Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westjet Gold Status Match

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2020, 6:10 am

Programs: WS Gold, AC 75K, Hertz PC, National EE, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Bills Mafia
When do they usually start the spring US carrier status match. I like to use Westjet to go out east, which is kinda useless in the winter. Trying to avoid turboprops
Old Feb 22, 2020, 10:43 am

Programs: airlines and hotels and rental cars - oh my!
Originally Posted by bcard519
When do they usually start the spring US carrier status match
I may be wrong but I don't believe WS has ever made any offers to status-match US carriers, much less made it a regular annual thing. The primary competitor is AC, not American, United or Southwest.
Old Feb 22, 2020, 3:57 pm

Programs: WS Gold, AC 75K, Hertz PC, National EE, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Bills Mafia
Originally Posted by Symmetre
I may be wrong but I don't believe WS has ever made any offers to status-match US carriers, much less made it a regular annual thing. The primary competitor is AC, not American, United or Southwest.
they status matched my united in the fall. Gave me gold.

Just want to do the same with my wife’s. The status match AC all year. Was assuming they also do it in the spring. Out of all the status matches out there. Westjet is the longest and they actually mail you a gold kit
Old Feb 22, 2020, 8:44 pm

Programs: WestJet Gold
When do they usually start the spring US carrier status match.
Barely ever. You should have done your wife's in the fall too. They kept extending this past one over and over. I think it's highly unlikely to see any status match in the spring to any carrier, let alone a US match.
Old Feb 23, 2020, 6:55 am

Originally Posted by wzzy22
Barely ever. You should have done your wife's in the fall too. They kept extending this past one over and over. I think it's highly unlikely to see any status match in the spring to any carrier, let alone a US match.
I put it off in the fall. I use to love Westjet out of YOW. Now most flight to YYZ and YHZ are props with no WiFi or FC. I use to love the MAX service to YHZ
Old Feb 23, 2020, 2:29 pm

Programs: airlines and hotels and rental cars - oh my!
they status matched my united in the fall. Gave me gold.
Huh. Well there you go. Learned something - and the wife said that was impossible.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 11:15 am

I see gold status grants lounge access. Does it only work when flying Westjet?
Old Feb 25, 2020, 1:54 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
I see gold status grants lounge access. Does it only work when flying Westjet?
Take three guesses.
Old Feb 27, 2020, 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by wzzy22
I don't think so. This is from the status match terms and conditions: A promotional upgrade extension to June 30, 2020 will be awarded after travel of one flight on eligible fares and specified flights. The following are not eligible: Basic fares, Member Exclusive fares, contracted fares, tour operator fares, WestJet Vacations packages, partner-marketed flights, partner bookings made on westjet.com or any other reward program redemption.
YMMV but I got the promotional upgrade extension to June 30,2020 with a Westjet Encore flight booked with RBC Avion points using the RBC portal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.