Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Women Travelers
Reload this Page >

The all-time, flat-out, best mascara in the world.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The all-time, flat-out, best mascara in the world.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2010, 6:52 pm

This is it!

With my last Sephora order they sent me a sample of Tarte Lash Hugger Mascara. This is really the best mascara I've ever used. It's not a heavy mascara and washes off really easily yet stands up to the heat and humidity of Washington DC where I was last week. I love this mascara.

Bobette
Old Feb 28, 2012, 9:12 pm

My favorite mascara is Japanese. It beats all American mascaras. You can find them in Japanese markets in the U.S or online.

It's call the Kiss Me Heroine Mascara.

It's waterproof but easy to take off. Never flakes or smudges. Holds a curl. I discovered it while on a business trip to Japan.
http://www.makeupalley.com/product/s..._curl_mascara_
Old Mar 1, 2012, 7:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chchkiwi
Plus 2 - I have used this for years and am a huge fan. Once in a while I'll try something else but always go back to Diorshow. It is outrageously expensive Downunder (even Duty Free) so stock up on my trips back to the U.S.
Another Diorshow fan - the waterproof one for me - it's fab!
Old Mar 1, 2012, 1:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM Flier, SPG Plt, Hilton Dia
Originally Posted by emma69
Another Diorshow fan - the waterproof one for me - it's fab!
Another +1 here.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 3:35 pm

Lancome

I used Diorshow for years, before I got a sample of the Lancome Defincils Waterproof. It stays on beautifully, no smudges even after all-nighters and stays on without looking cakey.
Old Mar 9, 2012, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by avjwc
My favorite mascara is Japanese. It beats all American mascaras. You can find them in Japanese markets in the U.S or online.

It's call the Kiss Me Heroine Mascara.

It's waterproof but easy to take off. Never flakes or smudges. Holds a curl. I discovered it while on a business trip to Japan.
http://www.makeupalley.com/product/s..._curl_mascara_
This one also works really well for me. I've also tried MAJOLICA MAJORCA Lash Expander Frame Plus 2009 edition and liked the Kiss Me Heroine Make Long & Curl better. Remove with an oil based remover or their corresponding makeup remover.

Here's a list of popular Japanese mascaras http://translate.googleusercontent.c...ueCd7vC_m1qQNg
Old Mar 9, 2012, 4:14 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Right now I am loving the Tom Ford mascara. ^
Old Apr 13, 2012, 4:24 pm

Programs: DL Gold, HH Gold
Just a FYI - I was just at Costco and they had the Blinc mascara on clearance for $10.97. Was $15.99 at Costco.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 8:33 pm

Originally Posted by BaliParis
Just a FYI - I was just at Costco and they had the Blinc mascara on clearance for $10.97. Was $15.99 at Costco.
What a great price!
Old Apr 14, 2012, 5:50 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by BaliParis
Wow! That's a really good deal!
Old May 28, 2012, 8:13 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Platinum
If you like the way your lashes LOOK - you like the brush. If you like the WEAR, it is the mascara.

I always loved Lancome Defenicils, but didn't like the price...plus I didn't think it lasted very long. A former Lancome exec gave me the above "mascara rule"...and she was right.

Ever since, I have kept all my Lancome brushes..(washing them regularly, of course) and use a more reasonably priced, longer lasting mascara.

Keep the mascara sealed with the original brush, and use the original to apply the first coat or so. Use your fav brush to achieve your look, and you'll get the look AND wear you want!
Old May 29, 2012, 12:25 am

Programs: I have commitment issues.
Originally Posted by sophiegirl
If you like the way your lashes LOOK - you like the brush. If you like the WEAR, it is the mascara.
Keep the mascara sealed with the original brush, and use the original to apply the first coat or so. Use your fav brush to achieve your look, and you'll get the look AND wear you want!
Thanks for that tip Sophiegirl. I'm going to try that out. I always knew there was some magic in the brushes.
Old Jun 24, 2012, 8:10 am

Programs: Delta FO, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond Elite
Loreal Double Extend Beauty Tubes Mascara!

It's similar to the Blinc in that it creates little tubes around your lashes, but I usually only pay $8-10 each. I wash it off in the shower the next morning with just a little pressure. The only problem I've had is that I have to make sure I have my contacts on in the shower so that I can make sure that the little spent tubes go down the drain and don't get stuck to the shower wall or curtain, because they do stick if they dry.
Old Jun 24, 2012, 10:38 pm

Programs: I have commitment issues.
Originally Posted by xinerevelle
It's similar to the Blinc in that it creates little tubes around your lashes, but I usually only pay $8-10 each. I wash it off in the shower the next morning with just a little pressure. The only problem I've had is that I have to make sure I have my contacts on in the shower so that I can make sure that the little spent tubes go down the drain and don't get stuck to the shower wall or curtain, because they do stick if they dry.
Hoorah! I'm a fan of the Blinc tubing mascara but not a fan of the pricetag. Will definitely try this out.
Old Jun 30, 2012, 12:22 pm

A relative newcomer to the list

Benefit's They're Real Mascara
http://www.benefitcosmetics.com/prod...ew/theyre-real

Its not waterproof but stays on, and is so amazing I have been asked if my eyelashes are real so it is a perfect name! Love, love, love this stuff!

Only time I ever had any prob with it was flyfishing in 100+ degree Atlanta weather, but then my whole face melted I think!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.