week based on what I've read here, and the jury's still out for me. I think it looks great on, but getting it off means I have to sacrifice a lash or two each time, which can add up, or rather subtract down to no eyelashes before you know it!

Thanks for the good info everyone's been posting here on this topic!
Old Apr 20, 2007, 7:22 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Ephesians 4:31-32
Wow, I have never sacrificed a lash to Trish--as a matter of fact my lashes have been becoming longer and thicker since I started using it. I apply baby oil with a cotton ball and then go do something else for a minute or two while the mascara softens up. Then it comes right off. Maybe the Trish comes off more easily than the Blinc.

WineIsGood writes:

My make-up guy doesn't believe in mascara for bottom lashes.

That's what I do too - none on the bottom unless I'm feeling wacky. I've done a side-by-side (one eye with top and bottom, one eye just with top) - I feel like top and bottom makes my eyes look smaller. A huge fringe of black around a tiny little eye.
I guess it varies from person to person. I have big eyes and little tiny lower eyelashes so mascara on the lower lashes works for me.

Funny Story (well it is sort of funny now): Once a long time ago I sneezed while curling my eyelashes and it pulled out every single lash. I couldn't believe it. I had to wear false eyelashes for month just to keep junk out of my eye. It was really strange. That is when I quit curling my eyelashes.

I have a fabuous metal eye lash comb that I bought somewhere really bizarre, like maybe Target. It was very strange. I also sometimes use a pin.
Old Apr 22, 2007, 6:31 pm

I usually lurk, but I'm always on the lookout for a fabulous mascara. I'm a huge fan of Kevyn Aucoin and Shu Uemura mascaras. Both mascaras stay on without smudging. They also coat my lashes evenly without that caked-on look.
Old Apr 22, 2007, 7:59 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, United Plat
Originally Posted by Punki
Funny Story (well it is sort of funny now): Once a long time ago I sneezed while curling my eyelashes and it pulled out every single lash. I couldn't believe it. I had to wear false eyelashes for month just to keep junk out of my eye. It was really strange. That is when I quit curling my eyelashes.
I'm so sorry Punki but I bust out laughing when I read this!! Until I realized how horribly painful it must have been!
Old Apr 22, 2007, 9:39 pm

Programs: AA LT G (1MM);DL G, UA GM
Originally Posted by BaliParis
I also received Fiberwig mascara from Sephora but have not tried yet. It claims "It's Paint-On False Lashes!, No more raccoon eyes" I was curious.
Yesterday I went to Sephora and tried out the Blinc mascara on one eye and Fiberwig on the other (very cool that Sephora provides disposible mascara applicators). Both seem to work the same way, but the Blinc made my lashes look more lush and long.

Removing the mascara I started wondering whether I was losing any lashes, and Punki's comment makes me worry more. I'll probably do another trial and pay more attention when I remove the mascara. And look for Trish M. to try.
Old Apr 22, 2007, 10:44 pm
Original Member

Programs: TSA Refusenik charter member
Loads of threads on "holy grail" mascaras over at Essential Day Spa's forums. @:-) Have fun.

Also, lots on different types of eyelash curler gizmos. I think I've mentioned it before in this forum, but once I discovered goof-proof heated lash-curlers I can't imagine going backward in technology. Those clamp-style things are a ***** to use by comparison.

-30-

Last edited by essxjay; Apr 22, 2007 at 10:58 pm
Old Apr 28, 2007, 6:17 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Fairmont Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
A while ago I had said that I didn't know if I was going to like my new Kiss Me mascara. Well, I love it now! When I first opened it, it didn't seem to get much mascara on the brush, but the more I have used it the more that gets on the brush now. I love the tubes that come off when I wash my face at night.
Old Apr 28, 2007, 10:32 pm

Reporting back on the Shisheido Mascara Base + Trish McEvoy Mascara 1-2 ........... results were disappointing. (flaking mostly.... I had bits of mascara down to my nose by the end of the day)

I will try the Trish on bare lashes next...

I cut my eyelashes down to stubs with a similar event with an eyelash curler ~ as if I had them to lose! I was horrified when I saw all of them on the sink.
Old Apr 29, 2007, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by YYCWoMaN
Reporting back on the Shisheido Mascara Base + Trish McEvoy Mascara 1-2 ........... results were disappointing. (flaking mostly.... I had bits of mascara down to my nose by the end of the day)

I will try the Trish on bare lashes next...

I cut my eyelashes down to stubs with a similar event with an eyelash curler ~ as if I had them to lose! I was horrified when I saw all of them on the sink.
Oh, that's scary about the eyelash curler. Did they grow back as good as they were in the first place?

By the way, Welcome to Flyertalk.
Old Apr 29, 2007, 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by svenskaflicka
Oh, that's scary about the eyelash curler. Did they grow back as good as they were in the first place?

By the way, Welcome to Flyertalk.
Yes, grew back -- I am sure it wasn't as noticeable as I felt it was.... I am SO eyelash-inferior (LOL)

Late husband and both offspring had/have featherduster lashes.... maddening

Thanks for welcome ~ I've actually been around for a long time, took my time to register and I don't post much.
Old Apr 29, 2007, 8:06 pm

Programs: US Platinum, DL GM
Originally Posted by AirportPlanner
What I don't like is that it feels heavier than regular mascara
At the urging of all, I purchased Blinc mascara the other day when I was passing by a Sephora store. I'm tried it and had the exact same experience -- my eyelashes feel "heavy." I've never noticed my eyelashes before and have worn mascara (cheap Maybelline) every day for a gazillion years. I'm going to try it again a few more times, as I really like that it doesn't smudge. I hadn't realized how much my other mascara smudged until I tried this one.

Anyone else's lashes also feel "heavy" with the Blinc mascara? Any suggestions?
Old Apr 30, 2007, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by SleepPHL
At the urging of all, I purchased Blinc mascara the other day when I was passing by a Sephora store. I'm tried it and had the exact same experience -- my eyelashes feel "heavy." I've never noticed my eyelashes before and have worn mascara (cheap Maybelline) every day for a gazillion years. I'm going to try it again a few more times, as I really like that it doesn't smudge. I hadn't realized how much my other mascara smudged until I tried this one.

Anyone else's lashes also feel "heavy" with the Blinc mascara? Any suggestions?
No, mine don't. The only mini complaint that I have is that it really doesn't thicken my lashes enough. They look skinny again after about two minutes. I don't want spyder eyes, but I like it to look like I am wearing mascara.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.