Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Women Travelers
Reload this Page >

The all-time, flat-out, best mascara in the world.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The all-time, flat-out, best mascara in the world.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2007, 12:37 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Ephesians 4:31-32
Thank you, kuroneko. I will definitely give the SHISEIDO THE MAKEUP MASCARA BASE a try.

Like YYCWoMaN, I too am obsessed with eyelashes, so I will definitely give any raved about suggestions a try.

There is another magical eye lash product that actually works. It is called Double Lash, and it really does thicken your natural lashes. I have a small gap in my eye lashes on my lower left eye lid and when I use this product regularly I actually grow a couple of lashes in the gap. I am going to stick with it religiously from now on.
Old Mar 31, 2007, 7:58 am

My daughter purchased Blinc at Sephora yesterday. She doesn't like it. She has long lashes - most mascaras leave a mess on her face. She's tried MAC with some success. Any suggestions?

I have Trish McAvoy curling - I like it but my lashes are still stick straight.
Old Mar 31, 2007, 11:18 am
Suspended
Original Poster

What was it that she did not like about Blinc?

Has she tried your Trish McEvoy?

My eye lashes are stick straight too, but with the Trish curling formula, they are more straight up rather than straight down, giving my eyes a more open look.

I wonder if I will still be messing around with make-up, unguents and potients when I am 95? I hope so.
Old Mar 31, 2007, 11:36 am

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
After reading this thread, I order some Blink mascara from the web site. It arrived right away. I love it! I have been wearing some drug store water proof mascara and getting raccoon eyes in the morning. Not only does the Blinc stay on, but I look several years younger. I thought I had permanent dark circles under my eyes. Evidently, the mascara wasn't coming completely off even though I wash my face with soap and water and carefully scrub my eyes. Someone commented to me Thursday that my eyes looked much better.

In addition, it comes in brown. I'm blonde and the lightest I can generally find is black/brown.

I tend to get a little on the area between my eye and brow. I wait a little and then just brush the mess off.
Old Mar 31, 2007, 9:48 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, United Plat
I purchased the Blinc mascara. It's more 'liquidy' than standard mascaras, and I have really long eyelashes, so I tend to get the Blinc mascara all over my eyelids during application. It's not a big deal to get it off once it's dried, and I do try to be more careful during application.

Overall, I'd say it's great because it doesn't smudge after it dries, but it is harder to apply.
Old Apr 1, 2007, 5:22 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

In preparation for my son's wedding (which is in 6 weeks), I had my makeup professionally applied by a very well-regarded make-up artist. This was a test run to see how well I liked the results. I loved the results. He spent about an hour just applying the foundation which resulted in my looking as if I were wearing less makeup When it came down to the eyeliner and mascara, his choices were: YSL liquid eyeliner and Laura Mercier Mascara. I bought both and love the products. The Laura Mercier mascara is excellent; in fact, someone asked me if he had applied individual lashes.He did not for the "test run," So this gentleman will be applying my makeup for the wedding and I will be wearing the Laura Mercier mascara, along with some individually applied lashes.
Old Apr 2, 2007, 3:40 pm

[QUOTE=Punki;7503001]What was it that she did not like about Blinc?

Has she tried your Trish McEvoy? [QUOTE]

She had trouble with the Blinc applicator - the mascara made her lashes stick together. She tried my Trish McEvoy. She liked it except that it (like most mascaras) made her lashes way too long.
Old Apr 2, 2007, 5:45 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

snowdogs writes:

She liked it except that it (like most mascaras) made her lashes way too long.
Aaargh! My little sister has that "problem" as well. I hate her. (Just kidding. She is really adorable.) She has actually trimmed her eye lashes because they rubbed against her sunglasses.

Those of us with less than a dozen, whimpy little eye lashes are green with envy.
Old Apr 2, 2007, 10:04 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Husband AA EXP (yeah!!) Hya Dia, Marriott
Originally Posted by WineIsGood
I purchased the Blinc mascara. It's more 'liquidy' than standard mascaras, and I have really long eyelashes, so I tend to get the Blinc mascara all over my eyelids during application. It's not a big deal to get it off once it's dried, and I do try to be more careful during application.

Overall, I'd say it's great because it doesn't smudge after it dries, but it is harder to apply.
Glad that wasn't just me being clumsy - I have long lashes too & always end up with a bit smudged both on top & bottom, which means get out the Q-tip & clean it up, then re-apply eyeshadow. Kindof a hassle... Does it get 'drier' as it gets older?
Old Apr 3, 2007, 12:20 am
iff

Originally Posted by brendamc
Glad that wasn't just me being clumsy - I have long lashes too & always end up with a bit smudged both on top & bottom, which means get out the Q-tip & clean it up, then re-apply eyeshadow. Kindof a hassle... Does it get 'drier' as it gets older?
No, not really. Your question made me realize, though, that after trying Blinc Kiss Me mascara I have changed my habits to apply mascara first and then eyeshadow and liner, no matter what brand of mascara I'm using. I actually liked the brush in the old blue packaging better than the one in the newer silver packaging -- the figure-8 curve of the new one just doesn't work for me very well.

Surprisingly, Nivea Lash Revolution Waterproof mascara is working best for me these days (I don't think it's available in the US -- I buy it in France), though the tubes tend to dry out quickly. It stays put with no smudging or raccoon effect, which is a real challenge for my very sensitive and often watery eyes.

Last edited by iff; Apr 3, 2007 at 12:21 am Reason: typo
Old Apr 3, 2007, 10:17 am

Blinc

I got my Blinc mascara about a week ago and I have to say it has pros and cons. I love that it doesn't smudge. I've also noticed that my eyes are much brighter. I must have had residual mascara under my eyes that I never even noticed. It does make a difference. It comes off in the shower very easily. Love that. I do wonder how it would do while swimming. Does anyone have any experience with that?

What I don't like is that it feels heavier than regular mascara, and my lashes tend to stick together if I don't use surgical care in application. Because i can feel the lashes (heavier) I touch them to try to separate and end up pulling the tubes off - mostly just on the tiny lashes closest to my nose. I've never before felt the urge to pick at my eyelashes so I'm not sure what that's about.

I also make a bit of a mess on my upper lids. Need to clean up with a Q-tip.
Old Apr 3, 2007, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by snowdogs
My daughter purchased Blinc at Sephora yesterday. She doesn't like it. She has long lashes - most mascaras leave a mess on her face. She's tried MAC with some success. Any suggestions?

I have Trish McAvoy curling - I like it but my lashes are still stick straight.
I have the same problem as your daughter, and for that reason, my new favorite mascara is actually not a mascara at all! A few months ago, I started using a product called 1000 Hours Lash & Brow tint. It's an Australian product: http://www.pharmacyonline.com.au/100...5389c7b9013b7a. It is amazing! I tint myself every 4-6 weeks, the whole process takes about 15 minutes, and it makes my lashes look so dark and glossy (I use the blue-black color)! Now for everyday all I do is swipe on a little lash conditioner (I use the Ardell drugstore brand), and curl my lashes, and I'm good to go. It cost about $25 including shipping to the U.S., and there's enough product that I shouldn't have to reorder for a year.
Old Apr 3, 2007, 6:47 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Fairmont Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by brendamc
I have really long lashes on the top and very short on the bottom. I am always smudging the bottom lashes. Any tips on how to best apply mascara on the bottom lashes?
Old Apr 3, 2007, 8:53 pm

Blinc's Kiss Me is great! Thanks for the recommendation. I picked it up at Sephora last week. It was approximately $24.

It is sooo nice not to have raccoon eyes.
Old Apr 3, 2007, 11:26 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Originally Posted by svenskaflicka
I have really long lashes on the top and very short on the bottom. I am always smudging the bottom lashes. Any tips on how to best apply mascara on the bottom lashes?
My make-up guy doesn't believe in mascara for bottom lashes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.