FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Women Travelers (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/women-travelers-166/)
-   -   The all-time, flat-out, best mascara in the world. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/women-travelers/665481-all-time-flat-out-best-mascara-world.html)

Punki Feb 27, 2007 7:02 pm

The all-time, flat-out, best mascara in the world.

I suffered for years from raccoon eyes when I travelled.

Last summer I started using Trish McEvoy mascara and it is the best in the world. Even on long international flights, it just stays right in place until you take it off. (I take it off with baby oil.)

It is a little more expensive than the drug store brands, but sooooooooooo worth it.

Try this and you will never be sorry.

benolathe Feb 28, 2007 7:02 am

Thanks for the tip. I finally completely gave up on mascara a few years ago - have never been able to find anything that will stay ON the lashes and NOT transfer to the lower eye area for the "raccoon eyes." And, I'm surprised that you say you only suffer from them when traveling - my issue is anytime that I try to use mascara. So, I wonder if this brand would help?

amsNYC Feb 28, 2007 10:37 am

Kiss Me Mascara!

by blinc
http://www.blincinc.com/?gclid=CIq7x...FR9BgQodjy14bA

I can't speak to any of their other products but the mascara is the BEST! I have long super-duper-straight lashes and always had problems with smudging and 'racoon' eyes but the Kiss Me has changed my life.
AND - even though the mascara is 'water-proof' - eg rain or crying - it comes off easily with water and gentle rubbing at the end of the day.

Hard to explain - but to get off you soak eyelashes with water (w/ cotton pad or washcloth), then gently pull 'tubes' of mascara off each eyelash.

Bonus is not having mascara 'crud' in your eyes in the am and not suffering from greasy-eyes from oily make-up removers

YMMV - but I love it!
:)

Originally Posted by benolathe (Post 7312265)
have never been able to find anything that will stay ON the lashes and NOT transfer to the lower eye area for the "raccoon eyes." ?

Buster Feb 28, 2007 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by Punki (Post 7309462)
I suffered for years from raccoon eyes when I travelled.

Last summer I started using Trish McEvoy mascara and it is the best in the world. Even on long international flights, it just stays right in place until you take it off. (I take it off with baby oil.)

It is a little more expensive than the drug store brands, but sooooooooooo worth it.

Try this and you will never be sorry.

Punki, which mascara are you using? That link has 3 different Trish McEvoy mascaras on the page...

MissJoeyDFW Feb 28, 2007 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by amsNYC (Post 7313730)
by blinc
http://www.blincinc.com/?gclid=CIq7x...FR9BgQodjy14bA

I can't speak to any of their other products but the mascara is the BEST! :)

How long does a tube of mascara last you? Can you buy it in stores anywhere or just online?

Thanks

Punki Mar 1, 2007 8:09 pm

I use the Lash Curling formula.

I suspect that it is quite similar to the blinc mascara the amsNYC describes as it too covers the individual lashes with "tubes" of mascara. I was once told that it was based on a special Japanese technology. I use baby oil on a cotton ball to remove my mascara and that works very well.

Typically, I try to get a new tube of mascara every month. This not only keeps the mascara fresh, but also reduces the possiblity of eye infections.

I am so happy with this product that I may even try some additional Trish McEvoy items.

Nanook Mar 1, 2007 9:04 pm

Thanks for the tip, Punki. I've given up on mascara, too, but would give your recommendation a try.

gj83 Mar 1, 2007 9:08 pm

Originally Posted by benolathe (Post 7312265)
... have never been able to find anything that will stay ON the lashes and NOT transfer to the lower eye area for the "raccoon eyes." And, I'm surprised that you say you only suffer from them when traveling - my issue is anytime that I try to use mascara. So, I wonder if this brand would help?

I have never had success with waterproof mascara and assumed it was due to my oily skin. I haven't tried non waterproof stuff because i figured there must have been a reason to make the waterproof stuff to begin with.

I wonder if that stuff really works.

buffy888 Mar 1, 2007 9:34 pm

I have to second the vote for Blinc Kiss Me mascara. I have always had oily skin, but never had problems with mascara smudging until I hit my early 30s. Tried several waterproof and/or smudgeproof formulas from different brands to no avail. (When I think about it, if I have oily skin, then "waterproof" doesn't really mean anythin - oil and water are two very different things). I had heard about the Kiss Me mascara from a couple of friends who loved it - didn't think it would work for me since nothing else had... But I have not had a single smudge since I have been using this. It is pricier than drugstore mascaras, but at similar price to some department store mascaras that I tried before, so I definitely think it is worth it. (I actually bought mine at a Beauty First store on a 20% off day, so that certainly helped.)

Might have to try the Trish next time around just for comparison - since that is one of the few brands I did not try once I started smudging - but I do think the Kiss Me is a winner.

MissJoeyDFW Mar 1, 2007 9:43 pm

Originally Posted by buffy888 (Post 7323885)
I have to second the vote for Blinc Kiss Me mascara. I have always had oily skin, but never had problems with mascara smudging until I hit my early 30s. Tried several waterproof and/or smudgeproof formulas from different brands to no avail. (When I think about it, if I have oily skin, then "waterproof" doesn't really mean anythin - oil and water are two very different things). I had heard about the Kiss Me mascara from a couple of friends who loved it - didn't think it would work for me since nothing else had... But I have not had a single smudge since I have been using this. It is pricier than drugstore mascaras, but at similar price to some department store mascaras that I tried before, so I definitely think it is worth it. (I actually bought mine at a Beauty First store on a 20% off day, so that certainly helped.)

Might have to try the Trish next time around just for comparison - since that is one of the few brands I did not try once I started smudging - but I do think the Kiss Me is a winner.

OK you ladies sold me, I ordered some. I should have it some time next week. I will let you know how I like it!

Punki Mar 3, 2007 11:43 pm

This morning, I got up very early in the morning in France, put on my make-up, and went to breakfast. We thereafter drove to Basel, flew to Frankfurt, then Dulles, and finally Seattle. I slept off and on along the way.

When I got home, my mascara looked just as good as it did when I put it on. Gotta love this stuff. :)

karenkay Mar 11, 2007 9:03 am

i'll belatedly 'third' the vote for blinc 'kiss me' mascara. the stuff is amazing, doesn't smudge and comes off easily with soap and warm water. i've stopped wearing eye pencil 'cause it smudges under my eyes throughout the day, even if i only put it on the top lid (oily skin means we get fewer wrinkles later, though, right?) but the kiss me is here to stay.

as an fyi, i bought mine on ebay--new and unused, obviously--for less than what you'd pay elsewhere. ^

brendamc Mar 11, 2007 10:46 am

Does Trish McEvoy's or Blinc come off with a non-oily eye makeup remover like Lancome's dark blue stuff? I can't use baby oil or oil-based or soap on my eyes...

MissJoeyDFW Mar 11, 2007 10:55 am

Originally Posted by brendamc (Post 7382269)
Does Trish McEvoy's or Blinc come off with a non-oily eye makeup remover like Lancome's dark blue stuff? I can't use baby oil or oil-based or soap on my eyes...

I got my Blinc Kiss Me mascara a few days ago. I don't use soap around my eyes either because my eyes are so sensitive. I just use warm water on a cloth and the Blinc mascara easily comes off. It's different in how it comes off your lash. Instead of having big black smudges on your cloth, you will have what appears to be black lines or tubes which easily shake off your cloth. Oh and if you forget to take the mascara off at night, you are still going to have on nearly the same amount you went to bed with.

karenkay Mar 11, 2007 10:29 pm

Originally Posted by MissJoeyDFW (Post 7382300)
<snip> Oh and if you forget to take the mascara off at night, you are still going to have on nearly the same amount you went to bed with.

some folks may view that as a feature ;)