Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Women Travelers
Reload this Page >

The all-time, flat-out, best mascara in the world.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The all-time, flat-out, best mascara in the world.

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2007, 8:32 am

Programs: AA PLT and that's that!
I've been using the Trish McEvoy mascara for about 2 months now. The one thing I don't like about it is that I can really feel that I am wearing it. It sort of makes my eyelashes feel heavy. Think I will give the blinc mascara a try.
Old May 8, 2007, 8:38 am

I haven't tried Blinc, but have tried the Trish McEvoy. It seemed to clump my eyelashes together so then I wiped the wand off first before I applied it. In the meantime, I bought Clinique Gentle Waterproof Mascara and I love it. It's very light feeling and makes lashes (at least mine) look like they have some substance. It's really waterproof but it washed off easily with soap and water.
Old Jul 5, 2007, 10:58 am

Programs: AA Plat
Jemma Kidd Lasting Tint mascara

Has anyone tried this product? It claims to be lightweight and lasting.
Old Jul 5, 2007, 8:48 pm

Programs: AA Gold, *wood Gold, Hilton Honors Gold
I vote for Aveda's mosscara topped off by Mary Kay's waterproof mascara. I love Aveda but need the waterproof so I just do a single stroke on my upper and lower lashes after putting on Aveda.
Old Aug 9, 2007, 3:32 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Another Blinc Convert

Am currently in RST and there is a new cosmetics shop in town (About Face). They carry some very nice products, including Blinc. So, I bought Blinc. That mascara is truly remarkable. Looks as if I have eyelash extensions. I just called them to ask them to hold 4 more tubes which I'll pick up tomorrow.
This is a great product! ^
Old Aug 11, 2007, 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by obscure2k
Am currently in RST and there is a new cosmetics shop in town (About Face). They carry some very nice products, including Blinc. So, I bought Blinc. That mascara is truly remarkable. Looks as if I have eyelash extensions. I just called them to ask them to hold 4 more tubes which I'll pick up tomorrow.
This is a great product! ^
I'll have to give it a try. I bought the Blinc battery operated hot eyelash curler but it did not work one iota for me. I was disappointed because I hate those metal eyelash curlers, but I guess I'm stuck with them.

I also tried the Trish McAvoy curling mascara recommended on FT. It didn't curl my eyelashes anymore than any other, but it washed off fantastically. In the removal department I give it 5*****s.

Bobette
Old Aug 11, 2007, 8:01 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Just tried the Blinc eyeliner. Excellent ^
Old Jan 15, 2008, 11:54 pm

Programs: UA
Eyeliner?

Obscure2k, are you still using the Blinc eyeliner as well as the mascara?

I'm trying to find a nice waterproof eyeliner. How's the eyeliner working for you? It sounds so mystical in the website description.
Old Jan 17, 2008, 8:57 pm

Programs: AA, SPG
Jemma Kidd lash tint

Originally Posted by 3ata
Has anyone tried this product? It claims to be lightweight and lasting.
I've been using this and I really like it. It does indeed makes your lashes dark for a couple of days. Though for some reason I tend to make more messes with it than normal, so I just keep the Qtips and makeup remover handy.

Sometimes I put it on at night if I know I don't want to wear much makeup the next day. It's light and doesn't give you long lashes, so if you want you can use another mascara over it.

It may only be available at Neiman Marcus in the U.S.
Old Jan 18, 2008, 1:29 am
iff

Originally Posted by Owlchick
Obscure2k, are you still using the Blinc eyeliner as well as the mascara?

I'm trying to find a nice waterproof eyeliner. How's the eyeliner working for you? It sounds so mystical in the website description.
I'm not Obscure2K, but I got the eyeliner a while back mostly out of curiosity, as I'm not really a liquid eyeliner wearer. I have to say I was impressed! If I ever wanted to start using liquid eyeliner, this would be the one. It came off easily with a Q-tip if I made any mistakes applying it, but in actual wear it stayed in place without smearing or smudging. Amazing stuff. ^ Don't hesitate to give it a try.
Old Jan 18, 2008, 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by iff
I'm not Obscure2K, but I got the eyeliner a while back mostly out of curiosity, as I'm not really a liquid eyeliner wearer. I have to say I was impressed! If I ever wanted to start using liquid eyeliner, this would be the one. It came off easily with a Q-tip if I made any mistakes applying it, but in actual wear it stayed in place without smearing or smudging. Amazing stuff. ^ Don't hesitate to give it a try.
Awesome. Looks like a trip to Sephora is in my future

I've used eyeliner pencils, but want to try something better than the drugstore liquids I've been testing out.

Thanks!
Old Jan 20, 2008, 6:57 pm

I am so excited to try this new mascara and eyeliner!! Thanks everyone for the reviews and comments on all the brands! I have sweep the floor lashes and as such have not had much luck with liners and mascara but willing to try almost anything!

I also joined the "test tube" sampler program and can't wait to get my first one! I will definately be hiding it from my teenage daughters!!

I think it is time for a trip into NYC to the Sephora store!!!
Old Jan 23, 2008, 12:09 pm

Disappointment reigns in the Owlchick nest as the closest Sephora does not carry Blinc's eyeliner

They did have the mascara, though, so I bought one of the last tubes. Since I don't usually use mascara, I wasn't sure about the whole process.

Oh. My. God. My eyelashes are so pretty now! There seem to be more of them than I remember. I tested the mascara by sleeping with it applied on just one side and glory be and pass the petunias, it remained beautiful and intact!

And the "tubes" came off easily in the shower. I stood there holding them, marveling at technology.

If the eyeliner works anything like this, I am going to hunt it down!
Old Jan 23, 2008, 12:46 pm

Have you checked the online Sephora.com store? That is where I ordered the Blinc mascara.
Old Jan 23, 2008, 1:31 pm
iff

Originally Posted by benolathe
Have you checked the online Sephora.com store? That is where I ordered the Blinc mascara.
I've bought it there in the past. Don't forget to get miles! Owlchick, I see that UA currently has 5 miles/$1 at Sephora.com...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.