Wiki Posts
Search

Westjet Gold Status Match

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2015, 11:21 am
Company Representative: WestJet

Programs: WestJet Rewards
Originally Posted by Kitty3008
Hey, rookie WestJet person... be gentle, could not find the answer on the forum...

Do flights bought with WestJet dollars count towards the gold status challenge?

And from the travel bank dollars?

Finding that I need to regularly email WJ about flights not posting to my account... just wondering what the rules actually are.

Thanks!!!
Any flight that has at least some cash contribution toward the base fare (i.e. not taxes) will count as your qualifying flight.

~Darren
Old Nov 9, 2015, 1:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: SE100K - Air Canada, WestJet Gold
Flew one leg on WJ this week. Is that sufficient to retain gold status? (status matched Gold from last year's offer)
Old Nov 9, 2015, 4:26 pm

Programs: MR Plat
Originally Posted by misapply
Flew one leg on WJ this week. Is that sufficient to retain gold status? (status matched Gold from last year's offer)
Check your Tier Valid Until date (Rewards > Summary) once the flight posts to your WestJet account.

Mine updated immediately to Dec 31, 2016 once an eligible flight posted.
Old Nov 9, 2015, 5:19 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Globex
Check your Tier Valid Until date (Rewards > Summary) once the flight posts to your WestJet account.

Mine updated immediately to Dec 31, 2016 once an eligible flight posted.
Thank you. My flight showed up but it still says Feb 2016?
Old Nov 9, 2015, 6:07 pm

Programs: MR Plat
Originally Posted by misapply
Thank you. My flight showed up but it still says Feb 2016?
Did you get the email saying you were automatically registered and that you only had to fly once with WestJet to extend the Gold status?
Old Nov 9, 2015, 8:17 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Globex
Did you get the email saying you were automatically registered and that you only had to fly once with WestJet to extend the Gold status?
No. When I was a lurker I found out about the promotion on FT. I heard back from their fantastic FB team.

"Gold status extensions work the same. You should see the update within 30 days of travel. Hope that helps."
Old Nov 22, 2017, 12:06 pm

Programs: Yes, I belong.
Just bumping up this thread. Is WS offering a status match again? Did those who match alter their flying habits?

I matched to Gold a couple of years ago and flew WS more often, usually on transcon routes where I could buy Plus at OLCI. For routes between smaller stations, WS didn’t really fly them so I stuck with AC for those. Then my partner and I decided to try and use points/miles for a while to reduce costs (we had built up a lot of points on business cc spend), but now those points are mostly gone.

Now, we’ll be heading back towards revenue tickets and while I still have lowest FF tier on another airline — would have been higher but other revenue flights went to WS — my partner does not, so we wouldn’t both qualify for a match if it existed. Sigh. I have to admit, getting priority boarding and a couple of pieces of luggage (and paying for Plus at OLCI) was nice while it lasted. I hope they bring the match back or even consider a “buy-up” to Gold.
Old May 29, 2018, 12:29 pm

Programs: Erstwhile Accidental AC E35K
So it appears that by mid July I will (accidentally) regain my AC E35 status. What is the deal these days with WS status matching? Any idea?
Old May 30, 2018, 9:05 am

from April 27

Thank you for contacting the WestJet Rewards team. We appreciate your patience while awaiting our response due to higher than normal volume.
At this time, WestJet does not have a published Status Match to Gold promotion.
If you require any further information, please don’t hesitate to ask. For immediate assistance please call our 24hr Contact Centre at 1-888-937-8538 (1-888-WESTJET) or visit our website for a toll free number from your area.
Thank you once again for making WestJet a part of your travel plans.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 9:01 pm

Status match is back

https://www.westjet.com/en-ca/reward...s:status-match
Old Jul 25, 2018, 10:19 pm

Thanks for the heads up. I just regained my AC E35 status, so I can get WS Gold for three months, during which I have to fly six flights on WS to extend it through Dec 2018. It’s tempting, but those 6 flights would probably get me to E50 on AC through 2019.
Old Jul 26, 2018, 7:43 am

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by YYCCL3
Interesting hybrid match/challenge... basically just 3-and-a-bit months of Gold followed by a further 2 months if you meet the challenge. Considering the 6 flights needed to meet the challenge aren't likely to bring you to the $6000 requirement for Gold, you lose it on Jan 1, 2019.

Am I missing something?
Old Jul 27, 2018, 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by ffsim
Interesting hybrid match/challenge... basically just 3-and-a-bit months of Gold followed by a further 2 months if you meet the challenge. Considering the 6 flights needed to meet the challenge aren't likely to bring you to the $6000 requirement for Gold, you lose it on Jan 1, 2019.

Am I missing something?
I think that's pretty much it. Not a very attractive offer, frankly.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 2:08 pm

Programs: Ice Cream Club, AC SE MM, Bonvoy Life Plat
Tried to parse all the fine print but can't seem to determine if the welcome package would be mailed out during phase 1 (the having-flown-zero-ws phase).<br /><br />I want the gold tags!
Sopwith likes this.
Old Aug 4, 2018, 2:57 pm

Programs: AC MM
Thanks for the heads up, I applied last weekend and was notified on Wednesday that it was accepted. I tried WS to LGW a few months ago and was impressed, and am flying them again next week to LGW so the perks will help me for these flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.