Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westjet Gold Status Match

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2015, 6:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by ewok22
Hey Superangrypenguin,
I hit AC E75 this year and gives me no more benefits than E50 from what I can see and AC Rouge is such a poor airline to fly.
I saw the Westjet status match and decided to give Westjet another try and so far I am liking it and have at least 6 flights booked in the next 30 days. The on line flyertalk Westjet guy Darren has gone above and beyond to keep me satisfied with a few small glitches I have experienced ....so as far I am concerned they are well on there way to earning my loyalty, the only problem is no servuce to YXH so can't give them 100% yet. So I am going to go for AC E50 only this year and the rest is going to Westjet at least thats the plan for today, would be nice if Westjet had a higher level beyond Gold.
Definitely love working with Darren - and no Darren i'm not saying that because you know who I am, LOL.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 9:50 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
I just learnt about this today and quickly submitted my request to match my status. I think is a great move by WJ! . AC 25k benefits are virtually none, so i was surprised about the benefits I ll be able to get with Gold Status
Old Jan 29, 2015, 10:12 am

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
I just got the status match, however I am not sure of the value of it :
- free checked bags: generally travel with carry on only
- lounge pass: I already have access with Amex Plat
- seat selection: does not include preferred seat ?!
- same day changes: generally I don't need them.
Moreover, you have to put the Westjet ID to get the benefits which means no AA miles... Not sure it worths it.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 4:24 pm

Programs: WS Nothing, AC Something, AS Gold. Too big for 737Max washrooms
Plaza Premium at YWG

Just posted this elsewhere but here it is on this thread:-

Question:

Can I get into the Plaza Premier lounge at YWG with my West Jet Gold coupon? YWG is conspicuously absent from the list of participating Plaza Premium Lounges on the WS site.

Thanks
Old Jan 30, 2015, 6:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Frequentlander
Just posted this elsewhere but here it is on this thread:-

Question:

Can I get into the Plaza Premier lounge at YWG with my West Jet Gold coupon? YWG is conspicuously absent from the list of participating Plaza Premium Lounges on the WS site.

Thanks
Is it even open yet? I didn't think so?
Old Jan 30, 2015, 8:01 pm

Programs: WS Nothing, AC Something, AS Gold. Too big for 737Max washrooms
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
Is it even open yet? I didn't think so?
Ah.. that might explain it. I only noticed it last week and it looked open but I was running by and it was a bit of a blur. I have a 5 hr layover next week on my way to Flin Flon so need somewhere to park myself. But... As I'm flying an AC partner YWG to YFO and I'm SE I could get into the AC lounge... I think I'm getting to YEG on "another carrier" hence the question.

Edit: Just checked the Plaza Premium website and it says YWG is "coming Q1 2015" so I might be SOL.
Old Oct 16, 2015, 7:56 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
Too bad they've changed it now you have to fly a WS flight. I have a WS flight built into an AA itinerary but can't split the FF numbers so it's either blow 3000 AA miles (which I don't exactly need, but would like since I'm gonna fly them) or forego the only thing I wanted from this WS match which was the companion flight, which may or may not be good, I've found the Alaska $99 companion to be rather expensive when actually adding it all up.
Old Oct 16, 2015, 8:59 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Westjet, Marriott, Nexus
Originally Posted by drvannostren
Too bad they've changed it now you have to fly a WS flight. I have a WS flight built into an AA itinerary but can't split the FF numbers so it's either blow 3000 AA miles (which I don't exactly need, but would like since I'm gonna fly them) or forego the only thing I wanted from this WS match which was the companion flight, which may or may not be good, I've found the Alaska $99 companion to be rather expensive when actually adding it all up.
You wouldn't receive the companion flight with the status match. You'd get vouchers, free checked bags, SDC and zone 1 on your BP etc. The companion flight is a milestone reward once you spend enough to achieve gold.
Old Oct 18, 2015, 7:45 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
Originally Posted by radnub
You wouldn't receive the companion flight with the status match. You'd get vouchers, free checked bags, SDC and zone 1 on your BP etc. The companion flight is a milestone reward once you spend enough to achieve gold.
Oh well then I don't even care I didn't see that anywhere in the info I read. As I understood it you got Gold and I looked at the Gold benefits and the companion flight was on there so I thought it was included.
Old Oct 20, 2015, 12:13 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Westjet, Marriott, Nexus
Originally Posted by drvannostren
Oh well then I don't even care I didn't see that anywhere in the info I read. As I understood it you got Gold and I looked at the Gold benefits and the companion flight was on there so I thought it was included.
It's hidden in the T&Cs on this page: Get Gold Apparently 'Gold flight benefits' are what you get and anything else is based on spend. Funnily enough I saw a tweet from WS yesterday about status match and at the end they added 'restrictions apply' so I bet you aren't the only one to think this!

Good thing you didn't throw away those AA points!
Old Oct 21, 2015, 4:05 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Originally Posted by radnub
It's hidden in the T&Cs on this page: Get Gold Apparently 'Gold flight benefits' are what you get and anything else is based on spend. Funnily enough I saw a tweet from WS yesterday about status match and at the end they added 'restrictions apply' so I bet you aren't the only one to think this!

Good thing you didn't throw away those AA points!
You seriously expect them to status match and give you a free flight instantly? They fly all over the Caribbean and now to Europe. That would be a $2K gift to every person.
Old Oct 29, 2015, 5:35 pm

Programs: BA Gold, WestJet Gold
Hey, rookie WestJet person... be gentle, could not find the answer on the forum...

Do flights bought with WestJet dollars count towards the gold status challenge?

And from the travel bank dollars?

Finding that I need to regularly email WJ about flights not posting to my account... just wondering what the rules actually are.

Thanks!!!
Old Oct 29, 2015, 6:10 pm

Programs: WS Gold, SPG Plat, Nexus, HDC Gold, CCarlson Gold, HHonors Diamond,
Originally Posted by Kitty3008
Hey, rookie WestJet person... be gentle, could not find the answer on the forum...

Do flights bought with WestJet dollars count towards the gold status challenge?

And from the travel bank dollars?

Finding that I need to regularly email WJ about flights not posting to my account... just wondering what the rules actually are.

Thanks!!!
Here is a link to the T's & C's of the Status Match promo. http://www.westjet.com/guest/en/rewards/get-gold.shtml#status-match-terms-conditions

For status match one of the conditions is to fly one qualifying WS flight before the end of the year. Qualifying would be a WS marketed flight (flight # starts with WS), that isn't part of a vacation package, and not bought with WS dollars.

For that last part the wording is "For further clarity, Qualifying Flight Spend also does not include redemption of WestJet dollars or other reward program redemption."

I find it takes 2-4 weeks for my qualifying spend amount to update, and redemption of WS dollars does not count to qualifying spend at all.
Old Oct 30, 2015, 12:46 am

Programs: BA Gold, WestJet Gold
Thanks for the clarification! Guess I'll be booking another flight to get my gold.
Old Oct 30, 2015, 11:51 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
To be clear thought, travel bank credits do qualify. WS Dollars do not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.