Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westjet Gold Status Match

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2019, 2:58 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by fly_yag
Does anyone know if there is any flexibility on the 3K spending threshold to maintain gold?
Looks like I’m going to be at ~$2,900 since I did the status match earlier this year.
To get Gold you have to spend $5,000 as a non-match, so they've already offered you a $2,000 discount but you think they will entertain $100 off the discount? I would not hold your breath.
Old Dec 17, 2019, 5:09 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
I sent an application out last week and still haven't heard back. I was targeted an email like a month ago. What gives?
Old Dec 20, 2019, 7:45 pm

Status match is offered again for Dec 20 to 31, from AC or PD only.

Same link as before:

"Still on hold for answers with Air Canada? Switch to the Top Airline loyalty program in Canada and get the value you deserve in a rewards program.^ No waiting required. Switch now."
Old Dec 31, 2019, 11:49 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by keithguy
Status match is offered again for Dec 20 to 31, from AC or PD only.

Same link as before:

"Still on hold for answers with Air Canada? Switch to the Top Airline loyalty program in Canada and get the value you deserve in a rewards program.^ No waiting required. Switch now."

Yes, saw this earlier and thought the bolded line "Still on hold?" was particularly amusing.......

........ especially considering this headline from the CBC this morning

Old Jan 2, 2020, 11:00 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by keitherson
I sent an application out last week and still haven't heard back. I was targeted an email like a month ago. What gives?
It takes more than a week which they tell you in the rules and notes to the program.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 3:08 pm

Status match is active again, January 9 - 31, 2020

Same link: https://www.westjet.com/en-ca/reward...s/status-match

I submitted with a picture of my E50K card, and status match to Gold came through <5 minutes later.

Do Westjet flights booked with Avion points count towards the challenges?
Old Jan 14, 2020, 2:36 pm

Programs: WestJet Gold
Originally Posted by monkai
Do Westjet flights booked with Avion points count towards the challenges?
I don't think so. This is from the status match terms and conditions: A promotional upgrade extension to June 30, 2020 will be awarded after travel of one flight on eligible fares and specified flights. The following are not eligible: Basic fares, Member Exclusive fares, contracted fares, tour operator fares, WestJet Vacations packages, partner-marketed flights, partner bookings made on westjet.com or any other reward program redemption.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 9:49 pm

Programs: AC E75K, WJ Gold, NEXUS, Marriott Gold
Submitted the application on Friday and was approved on Saturday. The terms say I have to fly one segment to extend Gold to June 30. Anyone know if WS Encore flights count for that?
Old Jan 20, 2020, 9:33 pm

Programs: WestJet Gold
Originally Posted by trek604
Submitted the application on Friday and was approved on Saturday. The terms say I have to fly one segment to extend Gold to June 30. Anyone know if WS Encore flights count for that?
Yes, it would count if you were matched from AC or Porter.
Old Feb 7, 2020, 9:32 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E75, WS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, GHA Plat, UA Silver, SQ Silver
WS Gold came through today.

For some reason my current bookings (ME fare) cannot be modified online / seats can't be selected. Is this normal ? Not a routine WS flyer.

Also does Westjet provide a gold kit (with luggage tags and what not) for folks who are status matched (matched for 12 months) ? If yes, how long does it takes ?

Last edited by jugaadkabaap; Feb 7, 2020 at 9:39 am
Old Feb 9, 2020, 6:49 pm

Programs: AC E50K, DL GM , Hyatt Glob.
Originally Posted by jugaadkabaap
WS Gold came through today.

Also does Westjet provide a gold kit (with luggage tags and what not) for folks who are status matched (matched for 12 months) ? If yes, how long does it takes ?
did a match to my AC35k - and surprisingly gold tags did come in the mail (without me flying any legs yet).
Old Feb 9, 2020, 7:22 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E75, WS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, GHA Plat, UA Silver, SQ Silver
Originally Posted by homegrowned
did a match to my AC35k - and surprisingly gold tags did come in the mail (without me flying any legs yet).
oh nice. I also matched my AC status & flying my first segment this Tuesday.

how long did it take for the tags to arrive post match ?
Old Feb 9, 2020, 7:38 pm

Programs: AC
Originally Posted by homegrowned
Mine also came through, without flying any legs. I will likely take a flight to extend to June.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 8:45 pm

Programs: AC E50K, DL GM , Hyatt Glob.
Originally Posted by jugaadkabaap
oh nice. I also matched my AC status & flying my first segment this Tuesday.

how long did it take for the tags to arrive post match ?
I'm not exactly sure unfortunately - was out of town for a bit then came back and it was here... maybe over ~3 weeks? Live in Toronto if that helps.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 6:33 pm

Programs: Erstwhile Accidental AC E35K
Originally Posted by Sopwith
So it looks like I'm PNG at WestJet . It seems there's something in the fine print about being ineligible if you've had another status match in the last three years.

Lost opportunity for WS, methinks. But so be it if that's what they prefer.
So a few days before Christmas I sent a reply asking if they would reconsider based on my anticipated travel plans for 2020. Radio silence so far!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.