Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Women Travelers
Reload this Page >

The all-time, flat-out, best mascara in the world.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2008, 3:56 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by iff
I've bought it there in the past. Don't forget to get miles! Owlchick, I see that UA currently has 5 miles/$1 at Sephora.com...
Hahaha! I am so there!
Old May 3, 2010, 1:29 pm

I just started using Revitalash mascara and I'm over the moon in love! I love that after a day of walking around in heat and humidity there's no flaking or raccoon eyes. Heck, I can even exercise for an hour (weights and elliptical machine) and it stays put. It's also easy to remove while washing my face. I can honestly say I'll never use any other mascara unless it's necessary. Check their site.

http://www.revitalash.com
Old May 16, 2010, 5:32 am

I love this stuff

I have used loads of mascara over the years, and have come full circle back to my make up origins. Maybelline! Their new Volume mascara(yellow fat tube) is just lovely and the Ultra Glam Black gives even my smokey lashes some color. Their Falsies(purple fat tube) I stock up on these when Boots has them 2 for 3.
Old Jun 10, 2010, 10:33 am

Programs: AA LT Gold, 1.5MM, Marriot
After years of testing various mascaras, I have to confess that I have two great loves: Benefit's BadGirl and Covergirl's LashBlast (original). I was shocked when I tried LashBlast and it turned out to be awesome. Not waterproof, but so far, even in Midwest humidity, I haven't had any problems. Love it!

GG
Old Jun 12, 2010, 8:17 pm

Location: Vancouver (Not BC), WA (Not DC)...I'm in a PDX flight path.
Programs: Elite peon; MR Gold; HH Silver; BW Diamond (status match)
Some of my favorites:

1. Tarte Four Day Lash Stain. This is my rainy-day/funeral mascara. It's literally bulletproof. For me, it comes off fairly easily with Clinique's Take The Day Off for Lids, Lashes and Lips. I have to do two or three swipes to ensure it's all off, but I don't have to sit there and scrub-n-tug like a madwoman to get it off. I've also been known to use Philsophy's Purity Made Simple facial cleanser to get it all off. EDIT: My personal testimonial on this mascara...I've worn it to 3 funerals in the last 6 months, all of which involved heavy, heavy tears and one was outside on a drizzly December day...no raccoon eyes whatsoever. I'll wear it to school on the rainiest days here in the NW...no raccoon eyes. It also stands up to my eyes watering because of my contacts. This mascara is WORTH IT!

2. Another vote for Benefit BADGal Lash. I have both the black and the deep plum colors. Separate they look awesome...together (black base, plum tips), they look AMAZING!

3. Clinique Naturally Glossy Mascara - my every day mascara!

4. Lancome Virtuose Black Carat Divine Lasting Curves - quickly becoming a favorite of mine but it's too expensive (to me at least) to use as an everyday mascara.

-- signed, the mascara whore. LOL

Last edited by wsucougarchick05; Jun 25, 2010 at 12:09 pm
Old Jun 15, 2010, 4:27 pm

My absolute favorite mascara is DiorShow Mascara. This is the perfect mascara..... my search is over. After trying just about every mascara on the market this is the best in show. Now I know why the Sephora that I always go to never has any black in stock.
Old Jun 16, 2010, 10:40 pm

Originally Posted by SleepPHL
At the urging of all, I purchased Blinc mascara the other day when I was passing by a Sephora store. I'm tried it and had the exact same experience -- my eyelashes feel "heavy." I've never noticed my eyelashes before and have worn mascara (cheap Maybelline) every day for a gazillion years. I'm going to try it again a few more times, as I really like that it doesn't smudge. I hadn't realized how much my other mascara smudged until I tried this one.

Anyone else's lashes also feel "heavy" with the Blinc mascara? Any suggestions?
I love the Blinc mascara, my lashes don't feel heavy.
Old Jun 22, 2010, 3:26 pm

My main problem with mascara is clumping. Even if it doesn't happen when I first start the new tube, it does after a couple of weeks. I'm starting to wonder if the secret isn't to buy the drugstore brands, but buy a new one once a month.
Old Jun 25, 2010, 7:20 am

Programs: AA LT Gold, 1.5MM, Marriot
Originally Posted by whitearrow
My main problem with mascara is clumping. Even if it doesn't happen when I first start the new tube, it does after a couple of weeks. I'm starting to wonder if the secret isn't to buy the drugstore brands, but buy a new one once a month.
If you pump the wand in the tube, you're putting air into the mascara goo, which dries out the mascara and tends to make it clump faster. Instead, try putting the wand into the tube, twisting it, and pulling it back out to use.
Old Jun 25, 2010, 10:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Lancome is a sponsor of the BAFTA (British Oscars) Awards. In the goody bag this year to celebrate their 10th annual sponsorship was some expensive eye creme as well as Hypnose mascara. The Hypnose has quite lengthened my lashes so I'm currently a fan. Since my date being male had no interest in either, I got his eye cream & mascara too (note - his lashes are incredibly long naturally; just not fair).

Cheers.
Old Jul 9, 2010, 10:13 am

Another Blinc believer here. Just withstood the heat & humidity in Manhattan and being slept in overnight--and still looked great and natural. Worth every penny.
Old Jul 11, 2010, 11:27 am

Programs: DL DM
Never mind masacara: Latisse.

Strangers now comment on my long, dark, thick lashes. No applying mascara, no removing mascara. I can wear mascara on top of my lashes, but it looks like I'm wearing false lashes at that point.
Old Jul 18, 2010, 8:53 am

I've been using Shu Uemura's length and waterproof mascara for last few years. It's been my absolute favorite and I tried different mascaras by Shu Uemura but I switched back to the Length and Waterproof because there's nothing like it. It curls very well, holds your lashes up strongly, doesn't smudge really, and is applied thinly onto your lashes. It is waterproof, and no raccooning.
Old Jul 18, 2010, 8:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: La Ministreuse de Surréalisme, CO Plat, MR Plat, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by happy2traveler202
My absolute favorite mascara is DiorShow Mascara. This is the perfect mascara..... my search is over. After trying just about every mascara on the market this is the best in show. Now I know why the Sephora that I always go to never has any black in stock.
^ Plus1! I usually order 2 at a time online.
Old Jul 19, 2010, 9:49 pm

Programs: UA, DL, AA, BD, NZ, QF, DJ, RCC, SPG, Priority Club, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by happy2traveler202
Plus 2 - I have used this for years and am a huge fan. Once in a while I'll try something else but always go back to Diorshow. It is outrageously expensive Downunder (even Duty Free) so stock up on my trips back to the U.S.

Last edited by chchkiwi; Jul 19, 2010 at 9:51 pm Reason: Clarification

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.