Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westjet Gold Status Match

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2018, 11:23 am

Programs: DL Plat, Marriot Plat
I like the old days, where you just needed to fly once by December to get status match.
aidy likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 9:59 pm

Programs: Erstwhile Accidental AC E35K
Originally Posted by Sopwith
Thanks for the heads up. I just regained my AC E35 status, so I can get WS Gold for three months, during which I have to fly six flights on WS to extend it through Dec 2018. It’s tempting, but those 6 flights would probably get me to E50 on AC through 2019.
Originally Posted by DrunkCargo
Tried to parse all the fine print but can't seem to determine if the welcome package would be mailed out during phase 1 (the having-flown-zero-ws phase).<br /><br />I want the gold tags!
I applied for the status match end of July, haven’t flown WS since. The gold tags showed up in the mail today.

Am I good until Dec 31 or next week?
Old Nov 18, 2019, 7:09 pm

Another status match offer... more options for folks who are members of foreign programs.

https://www.westjet.com/en-ca/reward...s/status-match
Old Nov 19, 2019, 7:59 pm

Programs: M-Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Aeroplan 50K, DragonPass, AMEX MR, NEXUS
Just applied for the Silver status match as I currently have P25K with AC...

Honestly not really sure why I even did it lol, I almost never fly WS! Only an FTer would status match to an airline they never fly
Old Nov 19, 2019, 10:56 pm

Programs: Delta 2M DM, Southwest A List and CP
Originally Posted by YYCCL3
Another status match offer... more options for folks who are members of foreign programs.

https://www.westjet.com/en-ca/reward...s/status-match
Note that DL is not on the list of eligible airlines.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 6:39 am

Programs: Qantas Silver, MileagePlus Silver
Got the Status Match email, United MileagePlus Silver is missing from the drop down menu when selecting your program to status match. Am I missing something?

***Update - Issue has been fixed***

Last edited by Heffeh41; Nov 22, 2019 at 10:28 am Reason: Update
Old Nov 20, 2019, 9:21 am

Programs: DL Gold; WJ Gold
Originally Posted by PHXflier
Note that DL is not on the list of eligible airlines.
Yes, very intrigued by this. It's a little frustrating while DL folks don't have well documented, reciprocal benefits on WJ... but hopefully it's a sign of that being fixed very soon!
Old Nov 20, 2019, 9:22 am

Programs: M-Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Aeroplan 50K, DragonPass, AMEX MR, NEXUS
Westjet just needs to hurry up and join Skyteam already...

Like seriously, what is the hold-up?
Old Nov 20, 2019, 9:33 am

Programs: WestJet Gold
Originally Posted by Heffeh41
Got the Status Match email, United MileagePlus Silver is missing from the drop down menu when selecting your program to status match. Am I missing something?
I would just pick the United Gold instead and they will see by your upload that it is actually Silver.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 10:24 am

Originally Posted by codfather
Westjet just needs to hurry up and join Skyteam already...

Like seriously, what is the hold-up?
It is unlikely to happen, as they have a significant number of codeshare arrangements outside Skyteam. The partnership arrangements that Alaska Airlines has is the closest model to WestJet’s airline partnership model.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 7:57 pm

Programs: WS Nothing, AC Something, AS Gold. Too big for 737Max washrooms
Originally Posted by aerobod
It is unlikely to happen, as they have a significant number of codeshare arrangements outside Skyteam. The partnership arrangements that Alaska Airlines has is the closest model to WestJet’s airline partnership model.
I agree. "focussed partnerships" can work very well. Having said that, WestJest have to actually do SOMETHING. Their partnership such as it is with DL provides no real benefits for WS FFs. They are currently saying that all will be different after the JV is approved. Maybe but but they don't have to wait for the JV to implement reciprocal benefits. I can't think of any airline where being a WS plat gets me anything (with the possible exception of course of WS). Currently I see WS and a Canadian version ofEasyJet. Good and functional within their own network but not really having any interface or connectivity that is of benefit to FFs.
FlyerJ likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 10:30 pm

Programs: WS Platinum, Marriott Titanium, DL Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by aerobod
They’ve said it will *not* happen. Period. No alliance.

The issues: they’ve said that to industry, but not to their customers. And they have yet to say what *will* happen, other than vague suggestions of something, someday based on one-off partnerships and JVs ... with absolutely no detail and no commitment as to when.

I think many of us who are cross-border business travellers feel a bit duped. We jumped on the bandwagon with WS with their promise of becoming a world-class, mainstream carrier targeting our business, improved the FF program, added a real J cabin ... but now I’m stuck with loyalty to an airline who can’t get me everywhere I need to go, and no meaningful partnership with any airline who can. (Other than a pretty useless codeshare arrangement with DL.)

I have Plat status with WS, but when I fly cross-border with WS-DL I’m essentially a zero status/zero benefit flyer much of the time.
eracerblue likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 8:11 am

Let's keep to the status match thread with conversations here. There are other threads talking about the DL/WS relationship.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 10:57 am

Programs: AC 50K, Bonvoy PE; Hilton Diamond
I'm trying to figure out how the benefit of being able to pay to upgrade to premium works. If I purchase a flight YYZ-LGW -- in economy, 48 hours before I can call the designated Gold line and request an upgrade to business (or am I limited to one level upgrade to Premium?) -- assuming I can upgrade to business -- how much is that upgrade? All I can see is that "Regular upgrade fees apply" -- what are these "regular" fees? Is it a fixed amount? If so, how much is it for this routing?
Old Nov 21, 2019, 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by Sam_AE
I'm trying to figure out how the benefit of being able to pay to upgrade to premium works. If I purchase a flight YYZ-LGW -- in economy, 48 hours before I can call the designated Gold line and request an upgrade to business (or am I limited to one level upgrade to Premium?) -- assuming I can upgrade to business -- how much is that upgrade? All I can see is that "Regular upgrade fees apply" -- what are these "regular" fees? Is it a fixed amount? If so, how much is it for this routing?
As Gold or Platinum, you can call the designated line and upgrade to premium or business, pending availability. The upgrade fees vary by routing and by how full they are. There is an upgrade thread where you can see examples of pricing here: cost for plus seats in 24 hour window

There are three upgrade price points: Econo to Premium, Econo to Business and Premium to Business. Of course, Econo to Business will be the most expensive. Also, if coming back from LGW, the upgrade prices are even higher since the UK charges a luxury tax for Premium and Business tickets and upgrades.
Sam_AE likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.